New Ziost boss and 204 MH

Ok i know that one guild on Red Eclipse server exploit some location on Ziost and get to hiden daily area that will be unlocked on 4th may, and killed new OPS Boss while i don't care much about that boss kill i really care that this boss on HM difficulty drop 204 MH weapon. Now BW please answer why you spit in many good guilds who spent enormous time wiping on revan to get 198 if everyone will just get better one and just forget about Revan at all. I don't want you to punish anyone who exploited, i want that this weapon will be removed from this boss loot table for now, it's just does not look right or feels right. Please BW i really enjoying this game, i enjoyed Revan encounter, now you just ruin everything that was good by placing BiS weapon in easy boss loot table. Sorry for mistakes english is not my native language. And any player who care about this please /sign

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is simply brilliant :D Can't stop laughing at this latest patch. I'm getting more and more convinced that they are really trying to get everyone out of this game for good. I know I'm taking a break and it saddens me, cuz I really liked it for last 3 yrs... :( Edited by spudik

I have mixed feelings.

On one end I agree that it is kind of like a slap in the face.

On the other end, the current HM are available for some time now. Those who cleared it had the chance to enjoy stronger gear earlier on. And they have the pleasure of killing Revan before many others.

This might be a step in making the content a little easier for those who struggle a lot.

Now about the 'Revan won't be fought again' comment. Why not? I mean it depends on the guild ofcourse. But the fight sounds fun (have yet to face him) which should be reason enough to fight Revan.

Ok i know that one guild on Red Eclipse server exploit some location on Ziost and get to hiden daily area that will be unlocked on 4th may, and killed new OPS Boss while i don't care much about that boss kill i really care that this boss on HM difficulty drop 204 MH weapon. Now BW please answer why you spit in many good guilds who spent enormous time wiping on revan to get 198 if everyone will just get better one and just forget about Revan at all. I don't want you to punish anyone who exploited, i want that this weapon will be removed from this boss loot table for now, it's just does not look right or feels right. Please BW i really enjoying this game, i enjoyed Revan encounter, now you just ruin everything that was good by placing BiS weapon in easy boss loot table. Sorry for mistakes english is not my native language. And any player who care about this please /sign

I'd guess they just trolling us at this point.

This is hilarious to be honest. Everyone and their grandmother will spend the next weeks/months farming loot which should drop from Revan Nightmare. I really cant think of many better ways to f*ck with gear progression. Great job indeed.

On a personal note, i just want to offer my thanks to BW for cutting my playtime by a sizeable margin. I'll run the new boss a couple of times each week to get my gear, no need for wiping through bugged HM Ops anymore. Brilliant.

Oh and also, not that i care, but there should be serious consequences for players exploiting this boss atm. It wont matter much in the end since everyone gets a chance to play it on monday but this is wrong nontheless. They need to bring the hammer down after their leniency regarding the Ravagers Exploit.

They wont though.

Edited by AMightyKnight

Just my quick observation about the actual weapon.

(insert it's still dumb for 204 MH to drop from this thing here, just to make it clear).

That is one of the most randomly statted, incredibly inefficient to use either the barrel or Mod/Enhancement from things I've seen.

Either a Merc gets the barrel (since it's a blaster pistol) or a PT/VG Tank gets the Mod/Enhancement.

Powertechs use blaster pistols... That's a powertech tank mainhand with normal stats every random drop has (B mod and bulwark/bastion enhancement).

While I realize they just nerfed Revan, would you rather they make content easier by introducing an item such as this, or doing the NiM power thing?

With this strategy any group can attempt to kill Revan at its "intended" difficulty (192 MHs, excluding design nerf). With NiM power that option wasn't available after it was removed.

I also have to assume they're planning the next tier of sm/hm may be 204/210 rating instead of the previous design. Wait and see I guess.

Powertechs use blaster pistols... That's a powertech tank mainhand with normal stats every random drop has (B mod and bulwark/bastion enhancement).

Duh.

You're absolutely right. Was thinking blaster rifle for some reason. Too early (or that's my excuse).

Hahah. Nevermind.

A merc wouldn't want that barrel (if going for bis) that's a commando barrel (can tell because it gives more endurance than aim) the barrel tanks want, so unless the merc took it just to replace the barrel later with a reflex one (which would be a bit of a d*** move to any pt tank)

A merc wouldn't want that barrel (if going for bis) that's a commando barrel (can tell because it gives more endurance than aim) the barrel tanks want, so unless the merc took it just to replace the barrel later with a reflex one (which would be a bit of a d*** move to any pt tank)

Agree. My original observation was based on completely forgetting PTs use blaster pistols as well (was thinking they used rifles like a VG.

While you are undoubtedly correct, how much aim would you be losing out on by switching from a 198 reflex barrel to a 204 commando compared to the increase in tech power/weapon damage? Wouldn't they still come out on top with the 204 barrel?

Edited by Llama-Eight

While you are undoubtedly correct, how much aim would you be losing out on by switching from a 198 reflex barrel to a 204 commando compared to the increase in tech power/weapon damage? Wouldn't they still come out on top with the 204 barrel?

Not only that, the base weapon's damage is affected by the barrel's rating. So it is a significant gain going from 198 to 204. A merc would be all over that weapon.

