Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

nyrkverse
11.16.2019 , 05:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDRC View Post
That makes absolutely no sense - you state you cant do the harder modes - i presume because they're harder? so therefore you want the story mode (the easy version) to be more difficult - and then finish with the reason because the hard modes are hard are because of the people who want story mode to be easier...
he can't do harder modes because no such things exists for class stories. the difficulty toggle affects kotet and kotfe only.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

DreadtechSavant
11.16.2019 , 05:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
What kind of ppl would want to mess up with STORY MODE, which was MEANT to let everyone be able to solo and enjoy?

These ppl don't build their fun upon the game, they built it upon other's pain and "better than you", which is nothing but harmful garbage to any kind of player community.
I do agree, comps were overpowered a little but the players complaining could do a lot to change that from removing gear to putting comps on tank or dps. As per usual they just ***** and complain instead of just using a little common sense and just change there own characters to the level they want. Then add gear back when needed. There's not much players can do the other way round, if they are struggling. Now if comps were down powered just a little it probably would not be an issue to anyone, which it is now, even if only for a few players. As per usual BW go from one extreme to another. seems BW are totally incapable of learning from pass errors as BW changed healing before only to change it back a few weeks later.

DreadtechSavant
11.16.2019 , 05:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
he can't do harder modes because no such things exists for class stories. the difficulty toggle affects kotet and kotfe only.
He can however change he's gear accordingly but choices not to, so instead ruins someone else's game play.

BelorfinSiana
11.16.2019 , 05:56 PM | #24
Speaking of "play your way", can we talk about how they butchered Flame Thrower & Pulse Cannon? Losing Master Strike was bad enough, but this?
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin Raster; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); Lucîan

Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 06:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Still your opinion, not a fact at all. If SM was designed for being easy as you say then Master and Blaster would be much easier in Story Mode for example.
M&B should have been easier, sure.

SM is designed for ppl to go through, that's why other modes exist.

Quote:
I can't play the character class stories in HM/NiM and BioWare has stopped rewarding harder content as it is.

That's because of people like you. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't.
You can, take off the gear and dismiss the companion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 06:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You want to take other people's fun away so you have no right to speak. You focus on the point that I want certain things that take your fun away in your view, but you don't give a single damn about taking fun away from other people. So if I'm elitist then so are you, just from the other side of the issue.
I don't, you have the option to do so.

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 06:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
I do agree, comps were overpowered a little but the players complaining could do a lot to change that from removing gear to putting comps on tank or dps. As per usual they just ***** and complain instead of just using a little common sense and just change there own characters to the level they want. Then add gear back when needed. There's not much players can do the other way round, if they are struggling. Now if comps were down powered just a little it probably would not be an issue to anyone, which it is now, even if only for a few players. As per usual BW go from one extreme to another. seems BW are totally incapable of learning from pass errors as BW changed healing before only to change it back a few weeks later.
Also, I'm not a player who has no idea of what my class is. I've been through all of them in the vanilla era, beat LI HM, went through most of the HM ops as well. But the new fp's bonus boss in SM is just way too hard as a SM challenge. I used all my skills and CDs it's not working well. It seems to be bugged, too.

My Referral Code.

Tashia
11.16.2019 , 06:36 PM | #28
"squeaky wheel gets the grease "
the ones who complain the most, get what they want -- same in all games everywhere
( ps -- I never complained, but I "only do the story content" -- so MY voice never counts anyway, I just let known my displeasure by unsubbing )
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 06:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
Actually he can, just set the companion to passive mode and take of the gears.

I've been through all the class stories in vanilla, which was way difficult than now, I still don't think it should have been the way for everyone.

My Referral Code.

_NovaBlast_
11.16.2019 , 06:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Um sorry to bother you but I saw you say this in another thread too, and by now my curiosity just has to be assuaged...

Kira is a knight companion. Knights have no healing spec. I am confused by how you "healed" Kira.
My main is also a Jedi Guardian Defence Tank so Guard and then Tank to reduce her incoming damage
med packs , heroic moment and the out of combat self heal between fights .
<3 Kira is back <3 YAY !!! ...for 2 min.... and then ..no interaction
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.
UNSUBBED https://ibb.co/sVsmNyp