Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it getting harder to complete conquests?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it getting harder to complete conquests?

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
11.19.2019 , 12:33 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
Well bull to you too, well on this subject anyway. A lot will depend on how many active players are in the guild, what you do in game, how many hours you have to spend on the game, and more to the point if you want to spend your entire game time just doing conquests. Yes it reachable some weeks but not many for small guilds. It will make a difference if you do groups as you can get those high conquest points which normally are on Operations or such.

So far I have managed to reach the 500k just once since the change and I spend a lot of time playing. This week I got just under 300k. Last week I got just under 600k. So yes it is very variable from week to week. Also now running out of craft mats so that's not going to help next time that crafting is a large part of conquests.
I was referring to Trixxie's post.
I never said it was easy, just bull on her saying it's impossible.
But to answer your one point, aside from random numbers contributed by some leveling players (meaning not a lot) the only ones who capped toons is the co-gm & I.
As stated we are a small guild. Working on growing.

We work to get cap so we can level the ships & guilds. Is it fun to constantly worry about conquest, no. But at the same time, it does give us something to work towards. As everything is already old & stale. (Onderon & Mek-Sha story wise are already done for me. Did it once completely Pub side & halfway through Imp. The rest just do it to level & once level get out of there.)

Increasing the guild cap while decreasing/nerfing/removing some stuff was not cool on BW's part.
Like this week Dantooine used to be an easy cap. So with the new goals, it wouldn't be as bad a grind but yet again BW screws it's players over. Dantooine, Taris & Balmorra heroics have been removed along w Galactic Rampage. So yeah, in fact looking at this weeks conquest, it's a freaking joke. *sighs*
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
11.19.2019 , 12:38 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
I was referring to Trixxie's post.
I never said it was easy, just bull on her saying it's impossible.
But to answer your one point, aside from random numbers contributed by some leveling players (meaning not a lot) the only ones who capped toons is the co-gm & I.
As stated we are a small guild. Working on growing.

We work to get cap so we can level the ships & guilds. Is it fun to constantly worry about conquest, no. But at the same time, it does give us something to work towards. As everything is already old & stale. (Onderon & Mek-Sha story wise are already done for me. Did it once completely Pub side & halfway through Imp. The rest just do it to level & once level get out of there.)

Increasing the guild cap while decreasing/nerfing/removing some stuff was not cool on BW's part.
Like this week Dantooine used to be an easy cap. So with the new goals, it wouldn't be as bad a grind but yet again BW screws it's players over. Dantooine, Taris & Balmorra heroics have been removed along w Galactic Rampage. So yeah, in fact looking at this weeks conquest, it's a freaking joke. *sighs*
Don't forget they also removed doing the Dantooine Dailies as well, and I believe they had win 1 PvP match a day which isn't on the list this week either.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
11.19.2019 , 12:56 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Don't forget they also removed doing the Dantooine Dailies as well, and I believe they had win 1 PvP match a day which isn't on the list this week either.
Yeah mentioned that. Just not the PvP one.
To use the over used term here, "just a slap in the face" to all who do conquest, especially for their ship expandings.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

MacCleoud's Avatar


MacCleoud
11.19.2019 , 01:36 PM | #54
16 hours of playtime. That is how long it takes for me to hit 500K. ME. Just Me. However, I play by myself most of the time so I am running a lot of solo FP's. I do occasionally run some GF FP's, or solo some of the Vet FP's just to get the extra crates, but for the most part..... I don't do objectives unless it is a specific FP and it can be run solo. Last week, I ran Battle of Ilum once everyday.

The sticking point here is going to be what a "small guild" is. My guild is well.... me... so the 16 hours it takes me to get to 500K was pretty much my entire playtime for the week. But.... that is what I enjoy doing so it is great for me. If you are only two people and you only play 8 hours a week each, it will be the entire playtime for both people.

Where is the transition from a "personal guild" to a "small guild"?
Is there a number EA has for that? If so, what is it?
Mileage may vary on the 27K CP/Hr that I run most of the time. Some get more, some get less.

As a counterpoint, don't think that your personal guild should be treated special because it is just you, or you and your significant other. There IS a point at which you are in a guild of your own because of your own choice to play that way. You can argue with me all you want on that point.....It shouldn't mean I have to group, blah blah blah.... I have a guild with me and 2 friends that SOMETIMES play. I made that decision because I got tired of the drama in other guilds. I don't expect to be able to reach the guild goal every week. Before they put CP for everything.... I RARELY made the guild goal at all. CP for everything made it too easy.....in my opinion.

SmorgishBorg's Avatar


SmorgishBorg
11.19.2019 , 01:43 PM | #55
This weeks broken goals for the thread here is pretty reasonable statement that it is getting harder, and we want this week fixed and also many things they can do for they system, more worldbosses, How about more kill Elite goals like the Oricon Harbinger on the bridge, Complexity point increases sm/hm/nim for goals on fps/chapters/operations. PvP death goals... we all are punching bags.. nothings limiting there creativity on these... But gosh darn ripping out goals that make a event fun like Dantooine.... this dude doesnt abide... BROKEN!! So for this thread.... Yes indeed harder this week in 6.0 vs the last 4 events.... can you belive they broke it the 5th time it ran LOL. DO BETTER!

Goemoe's Avatar


Goemoe
11.19.2019 , 01:45 PM | #56
So you do 31500 conquest points in one hour! each hour! and that for 16 hours in a row! Hardly something one can assume from the average player. I have never ever generated even close to that. Not even in a group doing heroics. I can't even say, if I believe you. It doesn't matter anyway.

