Comm Mods - Green or Blue Now?

DomiSotto

Folks, saw someone mention it, and I am wondering if I misread? Does 4.0 still has blue mods for armor for the planetary comms as they were, every 4 levels still? If not, do we just grind the gear via lowbie FPs? Any inofrmation on lowbie gearing at all?

Yeah, all the vendors on the fleet are all green now. They also changed from odd levels to even levels. Patch notes - what are they good for it you don't put the changes in them?

I'm guessing the crafted mods are now blue and are better than the mods vendors on the fleet. At least that is what it was for my armstech. Just would be nice if it was documented it in the patch notes so I don't have to sit there and scratch my head wondering what all changed.

I have a feeling it will be a pain to level now, because everyone wants the legendary status.

I noticed that Forged Alliances quest reward is green gear. Nerfed from 162 to 135. Ouch.

I will not surprise that many "heroic" reward is green too.

So, to re-cap...

1. Planets are scaled, so overlevelling does not help

2. Flashpoints are really hard now on the low level players in their tactical form

3. Quest rewards (comms) are useless for procuring gear... unless the rescaled heroics still give blue items?

In short, the only way you can be in blue gear is to have:

Synweaving or Armormech crafted Armorings

Cybertech crafted Enhancements

Armstech and Artifice craft hilts and barrels

Does Cybertech still craft mods as well as (now) Enhancements?

And Synth & Armormech no longer craft the pieces that are not just empty orange shells?

So, the way to gear in this game is to... gather rather than quest?

Edited by DomiSotto

So, to re-cap...

1. Planets are scaled, so overlevelling does not help

2. Flashpoints are really hard now on the low level players in their tactical form

3. Quest rewards (comms) are useless for procuring gear... unless the rescaled heroics still give blue items?

In short, the only way you can be in blue gear is to have:

Synweaving or Armormech crafted Armorings

Cybertech crafted Enhancements

Armstech and Artifice craft hilts and barrels

Does Cybertech still craft mods as well as (now) Enhancements?

And Synth & Armormech no longer craft the pieces that are not just empty orange shells?

So, the way to gear in this game is to... gather rather than quest?

1. It does help. Greatly.

2. Wha?

3. Useless? You have all green mods.

Yes, you will either have to craft or buy crafted. As it should have always been. Theres isnt ANY requirement for better than green gear. AND you dont have to gear companion any more.

On level green gear is already overpowered.

And synth and armormech craft gear just as before. But now you dont have to RE endless greens to get decent blue, you start with blue.

So your "recap" is really......shabby. I wonder where you get your info from.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

On level green gear is already overpowered.

Did you level in the on-level greens? Or anyone since 2012?

These threads discusses that the tacticals are really hard on the <30 characters: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842950

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843092

In terms of playing in green gear on the level-synqued planets, I have not heard any testimony, since everyone seems to be jumping straight into KoFTE with their 60+ characters.

No, you do not have to gear a companion, but if your influence with him (as in a low level character) is low, how efficient will the character be, accompanied by a PC in leveling greens?

Look, my existing legacy is all set up to produce whatever. Of course I will now have to rebuy all those (thank you for reminding) carefully RE'd items......

My second legacy, even with a fair bit of stuff carried over, well, I need to start with spending time gathering to bring all 6 crafts to level instead of playing the game. I was hoping not to touch the crafts. So, I am now divided between trying to make my way in leveling greens or sinking my time into prep.

I still want to know if there is questing left in the game that allows obtaining blue gear on low levels.

Edited by DomiSotto

These threads discusses that the tacticals are really hard on the <30 characters: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842950

In terms of playing in green gear on the level-synqued planets, I have not heard any testimony, since everyone seems to be jumping straight into KoFTE with their 60+ characters.

No, you do not have to gear a companion, but if your influence with him (as in a low level character) is low, how efficient will the character be, accompanied by a PC in leveling greens?

I still want to know if there is questing left in the game that allows obtaining blue gear on low levels.

As much that i saw, the new green level mods from comms are actually BETTER than old blue level ones, just compare the stats and you will see, these are not like the ones from 2012 by far.

Prototype quality mods now come ony from crafers, which is a GREAT idea, since it will give people incentive to actually make and sell blue quality stuf, unlike before where it youst dropped everywhere, and if somebody doen't want to buy that - the NEW green mods are more than capable to make you plow trough everything.

And flashpoint difficulty has nothing to do with the gear, it's just the testimony that low level tacticals are INCREDIBLY stupid idea which will backfire on new players on so many levels...

Edited by Pavijan

To be fair, I'm running the green mods on my smuggler which is level 20 (lvl 18 mods) and I'm smoking everything I'm coming across. Companions also seem quite powerful right now so that may be affecting my opinion slightly. Even going back to Coruscant....being dropped to level 18 from level sync and still crushing everything. If leveling is fast and you are still "over-leveling" everything, I guess I can live with green god-mode versus blue god-mode.

Look, my existing legacy is all set up to produce whatever. Of course I will now have to rebuy all those (thank you for reminding) carefully RE'd items......

My second legacy, even with a fair bit of stuff carried over, well, I need to start with spending time gathering to bring all 6 crafts to level instead of playing the game. I was hoping not to touch the crafts. So, I am now divided between trying to make my way in leveling greens or sinking my time into prep.

I just leveled 2 characters in last 2 weeks to 55 strictly in green gear they crafted for themselves/quest rewards on new account (without any bonuses). I was even UNDER LEVELED for planets as i held off accepting quest rewards until 3 mandatory/accept 1

It was super EASY. I think i died once.

