Being Able To Sell A Stronghold

LordKlassa

I am aware that people may have rather mixed views on this and, just to say, I did not right this thread to get moaned at or lectured as I am aware of a few of the downsides.

Recently I purchased the Dromund Kaas Apartment and all of it's expansions and it now feels rather cold and not homely at all despite my efforts to lighten it up a bit. As (I would appreciate no comments such as "Go play on a European server" please) I play on an American sever but play from England as my friends from America asked me to play with them, I am unable to regularly gain credits from Operations, Flashpoints etc. from the time difference.

So after spending over 1.5 million credits on everything from the Dromund Kaas apartment I decided to go and explore the Coruscant one with my Sage. So I bought that and loved it straight away, it felt so much more homelier and I really wanted to live there with all the rooms. But my 3 55's only had 150,000 credits each. So I wish I could just sell my Dromund Kaas apartment and then use the money to buy all the rooms for the Coruscant one. Either that or transfer the Rooms I purchased on Dromund Kaas to the the Coruscant one instead. Any one else ever thought around the same lines as this?

(Once again, I did not post this to get moaned at for my lack of credits or anything else as I have had previously)

• 1 year later...

Not sure whether you ask for the ability to disable a stronghold and get refunded or the ability to actually sell them to other players. The later would basically mean they give you the credits for the unlock instead of using the terminal, and you unlock them their stronghold. Now if you were a goldseller with access to stolen credit card numbers or hacked cartel-coin keys, you could quickly make lots of credits by offering the fully unlocked stronghold at a bargain price, so it's very unlikely that Bioware implements something like this.

I know you did ask not to get lectured, but your lack of credits has nothing to do with you playing in the server's quiet hours. Ops and FPs are a waste of time if your aim is to make credits. Do dailies instead. A low server population is even an advantage here, as there are less players to get in your way. You'll make about 500k, spending 2 hours doing everything but Makeb on the priority terminal.

Edited by Mubrak

A stronghold is worth nothing without decorations. But how would you sell trophy decorations? And without them, the stronghold loses over 30k of prestige, making its worth much less.

The top 3 strongholds if bought from the ground up, I think would be quite a bit over nothing.

Yavin - 14m

Tat - 14m

Shadda - 10m

Not sure whether you ask for the ability to disable a stronghold and get refunded or the ability to actually sell them to other players. The later would basically mean they give you the credits for the unlock instead of using the terminal, and you unlock them their stronghold. Now if you were a goldseller with access to stolen credit card numbers or hacked cartel-coin keys, you could quickly make lots of credits by offering the fully unlocked stronghold at a bargain price, so it's very unlikely that Bioware implements something like this.

I know you did ask not to get lectured, but your lack of credits has nothing to do with you playing in the server's quiet hours. Ops and FPs are a waste of time if your aim is to make credits. Do dailies instead. A low server population is even an advantage here, as there are less players to get in your way. You'll make about 500k, spending 2 hours doing everything but Makeb on the priority terminal.

First of all, yes you can drop the high and mighty tone. I didn't use it in my post and it's uncalled for here. And no, I am hardly desperate for credits, so don't presume that I have a lack of them.

The bigger issue is that after buying all of the first three (and getting my one free one for subscribing), I realize that it's pointless to decorate four. I just always go to the same one every time to conduct my business. If there's some concern about using them to profit, then fine. Just allow me to empty the stronghold and get back the credits I spent on them. And if the Tatooine one is being used purely as a quick travel to the planet, that is the worst one to use for that purpose as you have to go down an elevator and go out to the "parking" space to exit.

A stronghold is worth nothing without decorations. But how would you sell trophy decorations? And without them, the stronghold loses over 30k of prestige, making its worth much less.

It's worth whatever it sells for if you had to buy it new from the Strongholds vendor.

First of all, yes you can drop the high and mighty tone. I didn't use it in my post and it's uncalled for here. And no, I am hardly desperate for credits, so don't presume that I have a lack of them.

I was answering to the OP.

But well, didn't see it was a year-old necro, so w/e.

Edited by Mubrak

I'm thinking he means instead of de-activating a stronghold just sell it back to the stronghold vendor and get the creds back for the unlocked rooms and then be able to buy another stronghold or just have the credits. That's an interesting idea actually. We are able to sell back armor etc. back to vendors, why not the strongholds? I have 3 strongholds myself, the neutral Nar Shaada and the Coruscant and Dromund ones. A neutral one is actually all you really need to use practically but its nice having the others too.

I'm thinking he means instead of de-activating a stronghold just sell it back to the stronghold vendor and get the creds back for the unlocked rooms and then be able to buy another stronghold or just have the credits. That's an interesting idea actually.