Even if I could do such amount of points an hour... I don't like to "work" points. But as you say, you enjoy grinding points, so good for you. Not anything valid for me an my friends.

MacCleoud's Avatar


MacCleoud
11.19.2019 , 02:03 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Goemoe View Post
So you do 31500 conquest points in one hour! each hour! and that for 16 hours in a row! Hardly something one can assume from the average player. I have never ever generated even close to that. Not even in a group doing heroics. I can't even say, if I believe you. It doesn't matter anyway.

Even if I could do such amount of points an hour... I don't like to "work" points. But as you say, you enjoy grinding points, so good for you. Not anything valid for me an my friends.
I do ~27K an hour. Guild gets more CP's than individuals. I hit 468K with my toons added together, but the guild got 512K.

Do you have 150% Stronghold bonus? What is your Guild XP Bonus? Mine is only 10% XP bonus because...well... I have gotten my guild all the way up to level 6!!

Solo FP's are between 4-11K a piece. Depths of Manaan is ~8700 and I can complete it in 12 minutes. It is the best CP/Minute I have found out of anything soloable. I run all the solo FP's. I run CZ/Ziost on my characters, I run Balmorra/Corellia on my Stealthers. That is what I do. If I really push, I can run upwards of 40K an hour.

Edit: Guild Perks are important as well. Conquerer is a 10% increase in CPs. I will be dropping that in this week as well.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.19.2019 , 07:36 PM | #58
What’s really sad is the winner of the small yield planet last week on Star Forge got more points than either the large or medium yield planets 62,000,000+ points, and I think the large yield was 48,000,000

Of course, it was the same guild who one small, medium and large because they are so big the guild is split into 3 sister guilds.
Bioware could fix this by just increasing the size of the guild numbers.

Also, these sorts of guilds that are more than capable of hitting the highest target, skew Bioware’s internal data on how many people are making the small targets and personal targets in the small yield.
It’s not fair that guilds like this can eve participate in the small or even medium yield planets and there needs to be a better system.

Which brings me back to my earlier thread points. The changes to conquest have been to accomodate large guilds and small guilds or solo players be damned

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
11.19.2019 , 07:50 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
I do ~27K an hour. Guild gets more CP's than individuals. I hit 468K with my toons added together, but the guild got 512K.

Do you have 150% Stronghold bonus? What is your Guild XP Bonus? Mine is only 10% XP bonus because...well... I have gotten my guild all the way up to level 6!!

Solo FP's are between 4-11K a piece. Depths of Manaan is ~8700 and I can complete it in 12 minutes. It is the best CP/Minute I have found out of anything soloable. I run all the solo FP's. I run CZ/Ziost on my characters, I run Balmorra/Corellia on my Stealthers. That is what I do. If I really push, I can run upwards of 40K an hour.

Edit: Guild Perks are important as well. Conquerer is a 10% increase in CPs. I will be dropping that in this week as well.
So basically you are locked into a tread mill every week to do exactly the same thing on ever toon. That is not enjoyable for us. And not how it was before the expansion.

We liked the different rampages, which seem to be mostly removed now. We liked the galactic rampage, which let us play any content to complete it. Which has 100% been removed.

My wife doesn’t like doing solo flash points, we prefer to group and do vet or master mode, which do not give you the same amount of points unless those flash points are specific for conquest. Even then, they aren’t all doable because this past week you also had to the bonus boss and they were only on master mode, so that ruled it out for us.

CZ-198 doesn’t give you as many points if you are lvl 75 as it does if you are a lowbie character. All of our conquest characters have always been max lvl.

Which brings me to another point. If you try to do conquest on only lvl 75 characters, you are gimped from the start because you get less points for XP kills,

Overall, conquest IS harder for the average player.
Not everyone wants or can play 16 hours a week to get their small guild to conquest lvl.
Not everyone has maximum boost from all the strong holds and not every small guild is high enough to get the bonus.

This also makes my point for me. The bigger the guild and the higher the boosts, the easier it is. That is kind of my point. Small guilds get shafted and large guilds keep getting it easier and easier each week

The whole system is designed cater to big guilds and the small guilds be damned,

We didn’t care our rewards weren’t as big and we didn’t expect them to be. But we had fun getting them. Why couldn’t they have just left the small yield alone and made is harder for large guilds.

Now it seems they e nerfed the Dantooine one, so there is no point in us ever going there again. We both have max reputation at Dantooine and have completed it many times since May for conquest. Now we have zero incentive to ever go there again.

It’s just another kick in the teeth for us and more playable content removed we used to do. Adios Bioware and swtor. As soon as our prepaids have run out, we are gone for good this time.

red_onion's Avatar


red_onion
11.19.2019 , 08:01 PM | #60
No argument that things are harder for small guilds.. it's harder for large guilds too.
Have you gone after the Ossus bosses since 6.0 launched? It's one of the objectives this week. We (eventually) beat the tin can and it was as boring as it could possibly be, just wasted time in my opinion. I dropped from the group before we went after the bugs because I already burned through the credits I had on me for armor repairs on the first boss. I will NOT be doing the Ossus bosses again; it's not worth it.

Nothing is worth it, for me. I used to love doing conquest and the rampages. I enjoyed heroics when I didn't need to team up half the time. The rewards for weeklies? Not worth it either. My biggest frustration is that I used one of those Amazon 90 day subscription cards so I'm stuck wasting my money for the next six weeks. I think complaining on the forums might be the only way I get my money's worth until then. At least the new droid pet is cool, that's about the only thing I'm happy about right now.