And you are boosted in tacticals, so no clue how does gear matter.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

Okay, I will try playing in greens then, and dedicate the crafting missions to getting the gifts to the companions to have them to be more efficient. Fingers crossed that works.

So, gear does not help with the Flashpoints any longer?

If you want to make leveling easier then just go buy a bunch of cheap gifts and feed them to your companion. The presence boost is quite good.

Okay, I will try playing in greens then, and dedicate the crafting missions to getting the gifts to the companions to have them to be more efficient. Fingers crossed that works.

I dont know if it helps or not, but imo its more question of your skills.

And if you have decent legacy companion presence bonuses youll see companions have been boosted significantly.

And you can get ton of influence with 200 credits lvl1 gifts on gift companion vendor. And be sure to unlock 30% more influence from gifts on your legacy character screen.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

Yes, I am going to do the usual, buy one of the companion's affection with Level 1 Green gifts till they scale badly, and then grind lots of gifts on the mission skills, feeding the Companion of Choice to whatever high is feasible, and selling the rest.

Yeah, my presence is pretty high, though the datacrons have not carried over, of course. Pfft.

At this point, I am basically interested in playing with the least grind and 'have to do' things, with the access to the parts of the game that are fun for me. I kindda wanted to do the old FPs again, since I only had a chance on one character, and that get cut off by level 42 with all the endless XP boosts series.

Anyway, yeah, if Greens are New Blues, whatever. Might buy hilts/barrels & will crafts implants/stims.

Edited by DomiSotto

Folks, saw someone mention it, and I am wondering if I misread? Does 4.0 still has blue mods for armor for the planetary comms as they were, every 4 levels still? If not, do we just grind the gear via lowbie FPs? Any inofrmation on lowbie gearing at all?

I have Domi.

They are as GREEN as that colour is :D .

Yet another COMPLETELY unnecessary change with which Bioware is trying to force crafting. But BW do you know what is a natural reaction to force? Force itself ;) .

Nah, I don't want to craft. Even if I only need one Legacy suit for all my 7 characters on a new server, (I can nix a tank) it's just not worth it at this point for me. I've been a good little grinder for 2 years, and am tired of 'must do's' Gonna do what I want and only what I want. And if I can't... well, no big deal. But I am playing from now on, not checking off the do-list ever again. Edited by DomiSotto

Just tiny example from level 60 modification vendor.

- He selling you rating 192 "green" mods

- Crew skills can craft rating 178 "blue" mods. And it is same grade 36, aka you can RE it to rating 186 "purple".

- There is no new grade 37 or higher crafted mods from trainer, so until someone RE it from new Operations, vendor "greens" are top mods.

Colour mean nothing, rating is.

Edited by Jianka
coloured

Nah, I don't want to craft. Even if I only need one Legacy suit for all my 7 characters on a new server, (I can nix a tank) it's just not worth it at this point for me. I've been a good little grinder for 2 years, and am tired of 'must do's' Gonna do what I want and only what I want. And if I can't... well, no big deal. But I am playing from now on, not checking off the do-list ever again.

I was like you...until 12x stopped ;) .

Back to grind! Stupid Bioware.

I am more interested in like... Level 17 gear (or is it now 18?) :) I left a bunch of chars to play in PvP and PvE from level 25 on, 'cause to be honest I enjoy playing low level chars more than the higher level chars, and I have missed TONS of old Flashpoints because of the timing of my playing SWTOR.

For the high level chars, I don't really feel like doing anything but trying the rescaled Ops on level 60. KofTE story, regearing, regrinding... meh. Not wanna.

So, I think, the levelling greens should do just fine for me. Feeling better now, thanks!!!!

I was like you...until 12x stopped

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, but I am opposite to you because, well, I can now fit in the PvP and Flashpoints, and not overlevel everything in the blink of an eye.

I was getting really frustrated by not being able to access all the cewl low level content (FPs), cause nobody did it any more just when I felt I was ready to try it out! And like that for almost a year!!!

Edited by DomiSotto

I just modded my armor with the new green comm. mods from the vendor. They do seem to have better stats than the old blues from the vendor did. And they are working really well so far no deaths and just having a blast. I was worried that they would suck but i was wrong.

As much that i saw, the new green level mods from comms are actually BETTER than old blue level ones, just compare the stats and you will see, these are not like the ones from 2012 by far.
Yes and no, the stats aren't better then those on the blue ones, off course, but the level requirements were decreased. In the end crafters will not benefit much, people are just going to use the green mods for leveling.

Go colorblind when looking at those mods. So seeing them as green vs blue, but instead as numbers versus numbers.

Those mod vendors are seeking some great leveling stuff. Just as good as the blues of before were, and often better because itemization choices are now abundant at all levels.

Your egos are the only things holding you back from enjoying this. Yes, you can wear greens and not be a filthy scrub peasant. You'll be fine.

In the end crafters will not benefit much

Lol.

Nobody's ever going to need to craft anything ever other than possibly max level mods. Thank you devs for destroying crafting for me. I guess it wasn't in tiny enough pieces yet. To get anything at all out of crafting Im supposed to now grind ops for recipes..

Edited by Karkais

Nobody's ever going to need to craft anything ever other than possibly max level mods. Thank you devs for destroying crafting for me. I guess it wasn't in tiny enough pieces yet. To get anything at all out of crafting Im supposed to now grind ops for recipes..

Blue and purple mods are still better then the green ones, for a given level requirement - and now with the mastery stat it might be feasible to create sets of legacy gear that can be used by all alts using purple mods. And reusing like that might make augmenting feasible. Not that anyone really needs that kind of quality gear, but some will want to, just because.

Edited by nimmerstil