Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark vs. Light Event?

GreyArchivist
11.18.2019 , 07:45 PM | #1
I just came back after about 4 years or so, I think- and when I last played, there was an event going on that was insanely fun imo. Dark vs. Light. Where you would make a new character, and reach certain milestones on them during the event to earn rewards. Has that been done again since? And will it be done again in the future? I really really loved that event, I'd love to see it come back.

Suzsi
11.18.2019 , 08:18 PM | #2
It hasn't and won't be.
When they merged the servers many went over the character cap for their server and can't make new characters without purchasing a LOT of char slots.

EG. Beregin Colony and Harbinger merged, I had a char cap of roughly 40 toons per server but had 40 on each. Those 80 characters on the 2 servers merged together. Now I have 80/40 on Satele Shan and would have to purchase 41 slots just to create one new toon.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

srtyab
11.18.2019 , 08:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
It hasn't and won't be.
When they merged the servers many went over the character cap for their server and can't make new characters without purchasing a LOT of char slots.

EG. Beregin Colony and Harbinger merged, I had a char cap of roughly 40 toons per server but had 40 on each. Those 80 characters on the 2 servers merged together. Now I have 80/40 on Satele Shan and would have to purchase 41 slots just to create one new toon.
Firstly, you're saying because YOU, have this issue, we should all not enjoy the event? lots of people are nowhere near the character cap, and don't have this issue.

Secondly, I'm sure they could provide people with a free character slot for the event if they decided to bring it back, and a large portion of the swotr population could not participate for this reason.

Thirdly, there are ways around any problem. Making a blanket statement assuming, that, well, cause some people have an insane number of characters, we can't have an event many of us loved. this is ridiculous.

Fourthly, if some people can't participate, um tough?

GreyArchivist
11.18.2019 , 09:02 PM | #4
I personally have very fond memories of that event, and remember everyone really have a great time during it.

I think it would be nice to bring it back!

MadDutchman
11.18.2019 , 10:17 PM | #5
I very much agree this needs to make a return.

Perhaps it would be good to add a max level activity to it though for those who do have too many characters.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Suzsi
11.19.2019 , 02:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by srtyab View Post
Firstly, you're saying because YOU, have this issue, we should all not enjoy the event? lots of people are nowhere near the character cap, and don't have this issue.

Secondly, I'm sure they could provide people with a free character slot for the event if they decided to bring it back, and a large portion of the swotr population could not participate for this reason.

Thirdly, there are ways around any problem. Making a blanket statement assuming, that, well, cause some people have an insane number of characters, we can't have an event many of us loved. this is ridiculous.

Fourthly, if some people can't participate, um tough?
A lot of people are in the same position and also its 2 char slots needed at least (one pub, one imp).

They'd have to give me 43 char slots for 2 to stick and others much more than that. (Some had 100 per server).

They won't purposely run an event people can't participate in.

I also very much enjoyed the event and did it on 2 servers but mergers messed up character slots badly. They never rectified this. I'd love to buy more but im not gunna spend over 25k CC in one hit just to get another slot or 2 :/ that's crazy expensive.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 02:13 AM | #7
I only did a little bit of the event and got Boxes....with alot of duplicate lol (3 kreia robes!!!) . But it beat the others events at least .

You can buy character slot with credits from the GTN .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

ImmortalLowlife
11.19.2019 , 02:30 AM | #8
I really enjoyed the event, but I too am also maxed out on character slots. If they brought it back, and included content we could do with our current characters, that'd be awesome.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Goreshaga
11.19.2019 , 02:47 AM | #9
I also really enjoyed the event, but as others, i'm maxed out on characters and can't really delete them, so if they bring the event back, i think it'd have to be feasible with our already existing characters and not have to create new ones for this.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

DarkTergon
11.19.2019 , 03:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post

You can buy character slot with credits from the GTN .

Slots are about 20 million each at the moment (on starforge), and that's cheap, they can go up to 40 when they are limited. The recent sale filled the market, but they never really went below 20 mill, or when they did, they were snapped up quickly.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