Boarding Party Hard Mode overtuned.

Not the overall flashpoint itself, rather the last boss specifically. The incoming damage is far too much as is, the splash damage from the grenades followed by a melee swing from the melee add is an insta-gib no recourse. In addition, because the melee add has no threat table it makes controlling him impossible as taunt has a long cd and said boss can only be anchored for so long.

After several attempts using different strats I suggest the following adjustments be made to it:

Melee add needs his running speed significantly slowed and the removal of charge so that he can be kited by a competent player, conversely give him a normal aggro table.

Main boss add needs his grenade spam toned down significantly or removed entirely, either change is acceptable.

Healer add needs his throughput and damage toned down by at least 20-25%, as is the rest of the flashpoint is fine, this single fight however is the outlier and should be adjusted accordingly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have MT position Commander so that healer and rest of party are >31 m away from him. Then all grenades go on MT and he tanks Commander/Medic. Burn down Security chief (~600 dmg/hit, easily tankable by anyone) after pulling him away from Commander/Medic, then move onto the commander.

Damage becomes much more manageable. I agree it is fairly difficult without that strat.

I just finished healing the last boss as a bounty hunter.

It was HARD as a BH. However, this fight is definitely doable. It's just an extreme version of a healer check, especially for a BH because of the lack of AoE healing abilities.

If your group is spread out enough to keep from taking splash damage from the grenades, you have the greatest chance of success.

Chief > Commander > Medic

Oh yeah, loot chest is bugged and doesn't open. GG.

Edited by Sanctuss

Have you even got decent gear yet?

My gear is certainly good enough for hard modes, it's mostly 48-50 oranges and blues. I managed just fine in the black talon hard mode. The problem I had was not my survivability at all, I feel that the group aoe is just far too extreme for your average group.

If your group is spread out enough to keep from taking splash damage from the grenades, you have the greatest chance of success.

Chief > Commander > Medic

Oh yeah, loot chest is bugged and doesn't open. GG.

We did spread out but he still lobbed grenades at people, I will certainly make sure to tell the ranged/healer to stand further away, but once he started firing grenades at the melee while the swordsman ran around smacking people our healer ran out of resources and one by one the dps went down.

We eventually gave up, but knowing the loot chest is bugged makes me feel slightly better since I wouldn't have gotten anything for my trouble anyway.

Edit: I was tanking him, I was not healing, these are my observations from watching the fight while I tank. I have very good awareness in encounters and I saw the above take out our group each time.

Edited by Khayleth

You say the AoE dmg is too much to handle for the AVERAGE group, but Hard modes are not for the average group.

You actually need well geared competent players, and that is what is intended. I am actually glad how BW has made fights that require skill instead of the usual DPS fest that comes from other MMOs.

You say the AoE dmg is too much to handle for the AVERAGE group, but Hard modes are not for the average group.

You actually need well geared competent players, and that is what is intended. I am actually glad how BW has made fights that require skill instead of the usual DPS fest that comes from other MMOs.

Actually it's a four man which means the average group should have a challenge, not a repair factory.

as others said, tank goes in aggro's all 3, then stays midway between commander/healer and rest of group (so that the grenade from commander doesnt reach group, only tank).

Nuke Massey (the idiot that runs around), he doesnt do that much dmg, any melee should be able to "tank" him while he gets killed. Then kill the commander cause his shield is down and he's the main source of dmg. then healer last. If your tank is competent he can interrupt some heals when you're killing the commander. Aggro isnt a issue since he has 1 mob advantage to gain aggro on them.

And chest's bugged (might be cause we wiped but still.....)

It's not fine. Your video is with three ranged. In another post you claim to have killed him with three melee and that you would post the video. I'd love to see that one. I've finished the encounter only to have the chest bugged. But yes, the encounter is very melee unfriendly.

What we do to kill him in 1 try even with under geared dps.

Tank kites the Boss and the Shield generated mob out of the room and around that big room.

DPS and Healer burn down the Medic.

After medic is dead dps and healer go grab the shield mob and burn him down.

After he's dead the boss will probably enrage.

The tank needs to kite him around one of the big pillars in that room before the boss fight room. "Practice after the dps pulls the shield mob before he enrages"

You can easily kite him and kill him in 1 try.

If dps or healers get 1 shot just zone back in, he dies pretty quick.

Hope this helps!!!

