Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Swtor put on a backburner


Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
11.19.2019 , 07:48 AM | #21
Funny thread. We had this same discussion before Anthem launched and the devs trickled out content. Now the devs finally release an expansion almost the size of SoR not even a month ago. Yet somehow we’re back to Anthem lol. Honestly Yil, don’t waste your breath. Apparently, OP thinks we were supposed to get another expansion next month. 😂

Here’s what I hope/expect in 2020:
1. Patches and fixes to all the Onslaught content in early spring/ late winter. NiM Dxun, maybe some very minor content.
2. In the Spring some sort of minor content update.. maybe a story chapter with daily area, plus a new tier of augments or something..
3. Summer - another story chapter plus a world boss and a pvp map. Plus a new tier of gear.
4. Fall - an Ossus sized update. More augments/gear.
5. Early winter - expansion
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Collec's Avatar


Collec
11.19.2019 , 07:49 AM | #22
And Jedi Fallen Order is a joke in my opinion. Poor clone of Uncharted and Prince of Perisa games. Cere is tottaly useless. I watched game through YouTUbe walkthorughs. Only good thing about it is,that it's focused on story., but even that is lacking logic. Greez is cool,but he and Cere are just props.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
11.19.2019 , 07:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
The guy makes a good point, why stay and pay for the game, that doesn't make any new content? Because of fanboyism? Even that has it's limits.
Well, that's where you are wrong. That's what fanboys do, they support something no matter how bad it is, meaning there's truly no limit to "fanboyism."

Fanboys tend to defend this game zealously with zero reason, taking every perceived slight of the game personally as if you attacked their own living mother. That's what fanboys do.

I do agree with Spoloma on the future of the game, though.

The game will continue as it has for years, netting zero real focus from BW because it soaks up just enough real money for them to pump out other awful games to try to milk more money from ignorant players and/or BW fanboys.

I remember when a player even created a thread on the forums begging BW to show some resources to SWTOR instead of pouring all their funds into Anthem. SWTOR deserves better, and so do all the players who have supported it over the years.

I even supported that thread with it in my link until it became clear nothing was going to change BW's greed or their affinity for neglecting SWTOR while it flounders in mediocrity and downright bad game design changes all while resources are dumped into dead-end projects like Anthem.

Just enjoy the ride, if you like SWTOR regardless of how they treat it, don't let news come out to sway you away from this game. I will say that. If it's good enough now, then it will be good enough 2 years from now unless you grow bored due to a lack of content (which is possible.)
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.19.2019 , 08:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
You are already wrong in your statement that the OP is not urging anyone else to unsub. That alone is already telling there are flaws in your posts.
Got me there, but that alone tells there is ONE flaw in my post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
The MMO is not as big as WoW or ESO, if the same revenue numbers were released if SWTOR had millions of players, then yes, I would have agreed with you. But where WoW and ESO have millions each, this game has what, 300.000 or so?
SWTOR had all the chances to compete and surpass WOW, but it was wasted, in a similar manner, as in Anthem. It had an identity or rather genre crisis, where is was labeled as mmo rpg, but it, in fact, was story rpg set in mmo environment. It’s launch was actually quite successful, much better then ESO on pc. However, devs later on stated, that there will be no more class stories and actual mmo content was still month away, so after first 3 month, huge chunk of players left. Only launch of ROTHC managed to bring some of them back. Revenue for 2013 is higher then ESO launch in 2014, so it was doing quite well.
SOR had lower numbers, which can very well be attributed to buggy launch, mediocre story, broken scaling, new utility system…Yet, still it was 100 mil+. Had they not went full retard with KOTFE/KOTET, they would have had higher revenue for sure.
But, it’s not what happened. Both “expansions” saw massive player exodus, so remainers hoped for Legion-like expansion, but we got joke of a DLC. It’s barely worth 1 month sub, if anything.
In the end, it’s not our fault, that swtor fares poorly, it’s EA and BWA who don’t want to invest anything into SWTOR again. And latest news on Anthem only proves that. Just think about it, they want to invest AGAIN into the game, that totally flopped. And not a small investment. They want to completely overhaul the game. May be it’s me, but it kinda shows their priorities.

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.19.2019 , 09:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Funny thread. We had this same discussion before Anthem launched and the devs trickled out content. Now the devs finally release an expansion almost the size of SoR not even a month ago. Yet somehow we’re back to Anthem lol. Honestly Yil, don’t waste your breath. Apparently, OP thinks we were supposed to get another expansion next month. 😂

Here’s what I hope/expect in 2020:
1. Patches and fixes to all the Onslaught content in early spring/ late winter. NiM Dxun, maybe some very minor content.
2. In the Spring some sort of minor content update.. maybe a story chapter with daily area, plus a new tier of augments or something..
3. Summer - another story chapter plus a world boss and a pvp map. Plus a new tier of gear.
4. Fall - an Ossus sized update. More augments/gear.
5. Early winter - expansion
Excuse me, but are we speaking of Onslaught dlc? Even Oricon dlc has more content, then this "expansion".
Dont remember correctly, but SOR launched with 2 fps, 2 raids and 4-5 hour story. That's not even half of what we got with onslaught.
Besides, if what you say is true, i will be the first on forums, creating thread praising the progress, but it's highly unlikely. If it was planed out this way, we'd get roadmap, rather then promises of "something" around February.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
11.19.2019 , 10:58 AM | #26
quick, hide your pets, protect your companions, safeguard your possessions! The end is nigh, the end is near. The apocalypse. The end. It is upon us! Save yourselves!
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Collec's Avatar


Collec
11.19.2019 , 11:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Got me there, but that alone tells there is ONE flaw in my post.


