Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

It came up on Reddit, and I think it shows that it can work, there is apparently a holographic crew option for DS9 characters to be on your bridge in STO. I think something like that would be really nice here, though "cloning" would be the in-game explanation in this case. I mean, for my uses, characters cloned wouldn't actually be cloned but be part of my own story, but that being the reasoning would be acceptable. More than, really.

It came up on Reddit, and I think it shows that it can work, there is apparently a holographic crew option for DS9 characters to be on your bridge in STO. I think something like that would be really nice here, though "cloning" would be the in-game explanation in this case. I mean, for my uses, characters cloned wouldn't actually be cloned but be part of my own story, but that being the reasoning would be acceptable. More than, really.

Thinking on this. In addition of Vaylin, for SWTOR I imagine it would be like getting clones of characters from KOTOR and KOTOR II ... heh, I want a Darth Traya Companion now!

Thinking on this. In addition of Vaylin, for SWTOR I imagine it would be like getting clones of characters from KOTOR and KOTOR II ... heh, I want a Darth Traya Companion now!

Yeah, there are a few characters from the previous stories that I wouldn't mind having around.

Probably not Mission. We already have Vette.

Edited by gamephil

Yeah, there are a few characters from the previous stories that I wouldn't mind having around.

Probably not Mission. We already have Vette.

KOTOR had a lot of cool characters. It's hard to pick a favourite ... for now I think I would stick with Darth Traya / Kreia.

Fleeting-Sanity did some more art :) If we had a cooking crafting skill ... we could have saved Vaylin! The power of the Force is insignificant compared to the power of homemade pie.

'Second Battle of Odessen'

One

Two

Three

Four

-

• 3 weeks later...
I said I'd do it and I did! This thread is for the people who wanted to save the dark princess, and those people who love her just as she is and want her back!

Vaylin could become a companion at the final end if you choose keep her alive. Putting in lines about flirt Vaylin from the first day after meeting her at the Eternal Empire from the start of game. Getting her to reason to the final end.

• 2 weeks later...
Let's try putting these links where I meant to!

Vaylin on gmod

From John Penm on Twitter.

There's actually quite a lot of swtor characters you can download for garry's mod if you check out the steam workshop page. It's been awhile since I've played it myself but it was always fun to do.

I think I was playing as the guy in the white armor in this game.

There's actually quite a lot of swtor characters you can download for garry's mod if you check out the steam workshop page. It's been awhile since I've played it myself but it was always fun to do.

I think I was playing as the guy in the white armor in this game.

Really need to get that thing working.

Psychos need love too. ;)

Yeah, I just wanted some options we weren't given, like not torturing the torture victim or even just showing a bit of remorse for doing so, and since they didn't give us those I'd like something a bit more with her story, that we also aren't likely to get. Or just a cardboard cutout companion, I can handle my own non-torture stories. I don't know why there are so many people who seem to take exception to that. But, oh, well.

Edited by gamephil

I honestly feel sorry for her, she suffered alot by abuse from her father, abandonment by her mother, anyone else would be just as broken as she was and i wish there was a way to fix her...even on a spiritual level, where she came to us as a ghost and thanked us and departed.....that would have made me feel so awesome.

Probably would have been a better idea to have the player control Lana for that portion of the chapter.

Considering they already completely changed our appearances and power set, probably, and then just have us come in once the mission was over. It would have also saved them having to record sixteen different character dialog sets for the PC.

Considering they already completely changed our appearances and power set, probably, and then just have us come in once the mission was over. It would have also saved them having to record sixteen different character dialog sets for the PC.

sixteen for each language, right? so 48 total could have been saved.

Who voices Vaylin in the French and German versions?

sixteen for each language, right? so 48 total could have been saved.

Who voices Vaylin in the French and German versions?

I'm embarassed to have forgotten to multiply out for languages. A quick search for Vaylin in French gives no info, and I don't have any idea.

I'm embarassed to have forgotten to multiply out for languages. A quick search for Vaylin in French gives no info, and I don't have any idea.

I'm not sure who does the French voiceover for Vaylin, Arcann, Lana etc. Did a search too and can't find anything.

Anyone know who does the German Vaylin?

Edited by fishpeople