Best build for a laggy soloist

AureliaSulis

Hi all, I tend to play melee in MMOs, especially close quarters slow-damaging tanking melee like jedi knight/sith warrior. However, I'd like to give the Bounty Hunter a go and wondering what build is best for a laggy soloist who is looking for a character which can take down multiple mobs (mixed gold, silver and standard) and bosses in heroics and flashpoints without insta-dying.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I tend to play melee in MMOs, especially close quarters slow-damaging tanking melee like jedi knight/sith warrior. However, I'd like to give the Bounty Hunter a go and wondering what build is best for a laggy soloist who is looking for a character which can take down multiple mobs (mixed gold, silver and standard) and bosses in heroics and flashpoints without insta-dying.

Thanks in advance.

Best of the lot IMHO is Advanced Prototype. Not much on defenses, but really good burst and damage.

Since you are soloing and use a comp survivability will never be an issue.

Therefore I would pretty much go for aoe, and subsequently pyro (dot spread, powerful flamethrower) without sacrificing single target dps.

Since you are soloing and use a comp survivability will never be an issue.

Therefore I would pretty much go for aoe, and subsequently pyro (dot spread, powerful flamethrower) without sacrificing single target dps.

Thing is, a lot of those animations are resource heavy on graphics. Might not be the best idea on a laggy PC.

I read lag in this context as latency lag, not poor graphics processor, as the emphasis is solo play and that several other aussie players have reported poor latency.

Either way the difference really ought to be miniscule — especially with low settings, if indeed it is a question of poor hardware.

Edited by Eksenia