The Hunger Games: STAR WARS Edition – Control Room

Beniboybling

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornucopia Bloodbath

The Hunger Games will begin with all 24 tributes starting off in the Cornucopia Zone, in the centre, a treasure trove

filled with weapons, food & equipment. In this initial stage the above phases apply, but will have differing parameters.

Decision Phase: Before the countdown reaches zero and the Games begin each tribute must make a choice, whether it be to grab a pack and bolt, head straight for the trees, or cut their way towards the Cornucopia for the best loot.

Before moving on to the next phases, spectators will debate what each tribute is expected to do, whether they’ll attempt to grab some loot or leave for the other zones immediately, and how close to the Cornucopia they'll get.

It will also be considered if they will attack or avoid a specific tribute, and what abilities they have at their disposal to get them in and out as quickly as possible.

Encounter Phase: Once a verdict has been for each tribute and their advantages considered, the Head Gamemaker will throw the subsequent variables into a hat and randomly generate an encounter base on their choices. Be it escaping without incident, or encountering another tribute, as well any weapons/packs they manage to acquire.

Survival Phase: This phase will only commence if the tribute ends up in a potentially hostile situation i.e. if they encounter another tribute. A mini vs. debate will commence in which, taking into account whether the tributes are armed or not, their personal intentions and resolve, whether it ends fatally, and if so for whom.

There will be no sponsor phase until the Cornucopia Bloodbath is over, instead the phases will repeat until every tribute’s actions in this zone have been resolved.

Disregard that actually, I think it would be better if we assume a space for pre-made alliances (as with a standard games) and allow the argument to be made that X and Y would have made a pre-made alliance.

However that will only be permissible as an argument during the Cornucopia Bloodbath stage, and on that note I plan to get that phase started up soon today.

==================================================

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Cornucopia Bloodbath. :)

The tributes have entered the arena, and they have less than sixty seconds to make a decision. But before we head over there lets do a run down of the Cornucopia, or Zone 0 itself.

Here is a map of the arena (you can also find this on the Arena thread) - as you can see it is divided into three zones, the upper level, the lower level and the Cornucopia itself which sits atop a pedestal in the center.

The upper level are scattered with backpacks containing the least valuable loot, on the lower level tributes will find backpacks of greater value (but also greater danger) and even weapons, and of course scattered around the Cornucopia and within the golden horn itself lies the most valuable weapons and supplies.

The weapons on display to the tributes are as follows:

Melee Weapons

One-handed vibroblades / Two-handed vibroswords / Vibro double-blades / Vibro daggers/throwing knives / Vibroaxes / Vibro rapiers / Phrik electrostaff / Shock whip

Ranged Weapons

DH-17 blaster pistols / LL-30 blaster pistols / 434 heavy blaster pistols / E-11 blaster rifles / A280 blaster rifles / DC-15 blaster rifles / E-11 sniper rifles / Sonic hand blasters / Bowcaster / Flamethrower / Energy bow

Grenade Belts

Flashbang grenade belts / Electromagnetic grenade belts / Smoke grenade belts / Nerve gas grenade belts

The contents of the backpacks however remains unknown to them until they open one.

For the history buffs among the audience, here is photo taken of a real Massassi Arena on Yavin 4 itself, in fact I hear its become quite a popular tourist destination, I'd recommend booking in advance.

Our arena is quite similar, except steps extend right to the bottom to provide ease of access (wouldn't want any of our tributes breaking bones prematurely), the arena is open rather than walled off and the Corncuopia lies in the center.

So without further ado lets start with the Decision Phase (see above) what will our tributes do, fight or flight? How close to the center will they advance, or will they flee altogether? Let's begin with our first three tributes!

Edited by Beniboybling

So to begin let's talk Ahsoka Tano, An'ya Kuro AKA the Dark Woman and Asajj Ventress. Below are their bios:

Ahsoka Tano

[*TCW Ahsoka Tano]

A young Togruta Padawan to Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars, Ahsoka is determined and capable with a maturity beyond her years. Though at times she can be reckless and headstrong, she is a capable leader, and is unafraid to eschew convention in order to pursue what she believes to be right.

