Any celebrities play this game?

Uelle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if they did, most would probably not advertize it. can you imagine if people start hounding you, trying to figure out which server you play on, what factio, what character. paparazzi in rl are bad enough.

I do know that Henry Carvil plays Dragon age, so who knows....

Authors Jim Butcher and Mercedes Lackey both played City of Heroes, so I'm sure there are several celebrities that will be playing SWTOR (it's Star Wars after all!), but yeah - I doubt they'll ever come forward.

Maybe someone in the NCIS cast plays it, since they joked about McGee playing SWTOR at some point on the show (the episode with the MMO developers that were being killed).

Edited by Rhevar

as someone else said if they did they'd not ever talk about it.

Hypothetical situation. if say... Patrick stewart played SW:TOR. if he posted here "yeah I play SW:TOR, my character is named "bob" and I play on ebon falcon.

He'd be getting a LOT of tells. and proably constant harassment

Authors Jim Butcher and Mercedes Lackey both played City of Heroes, so I'm sure there are several celebrities that will be playing SWTOR (it's Star Wars after all!), but yeah - I doubt they'll ever come forward.

Maybe someone in the NCIS cast plays it, since they joked about McGee playing SWTOR at some point on the show (the episode with the MMO developers that were being killed).

not only did Mercedes Lackey play City of heroes, but she also got them to let her write one of the modules AND was one of the staunchest fighters against the game's shutdown. as if I needed any more reasons to adore her :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Rajesh Koothrappali play SWTOR... along with Bernadette Rostenkowski.

Those are surely more celebreties to me than the lame Mr.T and Chucky Norris :p

Edited by JPryde

In my religion that I just created, I am god. My first action is to declare myself a celebrity! You may now worship me. :D

Damn...

In my religion, which I created a week ago, you are the personification of Evil and acknowledgement of your existence leads to eternal damnation.

I can't accept you as a celebrity :(

Edited by TheNahash

Damn...

In my religion, which I created a week ago, you are the personification of Evil and acknowledgement of your existence leads to eternal damnation.

I can't accept you as a celebrity :(

Dang! You figured it out last week? Shucks I thought I could last longer than that.

and then I ask myself the question... why does it even matter, only to answer it to myself - we're so celebrity obsessed that endorsement from one does more to get us interested on sheer principle of "I'm experiencing the same thing as someone famous" as if it makes you famous by association or something, then being interested in something for its own sakes because we, ourselves like it for what it is.

Blizzard folks are smart. that's why they used all of those celebrities in commercials even though, I have a feeling most of them don't even play WoW, they just got paid to do a commercial

as someone else said if they did they'd not ever talk about it.

Hypothetical situation. if say... Patrick stewart played SW:TOR. if he posted here "yeah I play SW:TOR, my character is named "bob" and I play on ebon falcon.

He'd be getting a LOT of tells. and proably constant harassment

If Patrik Stewart did play Swtor, then his character would probably be a smuggler whose name is Picard and has the "Captain" title applied to his character name. I haven't seen any guy walking around with that name on the Bastion server yet lol. I wonder if Brent Spiner plays SWTOR lol?

Hah, this thread made me hit Google for celebrities that game; and apparently a lot of them like WoW - including Janina Gavankar, who does seem like one of the actual gaming celebrities if you look at her twitter and various interviews. :D

She mentioned in the interview with MOG Nation that she's looking to play more video game characters AND she tweeted:

"Janina Gavankar ‏@Janina 1 december

I WON THE LEGO STAR WARS DEATH STAR II ON EBAYYYYYY"

So obviously she's a Star Wars fan - what are you waiting for Bioware? :p

Voice actress for the next female companion found!

Edited by Callaron