sexy outfits

nysis

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys get armor, women get slave outfits... nooooo that's not sexist. /sarcasm

o.O

I don't know about you, but my female bounty hunter is wearing armor. If you're female characters are wearing the slave bikini, that's all on you (and yes people, it's WAY WAY WAAAAY over done :p)

That said, I think the Black Talon Marauder Jacket and all it's copies in different colors and some with armored shoulders are what is sexy! Doesn't matter what gender the character wearing it is, it's sexy!

That said, port Aspiring Jedi Vest for females and males to Empire side! Add a hood to the Agile Judgement vest (and it's copies)! Well, don't add a hood to those, but make a version of it with a hood down!

game needs more. Would buy on cartel market

Heck no, they spend all their time making armour reskins anyway the last thing we need is more colours of bikini. I can never understand why people put characters in them anyway- it's not like the graphics are good enough to justify the effort:cool:

More seriously still no it looks...silly and makes it unnecessarily hard to identify characters. There I managed to respond to the thread without using "objectification" - well nearly.

Let's see:

-2 faction specific dancer outfits for authenticator users, one of them is just a recolor of

-1 cross faction slave outfit requiring social points, 2 pieces of which are used for

-3 3-piece dancer outfits which are all the same except for their color

Then there's that invisible top that nobody wants from the Cartel Packs, which result in a bare chest for males, gray tank top for females.

Oh, and the variations to the Black Talon Marauder Jacket in both heavy and medium versions. Empire side only, in case you didn't know.

For light armor there's something that looks old like mummy bandages in a variety of colours and some hooded tank tops.

For the rest, it's all robes and full body heavily padded armors. There's hardly anything inbetween. And any idea why the Phantom and Spymaster sets were so popular when they were released? They were simple, sleek, sexy, but NOT revealing outfits. Sexy isn't a function of how much skin is shown. Often, it works exactly the other way round. But there's simply not much inbetween the dancer/slave outfits and full body coverage. Only some bare bellies can be found there, most of which look pretty silly to be honest.

Take Satele's outfit: only the arms are bare, and she has high boots. Nothing revealing. But many would consider that sexy. And the Cartelmarket would probably overheat from all the purchases if that outfit was added to the next set of packs.

As for those asking for sexy male outfits: please, do try to define "sexy male outfit". Why do you think the Covert Ops chestpiece was added in the first place? Though it's missing matching invisible gloves and bracers I guess, but what else would a sexy male outfit involve? Elephant-thongs are sooo not gonna happen in a T-rated game though.

We can have some sexy outfits that don't show as much as the slave/elegant outfits do. Don't get me wrong, I like having a couple of my female characters run around in them. (mainly my Twi'leks :D) I would like to see some more short sleeved shirts and actualy shorts. Not pains, shorts. I don;t mean Daisy Duke style, but some shorts would be nice. I also would like to see full body suits, sleeved and sleevless. The devs can just allow for two of each mod to be placed in it and have it occupy both chest and leg slots but be one whole piece.

More mid-riff baring shirts would be nice too. No need for hoods or any crazy shoulder adornment. We can still have some sexy outfits without showing so much. Again, do not get me wrong. I do like the current stuff from the CM. :D

I DEMAND A MALE SLAVE OUTFIT!!!!

I think many SWs would agree and dress Quinn in it :D

Head: Prisoner's Hat (Belsavis Social 5 item). This looks identical to Vette's shock collar.

Chest: That invisible orange from the early cartel packs

Legs: Any form-fitting black pants.

Everything else: At your discretion.

There. Done.

OT: This is a non-issue. There are already 4 variants of the slavegirl outfit to sate you. If that's not doing it for you nothing in-game will. I'll agree the guys need more outfits that show off their figures though. Things like tank-tops or robes without a high-collared shirt under it. However, any new outfits for the guys will be available to the girls as well for 2 reasons: 1) can you think of an outfit a guy can pull off that a girl can't? and 2) people will complain; probably throw words like "equality" and the like around.

Heck no, they spend all their time making armour reskins anyway the last thing we need is more colours of bikini. I can never understand why people put characters in them anyway- it's not like the graphics are good enough to justify the effort:cool:

More seriously still no it looks...silly and makes it unnecessarily hard to identify characters. There I managed to respond to the thread without using "objectification" - well nearly.

What convinced me to put a couple of my toons in full slave bikinis was someone in fleet complaining about it, tossing around words like 'misogyny' and 'objectifying women'...basically having a Political Correctness Fit that if it were epilepsy, would have killed them twenty times over. Yes, I did it to get someone angry. There's just something about someone pulling a Politically Correct attitude that brings out the worst in me.