Exactly right. Perfectly stated.

In fact, I'd even be willing to take a 10% loss just to discourage people from buying and selling them back and forth so that there is some slight pentalty (though with Yavin IV, that's still a substantial loss). But to have no option other than to get ZERO for a stronghold I never use and that has zero quick travel value because of the poor layout?

That makes no sense.

We are able to sell back armor etc. back to vendors, why not the strongholds?

You mean the short timed buyback of a few hours?

Strongholds are both a timesink and a creditsink, I doubt we will ever see a refund.

Sure I deactivated a fully unlocked stronghold for the new Yavin stronghold but I do not need a refund for that, if I want to activate Tatooine again I can with a click.

Edited by Icestar

that has zero quick travel value because of the poor layout?

***THAT*** makes no sense. For quick travel, you go there, then you turn around and click on the doobrie by the door. Oh, no, that doesn't even work on NS, because it's buried in the (...) taxi.

No, you click the "Exit zone" button above the minimap radar thing, and you exit. The layout is irrelevant.

It would be nice if that button were bigger, I'll agree, but it's there, and it makes the "poor layout" argument a weak one against quick travel value.

And if the Tatooine one is being used purely as a quick travel to the planet, that is the worst one to use for that purpose as you have to go down an elevator and go out to the "parking" space to exit.

Um... no its not... you just click on the "Exit Area" button at the top of the mini map and voila, out you go.

Works for -every- stronghold.

who cares about prestige other then conquest goobs, I don't even put those worthless ugly trophies in my strongholds.

who cares about prestige other then conquest goobs, I don't even put those worthless ugly trophies in my strongholds.

You don't need to, you get the prestige just from having them. Doing ops will earn you 118 prestige per boss for each difficulty mode. This prestige is then multiplied with your stonghold's completion rate and doubled for subscribers. All prestige does is determining your place in the stronghold list. Don't expect anyone to visit your stronghold if you are on page 2, but also don't expect a stronghold to be fabulously decorated, just because it has 200k prestige :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

• 5 years later...

I get that we can't sell strongholds.

I bought the Rishi stronghold and hated it from day one, but I don't see why we can't be allowed to donate them. I would really love to give that stronghold to a young, fresh faced guild that doesn't have one!:)

I get that we can't sell strongholds.

I bought the Rishi stronghold and hated it from day one, but I don't see why we can't be allowed to donate them. I would really love to give that stronghold to a young, fresh faced guild that doesn't have one!:)

Because as steve said at the start, it's bound to legacy, also add to the fact guild strongholds cost a lot more to unlock than personal ones.

... if the Tatooine one is being used purely as a quick travel to the planet, that is the worst one to use for that purpose as you have to go down an elevator and go out to the "parking" space to exit.

PSA - you can exit any Stronghold from anywhere in it, by using the "EXIT AREA" button on your mini-map**. There's no need to travel to any particular exit point.

🙂

** Any of your own Strongholds. I'm not sure if the "exit area" works the same if you're visiting someone else's SH

Edited by JediQuaker

• 1 month later...
As far as i know, you can only have a limited amount of Strongholds, So for that fact alone,

i think players should be able to "sell" the stronghold they don't want anymore or just purchased by mistake.

You are right. There is a limit.

You are also wrong:

* The limit is currently larger than the number of possible strongholds.

* It's already possible to "deactivate" a stronghold so it no longer appears in the panel when you press "U" (or whatever keybind you've assigned it instead).

The first point means that your reasoning for a "sell" feature is flawed, because you've presupposed that the limit is small enough to be a problem.

The second point means that it is not necessary to add the feature because something that achieves essentially the same goal relative to the limit. (And no, I give no credibility to claims of anyone having bought a stronghold by mistake. The process is just fiddly enough that there's no excuse for doing it by mistake.)

You are right. There is a limit.

You are also wrong:

* The limit is currently larger than the number of possible strongholds.

* It's already possible to "deactivate" a stronghold so it no longer appears in the panel when you press "U" (or whatever keybind you've assigned it instead).

The first point means that your reasoning for a "sell" feature is flawed, because you've presupposed that the limit is small enough to be a problem.

The second point means that it is not necessary to add the feature because something that achieves essentially the same goal relative to the limit. (And no, I give no credibility to claims of anyone having bought a stronghold by mistake. The process is just fiddly enough that there's no excuse for doing it by mistake.)

Maybe those reasons i mentioned above aren't really "valid" enough,

But there can be many reasons as to why one does'nt want a particular stronghold anymore.