Skills: Skilled lightsaber duellist: Shien/Ataru/Djem So/Niman/Jar’Kai, hand-to-hand combat trained, Force-sensitive, advanced visuospatial awareness/echolocation, considerable mechanical knowledge, speaks Shyriiwook and likely other languages.

An’ya Kuro

Known only as “the Dark Woman”, An’ya Kuro is an unorthodox yet respected Jedi Master, she believes strongly in the Jedi philosophy of humility. Yet despite this her training methods were brutal, which often led her students to fail.

Skills: Expert lightsaber duellist: likely Ataru/Jar’Kai, trained Force-sensitive: plant surge/Force cloak/Fold space/Phase/Force healing.

Asajj Ventress

[*Early Dark Disciple Ventress]

Born a Nightsister, raised a Jedi, trained as a Sith assassin and now living as a freelance bounty hunter, Ventress has experienced all walks of life and found most to be lacking. Learning the hard way to trust no one, she relied only on her own cunning and ruthlessness to survive, before falling in love with the maverick Jedi Quinlan Vos, who revealed beneath her beneath her cold exterior lies a repressed, compassionate side.

Skills: Expert lightsaber duellist: Makashi/Jar’Kai, hand-to-hand combat trained, trained Force-sensitive: blood trail/beast control/Quey’tek meditation, chain-sickle trained, energy bow trained, highly skilled tracker/hunter, trained assassin.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well, the most obvious alliance involving 2 of these is Ahsoka, An'ya and Obi-wan

Most likely strategy I see them planning in advance is An'ya using Fold Space to go directly to the cornucopia and grabbing lightsabers for all 3 of them. For the sake of fairness I think we need to assume there are limitation on how frequently Fold Space can be used, so An'ya would have to depart the old fashioned way. To this end Ahsoka and Obi-wan would Force Jump down to the lower level, grab survival supplies and support An'ya on the way out. They would not hang around to fight anyone, they would make a beeline to the nearest exit.

The Dark Woman actually has an advantage here, she can just use Fold Space to warp to where she wants and then warp out. I don't really know her character that well but from what I know nothing is really stopping her from doing this.

Yeah, she can also phase through walls and render herself invisible.

With that in mind do you think she'll risk going straight for the Cornucopia?

Edited by Beniboybling

That's the part I'm not sure of. She probably has the best skill set out of the entire competition for this particular scenario but I don't know if she'd risk it. If I had to say, I'd say yes as she'll probably know that she has the ability to leave quickly if something goes wrong.

Not much of a risk if she can be in and out before anyone else gets there, especially in the scenario I proposed above

Well, the most obvious alliance involving 2 of these is Ahsoka, An'ya and Obi-wan

Most likely strategy I see them planning in advance is An'ya using Fold Space to go directly to the cornucopia and grabbing lightsabers for all 3 of them. For the sake of fairness I think we need to assume there are limitation on how frequently Fold Space can be used, so An'ya would have to depart the old fashioned way. To this end Ahsoka and Obi-wan would Force Jump down to the lower level, grab survival supplies and support An'ya on the way out. They would not hang around to fight anyone, they would make a beeline to the nearest exit.

I could see Fisto being in that alliance too, he's worked with Kenobi before and has spoken to Ahsoka a few times.

Well I find it unlikely that fold space can be used over long distances, more likely a couple of meters at best, so I don't think she'd be able to teleport straight there, not that it wouldn't be useful.

And though an interesting strategy, in the chaos of the Cornucopia that kind of coordination would be difficult. Especially when Kuro must considering that Aurra Sing may be gunning for her.

In that respect if the Jedi form any kind of agreement, it might be to survive and regroup when they get to safety.

Well I find it unlikely that fold space can be used over long distances, more likely a couple of meters at best, so I don't think she'd be able to teleport straight there, not that it wouldn't be useful.

And though an interesting strategy, in the chaos of the Cornucopia that kind of coordination would be difficult. Especially when Kuro must considering that Aurra Sing may be gunning for her.

In that respect if the Jedi form any kind of agreement, it might be to survive and regroup when they get to safety.