I agree that the outfit itself, in its entirety is...well...kinda goofy, but to hurl around accusations of misogyny and treating the female gender badly cheapens the plight of those in our world who are actually suffering from such treatment. I don't consider a Dancer's top to be an issue (apart from the dual dishrags that hang down from the waist), provided the rest of the clothing is 'normal'...boots, skirt, pants, what have you, but I wouldn't normally dress up an Operative or Vanguard in a complete bikini outfit. But in this case, I did just that. People can leave their judgmental opinions in their real lives - I get enough of that disease without having it infect my online games.

Head: Prisoner's Hat (Belsavis Social 5 item). This looks identical to Vette's shock collar.

Chest: That invisible orange from the early cartel packs

Legs: Any form-fitting black pants.

Everything else: At your discretion.

There. Done.

OT: This is a non-issue. There are already 4 variants of the slavegirl outfit to sate you. If that's not doing it for you nothing in-game will. I'll agree the guys need more outfits that show off their figures though. Things like tank-tops or robes without a high-collared shirt under it. However, any new outfits for the guys will be available to the girls as well for 2 reasons: 1) can you think of an outfit a guy can pull off that a girl can't? and 2) people will complain; probably throw words like "equality" and the like around.

It's not sating me, because my male characters can't wear it.

You're over simplifying it, yes I can piece together a somewhat skimpy outfit for my guy but it's not the point.

Women in this game can be (and often are) slaves

Men cannot

It's got nothing to do with how the outfit will actually look, it's everything to do with the title of the item and it being for females only. That is sexist.

Actually, the covert armor works exactly the same for males and females. Females default to the sports bra, and males to the bare chest. Male companions that have undershirts on under their armor default to the undershirt as well.

Exactly, they default to the bra, which bares absolutely nothing. I didn't say it didn't work for females, but it shows nothing at all.

Exactly, they default to the bra, which bares absolutely nothing. I didn't say it didn't work for females, but it shows nothing at all.

They can't expose bare breasts, the game would be pulled for censorship.

Apart from that, it shows exactly what you'd find in public, as does the male version.

They can't expose bare breasts, the game would be pulled for censorship.

Apart from that, it shows exactly what you'd find in public, as does the male version.

It wouldn't be pulled, necessarily, but it would garner SWTOR an 'M' rating, without question. Mature-rated MMOs do well, but such things aren't 'Star Warsy'. It fits our favorite Cimmerian and the title named after him, but not 'a galaxy far, far away'. The Liberation Movement doesn't belong in the Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire, anyways.

It's not sating me, because my male characters can't wear it.

You're over simplifying it, yes I can piece together a somewhat skimpy outfit for my guy but it's not the point.

Women in this game can be (and often are) slaves

Men cannot

It's got nothing to do with how the outfit will actually look, it's everything to do with the title of the item and it being for females only. That is sexist.

o.O You realize the only reason it's called the slave bikini is because thats what everyone has been calling it for years, right? If it wasn't for that, it would have been called something else in game.

Also, just because a character wear the slave bikini, doesn't mean they're a slave. In fact, to say any of the characters are a slave is purely RP, as we have 1 slave companion (Vette) and one class that was a slave before becoming a Sith (Inquisitor).

Title of the outfit means nothing. I can have dancer bottoms and top and social gloves...ect...ect and not one piece of slave bikini and call it a slave.

o.O You realize the only reason it's called the slave bikini is because thats what everyone has been calling it for years, right? If it wasn't for that, it would have been called something else in game.

Perhaps calling it the "Hutt Dancer Outfit" or similar would help? (Probably not...)

Though I think the poster you were quoting was a bit unclear on the topic of men not being slaves. My scoundrel found a forced labor camp with male and female slaves present... I suspect as she gets near more and more lawless areas (or those under Hutt or Imp control) she'll find more. Why can't you use the scattergun outside of stealth?

(In other news, I just thought of a way to help bring balance to the fan-um, the Force. I think I'll create another toon based on Conan the Barbarian. Sith Warrior perhaps?)

Perhaps calling it the "Hutt Dancer Outfit" or similar would help? (Probably not...)

Though I think the poster you were quoting was a bit unclear on the topic of men not being slaves. My scoundrel found a forced labor camp with male and female slaves present... I suspect as she gets near more and more lawless areas (or those under Hutt or Imp control) she'll find more. Why can't you use the scattergun outside of stealth?

(In other news, I just thought of a way to help bring balance to the fan-um, the Force. I think I'll create another toon based on Conan the Barbarian. Sith Warrior perhaps?)

Probably not. Then people would be saying "Why don't male's have an outfit called "Dancer Outfit" :p

If it's just about the outfit names, I've seen plenty of people who use the slave outfit without thinking their character is a slave and rather use it because "OMG IT SHOW SKIN!"

And still don't see the appeal of TOR any gender pratically naked! The TOR artstyle just isn't that great imo :p