SW and SI storyline questions (Major Spoilers)

Lium

I completed the JK story recently and it of course ends with you defeating the Emperor. I've heard the JC story is similar in that you confront the Emperor or some variant of that.

Then, as a Republic player, you get a questline on Ilum that is a direct follow up to the defeat of the Emperor. You find out that after the Emperor fell, Darth Malgus made his move to form his own empire, and you now have to confront him as well in the flashpoint The False Emperor.

That's two major imperial characters. And not just any characters, the leaders of the Empire. One being iconic to this game. (Malgus) So, it got me wondering, do the SW and SI stories end with defeating major Republic leaders? Such as Satele Shan or the Republic chancellor?

I'm also curious to know what BW does with the empire going forward since their entire leadership structure and chain of command is in disarray. Will a new emperor rise, or will we get a situation similar to what we saw in KOTOR 2 with various Sith Lords all claiming their own fiefdom?

Edited by Lium

You don't kill the Emperor. And both sides have to fight Malgus.

Edit: SW kills his master, and his masters master (Not sure if that is a Dark Council member or not) but no republic people. SI kills a Dark Council member, but again no republic people.

Empire stories are all more about consolidating the players power than fighting the republic, while the republic stories are about defeating the empire in some way (Not sure about Smuggler or BH though because I am playing BH and have avoided spoilers, and I couldn't give a rats *** about the Smuggler :p ).

Edited by _Darkstar
adding stuff

The JK kills the voice of the emperor, which is a person the emperor possessed using a portion of his spirit to act as a surrogate emperor puppet (kind of like in that Surrogate movie with Bruce Willis). The real emperor is still alive somewhere which is confirmed in an email you get after you finish the SW story.

Edited by Projawa

Bounty Hunter

Has an option to kill Supreme Chancellor. I believe the decision to kill him is canon

Warrior

Kills two Dark Council members (Vengean and Baras [who took his master's spot on the council]) and several Republic generals, as well as Jedi masters Yonlach and Nomen Karr (there is a third on Hoth, forgot his name)

Inquisitor

Kills a Dark Council member (Thanaton). The SI story is basically about Sith infighting

Knight

Kills the Emperor's Voice (host body, not the Emperor himself) and some other Dark Council members I think (never played the story, just read about it) as well as leading an invasion on Dromund Kaas

Councilor

Kills some number of Dark Council members I think (again, never played the storyline so I'm not quite sure and the First Son of the Children of the Emperor

That's all I know. I've played the BH and SW storylines, gotten through most of the Inquisitor's, and played very little of the Consular and Knight story

• 3 weeks later...

As a JK you kill the voice of the emperor, as others have described it's simply a body/puppet the emperor possesses. He himself is safely away in an unknown planet far away.

When the Sith Warrior (SW) finishes he gets a mail that confirms this, the emperor's handlers are surprised that the JK was able to kill the voice of the emperor and it does delay the Emperor's plans but doesn't stop them.

Ironically the SW also gets to kill the Voice of the Emperor at one point lol. In that case the Emperor asks you too do so to free him from a trap.

So yeah the Sith Warrior gets to kill two Dark Council members and the Voice of the Emperor... the higher ups on their own side lol. But that's the Sith way. As others mention you do kill important Republic generals and what not as well.

The Sith are bred in a society to fight and kill eachother and the strongest and most clever survive, and the very best rise up. This allows the Sith to be immensely powerful though the same source of power cripples them as they do more damage to themselves than the Republic.

Edited by Alandross