Criticize my pvp build

Pathlight-

Here's a link to my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rIModdfdRdZf0zZfM.3

My goal is to provide maximum utility to the team while still being viable as a damage dealer. I'm fully dps geared and augmented except for the offhand (shield).

I have been having pretty good results so far as I'm doing extremely well in node guarding and 1v1 situations as well as being durable under fire.

I welcome all suggestions and feedback that could improve this build.

On a sidenote, I see a lot of infiltration shadows doing great damage. Will my team benefit more from an infil shadow or should I keep this build ? They seem great for quick node stealing and overall damage but I'd appreciate some feedback as to their survivability.

Edited by Pathlight-

You may want to consider picking up Masked Assault to give you another defensive cooldown - very useful for node guarding since Stealth resets the cooldown (obviously good for surviving focus fire, too). If you keep the Kinetic tree as is, that would be 33/11/2 (I put the 2 leftover points in Force Synergy since you're running full DPS gear).

You could also trade Shadow Wrap for Infiltration Tactics and Harnessed Shadows for Fade and Low Slash. You'd lose the self-heal, but gain more damage. 23/21/2

Another alternative would be to run a Kinetic/Balance hybrid. Force in Balance hits hard at range (5 targets since 2.0 too) and is great for interrupting node caps. 50% bonus surge for Double Strike isn't bad either. This one is similar to the Kinetic/Infiltration hybrid in terms of capability, but plays a bit differently. 24/7/15

As for your question about Infiltration. You mention doing well at both capping and guarding nodes (presumably solo). Going with a full DPS build will make you better at the former and worse at the latter. You can burst people down insanely fast with Force Potency, and when you go back into Stealth, the cooldown is reset and you can do it again.

The baseline survivability of Infiltration is not nearly as bad as before thanks to the 8% damage reduction from Jedi Resistance and Kinetic Field, and you have great defensive cooldowns (Blackout, Deflection, Resilience. 30% less damage taken from AoEs is very helpful against Smashers and Sorcs, too.

So for guarding against 1-2 targets, full DPS will hold its own if you can sap one guy and murder the other (this is pretty much how Scrapper Scoundrels/Concealment Operatives node guard). If there's more than one enemy incoming, or the sapped target stun breaks, the scale starts to tip in favour of a tank hybrid.

Anyway, if you want to have a go at full DPS, I would recommend running the spec 0/31/15 with the Stalker set bonus to give you 3 charges of Potency and a Focus instead of a Shield. The ability to hit someone with Force Breach > Force in Balance > Project and have them all crit basically every encounter is not fun for the guys on the receiving end (and that's not even mentioning all the Shadow Strikes you'll be using with Infiltration Tactics and Impose Weakness). :)

Edited by Gondolindhrim

You may want to consider picking up Masked Assault to give you another defensive cooldown - very useful for node guarding since Stealth resets the cooldown (obviously good for surviving focus fire, too). If you keep the Kinetic tree as is, that would be 33/11/2 (I put the 2 leftover points in Force Synergy since you're running full DPS gear).

You could also trade Shadow Wrap for Infiltration Tactics and Harnessed Shadows for Fade and Low Slash. You'd lose the self-heal, but gain more damage. 23/21/2 (the point in Shadow Technique is just to progress up the tree).

Another alternative would be to run a Kinetic/Balance hybrid. Force in Balance hits hard at range (5 targets since 2.0 too) and is great for interrupting node caps. 50% bonus surge for Double Strike isn't bad either. This one is similar to the Kinetic/Infiltration hybrid in terms of capability, but plays a bit differently. 24/7/15

As for your question about Infiltration. You mention doing well at both capping and guarding nodes (presumably solo). Going with a full DPS build will make you better at the former and worse at the latter. You can burst people down insanely fast with Force Potency, and when you go back into Stealth, the cooldown is reset and you can do it again.

The baseline survivability of Infiltration is not nearly as bad as before thanks to the 8% damage reduction from Jedi Resistance and Kinetic Field, and you have great defensive cooldowns (Blackout, Deflection, Resilience. 30% less damage taken from AoEs is very helpful against Smashers and Sorcs, too.

So for guarding against 1-2 targets, full DPS will hold its own if you can sap one guy and murder the other (this is pretty much how Scrapper Scoundrels/Concealment Operatives node guard). If there's more than one enemy incoming, or the sapped target stun breaks, the scale starts to tip in favour of a tank hybrid.

Anyway, if you want to have a go at full DPS, I would recommend running the spec 0/31/15 with the Stalker set bonus to give you 3 charges of Potency and a Focus instead of a Shield. The ability to hit someone with Force Breach > Force in Balance > Project and have them all crit basically every encounter is not fun for the guys on the receiving end (and that's not even mentioning all the Shadow Strikes you'll be using with Infiltration Tactics and Impose Weakness). :)

Great feedback. Thanks a lot.

You could also trade Shadow Wrap for Infiltration Tactics and Harnessed Shadows for Fade and Low Slash. You'd lose the self-heal, but gain more damage. 23/21/2

I am really intruiged by this. Based on my play style this look slike the best synergy so thanks for posting it.

My questions comes based on gearing and stat priority. I am thinking dps gear. Any insight I should consider or perhaps outright missed?

Thanks in advance this time.