I didn't actually think about that. That might actually make her go towards her, all things considered.

Edited by PadsterPwns

I guess we don't know much about the Force power, it does make it less OP this way.

Ahsoka and Obi-wan are already very familiar working together in chaotic environments, I don't think chaos will be an issue for them.

Revised scenario:

the 3 of them make a beeline for the lower levels to collect supplies. Only the other Force users could possibly compete in speed, so they shouldn't have much issue. At this point, they take quick stock of their surroundings. If the cornucopia is open, one of them (EDIT: probably Ahsoka, being Togruta gives her a bit of an advantage here) can jump in to grab weapons, while the other two use telekinesis to provide support, restraining (even if for only a few seconds) any threats. Then promptly make a beeline out.

If the cornucopia is already occupied (probably by Maul and Savage), skip the advanced weapons and make a beeline out.

EDIT: keep forgetting Kit Fisto, throw him in there as well.

Edited by MadDutchman

I guess we don't know much about the Force power, it does make it less OP this way.

Ahsoka and Obi-wan are already very familiar working together in chaotic environments, I don't think chaos will be an issue for them.

Revised scenario:

the 3 of them make a beeline for the lower levels to collect supplies. Only the other Force users could possibly compete in speed, so they shouldn't have much issue. At this point, they take quick stock of their surroundings. If the cornucopia is open, one of them can jump in to grab weapons, while the other two use telekinesis to provide support, restraining (even if for only a few seconds) any threats. Then promptly make a beeline out.

If the cornucopia is already occupied (probably by Maul and Savage), skip the advanced weapons and make a beeline out.

It's more the unpredictable variables, for example them emerging into the arena in the same area is no guarantee, and in the event that any one of them becomes occupied, the rest can't really afford to wait around, or wade in to offer aid. Nor is there any guarantee they will be able to neutralise all threats that they come across.

However, its also important to consider Kuro's personality, she's a Jedi, but also brutal, something of a lone wolf/outsider and completely devoted to the will of the Force. In that respect she might not be amiable to an alliance. There can only be one winner, so It's possible Kuro might think it best to go alone, and let the Force decide the fate.

Factor in that Kuro is likely to attract dangerous attention from Sing, and she has even more reason to go solo.

Edited by Beniboybling

It's more the unpredictable variables, for example them emerging into the arena in the same area is no guarantee, and in the event that any one of them becomes occupied, the rest can't really afford to wait around, or wade in to offer aid. Nor is there any guarantee they will be able to neutralise all threats that they come across.

However, its also important to consider Kuro's personality, she's a Jedi, but also brutal, something of a lone wolf/outsider and completely devoted to the will of the Force. In that respect she might not be amiable to an alliance. There can only be one winner, so It's possible Kuro might think it best to go alone, and let the Force decide the fate.

Factor in that Kuro is likely to attract dangerous attention from Sing, and she has even more reason to go solo.

That's a good point about Kuro, she probably would go it alone.

Even if the others are separate at start, getting in an out of the lower area without incident wouldn't be that problematic due to their Force powers (and the dark side force users would be making a beeline for the cornucopia probably, wouldn't be too hard to avoid, as they wouldn't want to waste any time). It's why I list the cornucopia as a target of opportunity. If it works out, great, if not, oh well.

That's a good point about Kuro, she probably would go it alone.

Even if the others are separate at start, getting in an out of the lower area without incident wouldn't be that problematic due to their Force powers (and the dark side force users would be making a beeline for the cornucopia probably, wouldn't be too hard to avoid, as they wouldn't want to waste any time). It's why I list the cornucopia as a target of opportunity. If it works out, great, if not, oh well.

That is true, this could potentially work.

What are our thoughts on Ventress however?

That is true, this could potentially work.

What are our thoughts on Ventress however?

Ventress is a tricky one. I don't think she'd be stupid enough to go for the cornucopia, but she might go for the lower level packs (like the Jedi, she could make it in and out easily enough). I don't think she'd try and engage anyone, just get in and get out.

Probably go it alone, though a partnership with Vos might be interesting to consider...