Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

Chosenxeno

I'm bold enough to say it. There is no changing my mind. I want Addons. I want Macros. I want LFD. I won't be beating around the bush like a few of the WOW players around here. I really don't put much stock into what strangers on the internet think of me. I WANT WOW WITH LIGHTSABERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW players are the Largest MMO playerbase. It would be foolish of Bioware and EA to not cater to us. Whatever MMO you came from that wasn't WOW is a Failure end of story. Bioware needs to follow the Model of the most successful MMO in history. They do not need to follow the model of whatever Niche... Garbage... Masochistic MMO you came from. From a business perspective it just doesn't make sense.

I love macros. Makes my Job easier. I don't wanna have to press every button on my Keyboard.

I love Parsers. My being at the top of the HPS gives other healers something to shoot for. Your being at the bottom of the DPS for a boss, that we have now wiped on for the 5th time because, you can't seem to put out the DPS on par of people that you have somehow managed to out gear gives me a reason to kick you. It's your Guild's Job to carry you. Not mine.

I love Addons. I wanna know down to the very last millisecond when my hot is gonna fall off. I hate where that tooltip is and I want it moved!

I love LFD. I have tried 2 days in a Row to run the Heroic 4 on Nar Shadaa(?) on multiple occasions. Abandon Quest move on to Alderaan. I had to zone out of Mandolorian Raiders and Spam to replace a DPS at the final boss after Spamming to get a group for a half an hour as a HEALER. The people who don't want this have an odd idea of fun.

People whining about Addons, Parsers, Macros and LFD need only to look at Rift to see what happens when you move too slowly to include these thing, half of which, should have been in at launch.

We take your advice and we "Go back to WOW". Suddenly friends and Guildees you leveled with vanish from their respective lists. Bioware needs to decide whether they want guests or tenants.

INB4 the EQ players. Be sure to mention how WOW nuked EQ before it had all the things I listed above. Also don't neglect to mention that EQ was pretty much killed by WOW it's 1st competitor in a state that you find acceptable(No Addons and a huge time sink. People raided 6 days a week back then and now they raid 4. Choose life.)

I'm absolutely serious too. I am not trolling. This is what I want this is what the Majority(Trust me WOW players are the Majority right now. Read the Forums or Join a guild) of people want but they are afraid to say it outright. I'm not. Become more WOW-Like(As far as Streamlining I do not want to see Undead again as long as I live..or dwarves or Elves!!) or fail.

As far as the people who claim that they will leave if these things are implemented, you were probably going to leave when GW2 came out anyway. I'm sick of all these "MMO of the Month" WOW haters that have never done anything in other games whining. They slowed down things in Rift with their nonsense and by the time Rift Implemented things that people expect in a Modern MMORPG it was too late.

Edited by Chosenxeno

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry. EA is a money-making company, they'll force Bioware do what Blizzard did with WoW, despite what some (very little actually) people say against it.

So you'll soon see an LFG tool, macros, addons, and so on...

I share the same opinion. I wanted a WoW copy set in the SW universe. EA killed Warhammer. They will do the same to this game. SWTOR will hover at around 500K subs and it will make them money but will be considered a total failure by the community. I'll wait for that Warhammer 40K MMO. Edited by Chocobar

If you wanna play WoW, then play WoW.

Its as simple as that.

Couldn't have phrased it better myself.

However:

Realm-intern-only, no transportation / teleportation and no automatic composing (people would be registered in a list along with other people also looking for a group) - THIS would be an acceptable compromise for an extension of the already existing LFG-tool.

Edited by GalaxyDude

I actually agree with most of what you said.

However, other MMOs were not failures because they didn't have 11m subs, I played WAR for 2 years solid and had some of the best pvp in my life in that game. Nothing the 'safe' pvp gameplay of wow gave me.

If you wanna play WoW, then play WoW.

Its as simple as that.

IYou clearly did not read. I do not want an exact Clone. I want the little bells and whistles that people are fighting against. Addons, Parsers, LFD and Macros. This is what the number 1 MMO has. Not some half *** F2P game.

This isn't anything like wow, first of all Starwars is fun. secondly, it's story and characters have depth!

It is just like wow, first of all that's a really stupid first reason, secondly wow has a story and the characters have depth.

Really? Why should they pander to your every whim when we all know players like you will be off like a shot when it's too much like wow, because it's too much likw wow.

There is clearly only one game out there that will keep you happy.

It has plenty to Seperate it from WOW already. I want the streamlining of WOW not the class selection and lore.

IYou clearly did not read. I do not want an exact Clone. I want the little bells and whistles that people are fighting against. Addons, Parsers, LFD and Macros. This is what the number 1 MMO has. Not some half *** F2P game.

No, thats not what you want at all.

What you want is WoW, just better. Thats why you came here. It was the same with Aion and Rift. People in denial thinking they wanted something new, but in reality, they just want an improved version of WoW. Which is blizzards responsibility to provide.

Admit it, WoW has been lacking for awhile. Blizzard hasn't really done anything to improve upon it, in fact... they've only made it worst. (Which is a damn shame because I spent countless hours playing vanilla and loved the living hell out of it)

So you wanna know my suggestion? Go back to the game you enjoy instead of forcing yourself to play a game you don't. Why would you forcefully play a game you don't enjoy anyway?

It is just like wow, first of all that's a really stupid first reason, secondly wow has a story and the characters have depth.

lol gotcha, Although I found wow's story to not be deep at all, it was if anything dull. But that's an opinion and it could very well be very deep for you and others. WoW was fun once for me btw. But this does not feel remotely like wow, Why I'm finding this game very fun.

I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs + interactive story... That's all. So many negatives not enough positives. Looking forward to when this game gets better. Edited by Bantic

WoW is awful, it's just the only monthly pay MMO that had any longevity from 2004 till now. It does not have depth that's absolute rubbish and it was ruined by add ons, macros and the like, although they are only a minor reason as to why it went downhill, the main points were horrific story lines and quests, terrible look and feel and a complete lack of variation.

I share the same opinion. I wanted a WoW copy set in the SW universe. EA killed Warhammer. They will do the same to this game. SWTOR will hover at around 500K subs and it will make them money but will be considered a total failure by the community. I'll wait for that Warhammer 40K MMO.

Mythic Entertainment killed Warhammer Online and the remnants of that company are going to kill SW:TOR. If you think that EA is to blame after allowing 3+ years in development and $130+ million dollars, you are nuts. Most game studios would kill for that kind of support from their publisher. Anybody who thinks this game was going to get drastically better with another year of development is really deluding themselves. EA used to be the kiss of death, but now they are just as likely to put out a decent game as they are a stinker and unfortunately, SWTOR falls in the "blah" area between the two.

I was told this game was WoW + better story + better crafting + no grinding. It is WoW - customization - end game - addons - good pvp - arena - LFD + space combat + voice overs... That's all.

So much like wow they whine how much this game doesn't copy wow and should copy x features off wow...