Edited by Juntaro

How we did it and our DPS was severely severely lacking was:

Tank aggros all, then stands at the base ofhte stairs in the room keeping the boss where he is, along with the medic. the melee charges to where the rest of the group is stood, at the top of the stairs, at the entrance to the room, tank taunts melee more or less because the tank has nothing else to be doing outside of dropping the odd shock on the boss and medic.

Melee dies

The group, now move into range of the boss, and burst him down. with the exception of the healer who stays 32m away, just in range of the tank. we had a sniper who could sit on the edge and pop shot the boss too which was good.

Tank and other DPS interrupt the medic.

We killed the boss and failed to the medic as the DPS just wasn't up to it. No problem now that we know this.

As soon as enrage pops, tank rushes up the stairs and out of the room. By the entrance archway, there are 2 ramps allowing you to run and hug each side of the wall, just run back and forth, LOS kiting :) constantly using instant damage to keep aggro and taunt while dps burn him down.

This boss becomes trouble when you have 3 melee.

What we do to kill him in 1 try even with under geared dps.

Tank kites the Boss and the Shield generated mob out of the room and around that big room.

DPS and Healer burn down the Medic.

After medic is dead dps and healer go grab the shield mob and burn him down.

After he's dead the boss will probably enrage.

The tank needs to kite him around one of the big pillars in that room before the boss fight room. "Practice after the dps pulls the shield mob before he enrages"

You can easily kite him and kill him in 1 try.

If dps or healers get 1 shot just zone back in, he dies pretty quick.

Hope this helps!!!

My guild does something similar when we run this flashpoint on hard. We kill the healer first, then the shield guy, then the commander. If th ecommander enrages, we actually kite him back to the previous room (Los and light dps at that point) to where our Imperial reinforcements are.

The commander will generally kill the Imperial NPCs, but we then burn him down. If someone does by chance die, they zone right in and the commander is within a few seconds walk to reaquire and kite again (if necessary).

Boss is completely fine.

Except that Jorland's reflective shield doesnt drop when you kill Massey. If you have good DPS (which you didnt really in that video) they suicide on the shield. I setup my burst and as soon as I popped all of it I was dead because of that stupid shield.

I had a group last night, that was not under geared and was not able to do this last boss. I was healing and have over 12K HP. For some reason the all 3 guys for this fight have 2 buffs on them, in the videos I see the bosses only have one buff on them. Our issues was, the bosses where not focused on the tank. Every time I tossed the tank a heal, I would instantly grab agro, and would be 2 shot. The healer was using his grenade launcher, and wrecking me. We tried many times, and each time I would grab threat from one heal, which ending up killing me. Please let me know if this last boss is bugged, or stuck on nightmare mode?

Is there a more recent video of this being done?

• 2 weeks later...
Have MT position Commander so that healer and rest of party are >31 m away from him. Then all grenades go on MT and he tanks Commander/Medic. Burn down Security chief (~600 dmg/hit, easily tankable by anyone) after pulling him away from Commander/Medic, then move onto the commander.

Damage becomes much more manageable. I agree it is fairly difficult without that strat.

This is ridiculous. The only strat I'm seeing that works is to have all your DPS > 31m from the boss........... That is impossible with a melee DPS. In fact, I ran a group of geared competent individuals last night that had never done HM BP. We one shotted every other boss. 1 melee DPS, 1 range, Operative healer, Assasin tank. I could not keep up the melee DPS. Battle rez him and he dies a second time.

I'm getting sick of reading about boss fights and how badly screwed melee DPS is.

Our group is the hard mode hardcore group of our guild and we've one shot the last boss these past two days..

Massey-jorland-Medic

Have tank tank em all where they are and interrupt medics healing spells

Healer and two dps(hopefully ranged) stay near stairs and dps massey when he comes to them and go out to dps him when he runs back to tank..run back to stairs if health is low..

when Massey dies..Pop all cooldowns and pewpew Jorland.healer needs to heal hard because they won't be moving back.Than once hes dead its tank and spank.if medic berserks have tank pop cds or he will die.

This is too hard when you have 2 melee DPS. Even in really strong gear our healer could not keep them up should the grenade spam target them. Compared to one melee and one ranged DPS, the difficulty difference is kinda huge.

I suppose the melee could run out when targeted by this, but even so.. it seems kinda stupid. Punishing one kind of setup more than another, especially when its melee vs ranged, is detrimental to the game.