new to merc best pve dps spec???

Vikingpride

"Arsenal" build all the way for mercenary. Especially for PVE.

LOL! You know Pyro is the best for PVE atm right?

I currently parse about 400 dps higher as pyro and i was mainspec Arsenal until very recently, Trust me, do yourself a favour, get the ship dummy, get the Armour Debuff and the 1 mill HP module and spec pyro, just spend a few hours getting used to the "Rotation" and heat management and you will never look back.

Arsenal is the lazy stoner spec; you can still get good numbers, but pyro is on top by FAR.

Aim Augments

Stack crit to 240-270 rating

Alacrity should only be on 2% from skill tree, no more

Power all the way after that

i have a range of 69-78 gear so FAR from BiS and i parse on average 3.1k dps that about 5:20 min for a 1mill TTK

Hope this helps, pyro takes some getting used to, but its far superior and much more mobile.

Both arsenal and pyro are very fun to use, and they're both viable in endgame PVE. You can't go wrong with either spec.

I run both depending on which spec I'm in the mood for, and what fight I'm on.

For regular questing, and dailies, arsenal is better in my opinion, more burst.

Currently in PVE, as stated above, pyro is parsing a bit higher, but it's going to come down to which tree suits your playstyle more.

I love them both.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
LOL! You know Pyro is the best for PVE atm right?

I currently parse about 400 dps higher as pyro and i was mainspec Arsenal until very recently, Trust me, do yourself a favour, get the ship dummy, get the Armour Debuff and the 1 mill HP module and spec pyro, just spend a few hours getting used to the "Rotation" and heat management and you will never look back.

Arsenal is the lazy stoner spec; you can still get good numbers, but pyro is on top by FAR.

Aim Augments

Stack crit to 240-270 rating

Alacrity should only be on 2% from skill tree, no more

Power all the way after that

i have a range of 69-78 gear so FAR from BiS and i parse on average 3.1k dps that about 5:20 min for a 1mill TTK

Hope this helps, pyro takes some getting used to, but its far superior and much more mobile.

Can I have the rotation and what your stat are?

Arsenal has the armor debuffs that is important in PvE.

If you have a Sniper, theirs is better and I don't believe they stack. If you don't have a sniper, then yes, the armor debuff probably makes up for the delta in DPS.

If you manage your rotation well, you're going to do really good DPS as Pyro. The problem is managing heat... You can't make too many mistakes in your rotation or you will end up hurting for heat. Whereas Arsenal is much easier rotation, easier heat management, and does decent damage.

If you have a Sniper, theirs is better and I don't believe they stack. If you don't have a sniper, then yes, the armor debuff probably makes up for the delta in DPS.

If you manage your rotation well, you're going to do really good DPS as Pyro. The problem is managing heat... You can't make too many mistakes in your rotation or you will end up hurting for heat. Whereas Arsenal is much easier rotation, easier heat management, and does decent damage.

Arsenal's armor debuff is better because it's part of their natural rotation. Sniper has to fit it in outside their normal rotation. Not that it's a big deal, because the loss to sniper dps is lower than the loss going from Pyro to Arsenal on most fights.

I actually have a much easier time managing heat in Pyro. Usually on the 1.5mil dummy I have to use rapid shots 10-15 times in Pryo. I've not parsed in Arsenal for quite a while, but I know I was using it a lot more than that.

Can I have the rotation and what your stat are?

The "rotation" is pretty simple and centers around the PPA proc.

Opener: TD->EN->(adrenal+relic)->IM->RS->PS->PS(if PPA didn't poc)->RS->TSO+FM->PS->PS->RS

After that you're basically cycling through(in order of priority):

RS->TD->PS->PS->RS

if IM expiring: RS->IM->PS->PS->RS

RS->UL->PS->RS

In the above windows, the last RS in one chain is the first in the next. So after the opener above you should do:

TD->PS->PS->RS->IM->PS->PS->RS->UL->PS->RS

If your heat is still at 30 or more after your RS then use a Rapid Shot if Vent Heat isn't up or close to up. Then push everything else in the window back:

RS->Rapid Shot->TD->PS->(PS if PPA didn't proc)->RS

I generally use Vent Heat right around 60-65 heat.

Always wait for TSO to use FM cuz it's expensive. I'll generally use FM and EN in place of the UL window. With the way cooldowns work every third window is where you can play with FM, EN and UL. The other two are for TD and refreshing IM.

Arsenal's armor debuff is better because it's part of their natural rotation. Sniper has to fit it in outside their normal rotation. Not that it's a big deal, because the loss to sniper dps is lower than the loss going from Pyro to Arsenal on most fights.

I actually have a much easier time managing heat in Pyro. Usually on the 1.5mil dummy I have to use rapid shots 10-15 times in Pryo. I've not parsed in Arsenal for quite a while, but I know I was using it a lot more than that.

Like I said, the Pyro heat management isn't an issue if you can maintain good heat awareness and don't screw up your rotation... But when you make mistakes as Pyro I feel like the heat cost is way higher. As pyro, if you get stuck and can't proc Railshot then you can't vent heat and you'll end up loosing DPS fast. Arsenal has a passive boost to heat dissipation from the cylinder, which is huge over a long fight, and if you get into heat problems in between the CD of Vent, you will come out of it much faster as Arsenal.

Like I said, the Pyro heat management isn't an issue if you can maintain good heat awareness and don't screw up your rotation... But when you make mistakes as Pyro I feel like the heat cost is way higher. As pyro, if you get stuck and can't proc Railshot then you can't vent heat and you'll end up loosing DPS fast. Arsenal has a passive boost to heat dissipation from the cylinder, which is huge over a long fight, and if you get into heat problems in between the CD of Vent, you will come out of it much faster as Arsenal.

Fair enough, I can agree with that.

You shouldn't get into the heat problems as easily...but, yeah, if/when you do it's easier to get out in Arsenel.