SWTOR had all the chances to compete and surpass WOW, but it was wasted, in a similar manner, as in Anthem. It had an identity or rather genre crisis, where is was labeled as mmo rpg, but it, in fact, was story rpg set in mmo environment. It’s launch was actually quite successful, much better then ESO on pc. However, devs later on stated, that there will be no more class stories and actual mmo content was still month away, so after first 3 month, huge chunk of players left. Only launch of ROTHC managed to bring some of them back. Revenue for 2013 is higher then ESO launch in 2014, so it was doing quite well.
SOR had lower numbers, which can very well be attributed to buggy launch, mediocre story, broken scaling, new utility system…Yet, still it was 100 mil+. Had they not went full retard with KOTFE/KOTET, they would have had higher revenue for sure.
But, it’s not what happened. Both “expansions” saw massive player exodus, so remainers hoped for Legion-like expansion, but we got joke of a DLC. It’s barely worth 1 month sub, if anything.
In the end, it’s not our fault, that swtor fares poorly, it’s EA and BWA who don’t want to invest anything into SWTOR again. And latest news on Anthem only proves that. Just think about it, they want to invest AGAIN into the game, that totally flopped. And not a small investment. They want to completely overhaul the game. May be it’s me, but it kinda shows their priorities.
Exactly. Personally I loved concept of KOTFE and KOTET story,but they didn't give a f*ck, when everyone told them we didn't want GC. Story started out great,but had trash ending. I really thought 4.0 was the highlight of this games span so far.

WE AS SUBBERS or whoever buys something from Cartel Market SAY WE SUPPORT THIS GAME .But I am not giving them money,so they work on their other projects,while yet again ignoring this game. And this is what it is happening.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Qouivandes's Avatar


Qouivandes
11.19.2019 , 11:41 AM | #28
I think it took longer to get through the ending credits than it took to get through the story...and i spaced it out over a couple of days. However, it was enjoyable.
*˜˜.°*˜˜*°.˜* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *˜.°*˜˜*°.˜˜*
°*˜.°*˜˜.°*˜ Ebon Hawk ˜*°. ˜˜*°.˜*°
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.19.2019 , 12:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
It all became clear. With news coming out, that Anthem is getting "overhaul", it became crystal clear to me, that SWTOR is ONCE AGAIN being put on hold. JUST LOOK AT 6.0 !!!!! WHAT EXPANSION HAS LAUNCHED WITH SO LITTLE CONTENT !?!?!?!?

I get it...main thing is tacticals and gear. TOO LITTLE....WAAAY TOO LATE !!!

They gonna once again milk this on loyal fanbase, because it has STAR WARS ip.

And I don't know,what it has now...but Anthem is just gonna turn into f2p clone of SWTOR. And no that is not a good thing. Maybe it is for idiots...I don't care, I never played Anthem. I just want devs to focus on this fking game !!!

Unsub and send them message.
That's a load of crap. Anthem isn't in the way of SWTOR. It was before because they screwed up Anthem so badly they needed help from everyone but SWTOR wouldn't get more support even if Anthem didn't exist. Just take off your tin foil hat please.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
11.19.2019 , 12:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
SWTOR had all the chances to compete and surpass WOW, but it was wasted, in a similar manner, as in Anthem.
It never had a chance with EA. And even if it did, the window closed after 3 years when the alpha hero engine became dated.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Excuse me, but are we speaking of Onslaught dlc? Even Oricon dlc has more content, then this "expansion".
Dont remember correctly, but SOR launched with 2 fps, 2 raids and 4-5 hour story. That's not even half of what we got with onslaught.
Besides, if what you say is true, i will be the first on forums, creating thread praising the progress, but it's highly unlikely. If it was planed out this way, we'd get roadmap, rather then promises of "something" around February.
Let's see...

There were 2 flashpoints for SoR. Onslaught has one.

There were 2 raids in ToS, but only SM -- and followed later by HM. Onslaught launched with Dxun SM and HM, and NiM is in the works.

Story 4-5 hours for SoR? It takes maybe 45 mins to run through it. I think you need to take off your rose-tinted glasses. SoR story was linear with only very slight variation between factions (plus a teeny tiny class mission), whereas Onslaught has a lot variance depending on your choices from KOTET, Iokath, Ossus vs faction vs saboteur.

So, like I said.... "almost" the size of SoR. I think my statement holds true.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?