There is always new loot in MMOs. It doesn't diminish what was already accomplished. If you want to continue progressing without using the extra boost that the 204s provide don't use them. Progression has always been use the best gear available to get the content down. I mean where do we draw the line at how much gearing constitutes to much? Oh it took your group full 198s to clear Revan, vs we did it in all 192s? For progression, these things don't matter. What matters is who kills the bosses first. Some guilds farm heavy, some guilds put in more pulls without focusing on farm, this only "kills" progression if you perceive it to do so.

Heck, why did you bother doing EV, KP, EC, TFB, SV, DF, and DP? They been upgrading gear all this time, that just can't be right can it?

Edited by ReyCielo

There is always new loot in MMOs. It doesn't diminish what was already accomplished. If you want to continue progressing without using the extra boost that the 204s provide don't use them. Progression has always been use the best gear available to get the content down. I mean where do we draw the line at how much gearing constitutes to much? Oh it took your group full 198s to clear Revan, vs we did it in all 192s? For progression, these things don't matter. What matters is who kills the bosses first. Some guilds farm heavy, some guilds put in more pulls without focusing on farm, this only "kills" progression if you perceive it to do so.

Heck, why did you bother doing EV, KP, EC, TFB, SV, DF, and DP? They been upgrading gear all this time, that just can't be right can it?

Except this is CURRENT progression. They are devaluing current progression with content that is EASIER.

I think all the guilds would be fine if Monolith HM gave 204 mainhands, provided the boss was definitively harder than Revan with mechanics that were equally as fulfilling, but they aren't that complex. The fight, from what I hear, is simplistic and easily farmable, and THAT is the flaw.

They cannot keep 204 MHs from Monolith HM, Revan nerfs, and the Revanchist title all at the same time. They should either keep the Revanchist title or the Revan nerfs (as an acknowledgement that Revan is as difficult as a NiM boss with NiM power). There is absolutely no situation here in which 204 MHs should be obtained from an easier boss with less gear requirements than a boss that drops a 198 MH.

I guess my mentality is just different. Gear doesn't matter. Gear is really just a means to an end, killing the bosses. You gear strategically but it is not the end goal. The end goal is the boss kill. We will utilize any and all systems in our toolkit to down bosses faster. If that means going to do Nightmare Pilgrim, we'll do it. If that means calling down everyone to all the datacrons, we'll do it. If it means farming the easy bosses over and over, we'll do it. You do what it takes within the parameters of what is released to clear the content. You bring what you can to the party to down the boss. This just adds something else. Will it make it easier, for sure. But there is a simple solution for progression raiders who feel that 204s are simple too much of an advantage, don't use them; however, because of the mentality that we possess, I doubt a majority of us would actually forgo 204s just to make a boss fight more challenging.

They cannot keep 204 MHs from Monolith HM, Revan nerfs, and the Revanchist title all at the same time. They should either keep the Revanchist title or the Revan nerfs (as an acknowledgement that Revan is as difficult as a NiM boss with NiM power). There is absolutely no situation here in which 204 MHs should be obtained from an easier boss with less gear requirements than a boss that drops a 198 MH.

Curious but how did you feel when this was the situation:

"They cannot keep 180 MHs from HM Council, NiM TFB nerfs (I don't recall if there were NiM SNV nerfs), and the title(s) all at the same time. There is absolutely no situation here in which 180 MHs should be obtained from an easier boss with less gear requirements than a boss that drops a 175 MH."

Was NiM TFB/SNV not more difficult than HM DF/DP? Did people not farm easier content to be able to clear the more difficult content and get those titles/mounts?

Will this all not blow over when the next tier of HM content drops 210 gear or whatever?

Edited by bdatt

Curious but how did you feel when this was the situation:

"They cannot keep 180 MHs from HM Council, NiM TFB nerfs (I don't recall if there were NiM SNV nerfs), and the title(s) all at the same time. There is absolutely no situation here in which 180 MHs should be obtained from an easier boss with less gear requirements than a boss that drops a 174 MH."

Was NiM TFB/SNV not more difficult than HM DF/DP? Did people not farm easier content to be able to clear the more difficult content and get those titles/mounts?

Will this all not blow over when the next tier of HM content drops 210 gear or whatever?

The special snowflake crowd always complains about changes when it applies to changes which allow other players to have a chance to complete previously cutting edge content, even if the content has grown old and stale.

It does not matter if the access comes from nerfing the encounters or adding new and improved gear - nothing ticks this group off more than knowing players they deem unworthy are at some point able to complete the same content they previously completed.

I want to preface this by saying I haven't raided with any of you guys and that the statement below is me just asking questions and stating my opinion. Most people that hang around these parts these days are mostly quality players.

Why does it matter if other people get the title? Do you need that external validation that your a good player? Either your a good player or your not? I for one, have never been a title hound. I don't chase into the best of the best groups. To me, that's like Lebron going to Miami and winning titles with All-Stars. Does that make you the best player? No, it just makes you a great player on a team of all-stars. To me, I have much more respect for the players that gut it out with the home team than those who chase the title because they need that validation. I am not saying that you or anyone here is those types of people but this is a game after all.

The loot train will keep chugging, new ops will be released, there is no current progression, there is only progression. Some people still can't clear NiM TFB/SV, that is still the "current" progression" for them. When a group finally downs it, maybe they will be ultra excited and they can commemorate it with the titles they earned together. You earned that badge with your group of people. Honor that, please do not deny other people that same honor.