Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skip Planet Stories?

ApollosNight
11.19.2019 , 10:13 AM | #1
So I'm (finally) rolling a new class as I'm burning out on my LS Inquisitor Main. I'm finding the SW class extremely engaging and a nice change of pace. My question is if I can afford to skip the planet quests and side quests and just to the class story quests. I've done everything else a thousand times and seen how it all plays out so the idea of doing it again is just XD

SteveTheCynic
11.19.2019 , 10:19 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ApollosNight View Post
So I'm (finally) rolling a new class as I'm burning out on my LS Inquisitor Main. I'm finding the SW class extremely engaging and a nice change of pace. My question is if I can afford to skip the planet quests and side quests and just to the class story quests. I've done everything else a thousand times and seen how it all plays out so the idea of doing it again is just XD
In theory, you should be able to keep up with the intended level (according to the planet) by doing just the class stories and the <Story Arc> planetary stories. (Long and long ago, in the lead-up to 4.0, they said that this was the intended design.)

In reality, you'll probably manage it with just the class story so long as you religiously use the provided XP boosters (for free in mission rewards) and supplement it at need with a sprinkling of H2 missions and/or [STORY] flashpoints.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Oreget
11.19.2019 , 10:50 AM | #3
But those arc stories are so much fun.Blow up stuff on Balmorra,fave fun with criminals on Nar Shadaa,
trolling nobles on Alderaan......

xvisionary
11.19.2019 , 10:56 AM | #4
What i do, because i've doen most planets way too many times, is just do the Class Quests, and then do Heroics from the previous planet i was on. So, say i was on Nar Shadda, i would do the heroics from whatever planet i was on before Nar Shadda. Keeps gear and levels pretty up to date, and the heroics arnt that hard to solo with a healing companion. I suggest the previous planet because it should be easier to solo the heroics than the current level bracket planet you are on.

SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 11:28 AM | #5
I personally do the planets I like . For exemple, I always skip Ilum, Hoth, Voss planet story. Cose they are boooring.

But I will never skip Belsavis, cose the Jinchuuriki are there !!! (the dread Lord!!!) . I love to skip Coruscant though but my sado side always whine and do it anyway T.T

I don't skip Balmorra cose I love Balmorra (On repb side its fun too) .

I hate corellia but I do the damn story on only my Sorc, cose you get asked to make a speech and get alot of DS choices, and I love that speech ''Its all ABOUT ME! AND ME AND ME! DID I MENTION ME?'' and that Darth Ugly face is eyeballing you like..what was that ? XD pricless !

(may give you reason to do them ? lol)
Korriban (your home world) , Hutta (Nothing to write home about but it beat ord Mantell)

Dromun kaas (The Temple is nice)

Balmorra (Ok on Repb starting in Bug Town clearly whoever decided that , just hate the Repb and wanted them to know lol but on Repb you do get to fight Darth Lachrys and on Imp you get to help her)

Nar Shaddaa (save for the revan Quest which I hate anyway, I do like the heroic mostly. The story is kinda boring. Its actually more fun on the Repb side . It look different)

Tattoine (Sand and more Sand . Anyone else sweating? Tattoine has the Zerka Corp quest on Repb, and on Imp. I find the planet sucky, the heroics Boring (they are less boring on Repb) but no regret if you wanna skip it lol)

Alderaan (Your personal story become alot of fun on Alderaan, but other then that I HATE THIS PLANET)

Taris (For Imp, is FUN . Cose its dark, cose you get crazy Thana Vesh, cose you can do alot of bug stomping).

Taris on Repb is boring . But the heroic are nice.

Quesh (Its short on both side, and I like it more on Repb side . On Imp you get to kill a few Hutt, someone gonna get fat eating that stuff lol)

Hoth (On both side, its you freezing your bit over nonsense. The Graveyard is nice to look at but its so freaking far. Forget it, EJECT FROM THIS ICE CUBEEEEEEE)

Belsavis (Nice on Imp cose of the dread Lord, Lot of Moo Moo Eshka on Repb side..kinda a snort fest)

Voss (Boring save for that dark corrupted forest Part and the big stomper monster.)

Corellia (Fun on Imp cose you get to make a speech and take those Green jeeday, on Repb I barely remember anything about it )

Ilum (Malgus make a big show, its a nice planet. But after 100x time, I skip it. Unless I wanna kill that annoying Jedi baldy....lol on Repb side you get to face some douche Sith and arrest his GF and turn her to the LS though)

Makeb (More fun on Imp side, only part I liked on Repb is bringing more mouth to feed to Saresh )
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldnít know a momentís peace!

djbullenx
11.20.2019 , 02:15 PM | #6
I run a char a long way, for many moons, then when I begin to get bored and want to do something new I create a new class. Usually by that time itís almost fun to reminisce about all the side of quests. Also alternate between light and dark side classes.
Get 7 days as a subscriber totally free by clicking this referral link (FREE STUFF!): http://www.swtor.com/r/yYk2Gl