This week's conquest

xordevoreaux

This is the second week in a row on Star Forge, where two of the top three mega guilds have invaded the same planet. Thus, it opens up a rare opportunity for a smaller guild to capture a planet.

It would be nice if conquest had at least six planets to invade each week. Competition and opportunity are good things in my opinion.

Fair would be if the big guilds left the small conquests alone. Because your are just not fair here. For big guilds, these planets should not be selectable. Then they have to make an effort. The argument that most players are never online does not count. You can sort them out. :rolleyes:

I was hoping to see "...sucks". Because this weeks Conquest SUCKS.

:( Sorry you don't like it. I was really excited for it. Took me 2 hours to complete it on one toon. I've never done that before. I may even take a 2nd or a 3rd toon through this week. That would be another 1st for me.

What does getting first place get you besides winning the planet and getting an achievement? Is there any other bonus besides that?

From my understanding that's the only benefit is an achievement. Just like there is no benefit of being in the top 10. As long as you meet the minimum yield for conquest, then you will get your weekly reward. That's why I'm also confused as to why the new guild achievements will be such a big deal.

What does getting first place get you besides winning the planet and getting an achievement? Is there any other bonus besides that?

From my understanding that's the only benefit is an achievement. Just like there is no benefit of being in the top 10. As long as you meet the minimum yield for conquest, then you will get your weekly reward. That's why I'm also confused as to why the new guild achievements will be such a big deal.

Winning the planet allows you to lower the shield on named commanders on the planet's pvp instance, so if you're after frameworks for your ship, you kill a named commander, it'll drop a framework.

:( Sorry you don't like it. I was really excited for it. Took me 2 hours to complete it on one toon. I've never done that before. I may even take a 2nd or a 3rd toon through this week. That would be another 1st for me.

Good luck with that. The lack of repeatable objectives will make that a fun endeavor for sure.

Good luck with that. The lack of repeatable objectives will make that a fun endeavor for sure.

I'm guessing you don't craft then? I just ran the numbers, and from the looks of things I'll be able to get 2 more toons through conquest this week, and it'll take me about an hour and 20 minute to 2 hours of game time, total, to do so over the next 4 days. I usually spend more than that just to get one toon done during the week. So yeah, it looks pretty good to me.

I'm guessing you don't craft then? I just ran the numbers, and from the looks of things I'll be able to get 2 more toons through conquest this week, and it'll take me about an hour and 20 minute to 2 hours of game time, total, to do so over the next 4 days. I usually spend more than that just to get one toon done during the week. So yeah, it looks pretty good to me.

You got it all figured out then - good for you. As for me, no, I do not craft...the sheer excitement of crafting things just doesn't appeal to me like it does you.

You got it all figured out then - good for you. As for me, no, I do not craft...the sheer excitement of crafting things just doesn't appeal to me like it does you.

It's more a means to an end than a matter of excitement. I will admit I enjoy it quite a bit in other games, but here it's appeal is it's ability to generate saleable items. I can pretty much buy anything I want off the GTN these days, thanks to my small army of crafters. And that is appealing, since I love decorating and playing dress up with my characters. And the plus this week is since I always have crafting supplies on hand, I've got what I need to complete conquest on multiple toons.

I'm sure you don't have to worry, though. More than likely next week we'll be back on one of what I consider the more boring conquest weeks, and you'll have what you find more enjoyable again.

It's more a means to an end than a matter of excitement. I will admit I enjoy it quite a bit in other games, but here it's appeal is it's ability to generate saleable items. I can pretty much buy anything I want off the GTN these days, thanks to my small army of crafters. And that is appealing, since I love decorating and playing dress up with my characters. And the plus this week is since I always have crafting supplies on hand, I've got what I need to complete conquest on multiple toons.

I'm sure you don't have to worry, though. More than likely next week we'll be back on one of what I consider the more boring conquest weeks, and you'll have what you find more enjoyable again.

I would really prefer you enjoy every week - a mix that appeals to both of our playstyles weekly is what I think needs to happen. Why should you be left out for 5 weeks?

I would really prefer you enjoy every week - a mix that appeals to both of our playstyles weekly is what I think needs to happen. Why should you be left out for 5 weeks?

Because, because....??? I don't know why. :( I agree that would seem to me to be a better way to do things. Try to give everyone something they enjoy doing, instead of forcing them to engage in content they would rather not do. That just doesn't seem to be the way the game operates, sadly.