Operative feels weak

Seksi

Came back recently and playing concealment, but compared to other classes it feels so weak and squishy. Heroic+2 I breeze through with my gunslinger or sentinel I freaking die on with my Operative. Does this sound legit or am I just playing it wrong?

Most likely playing it wrong as it’s the strongest class in the game, dps and dcd wise.

Whoa....something is seriously wrong then. Off to youtube….

Edited by Seksi

• 3 weeks later...

Though I wouldn't call it weak, Scoundrel has lost more abilities over the years than any of the other adv. classes. Which in my opinion kinda lessened the 'fun' of play it. Though the abilities lost were not essential (and some situational) to the class:

Sabotage Charge, Charged Burst, Cover, Shoot First (though earlier on it was kinda OP), Flechette Round (though technically not gone, but morphed into passives. Still miss the shotgun-twirl), XS Freighter Flyby (changed into Bushwhack. Though it was a direct buff, it kinda gave the Scoundrel class identity), Blaster Volley (changed into Lacerating Blast. Though it was harder to aim, the damage was instant and not delayed at distance) and Sneak.

So in total: eight abilities lost or changed.

Assassin and Sorcerer players want to talk to you.

No they don't, he's right. Conc's DCDs roflstomp those of assassin and sorcerer. Even if we're talking leth, the DCDs are still far stronger than sorcs' (which are basically just force speed, dark heal, and stalling for more force speed). Also, if you think the damage is weaker (single target) than either of those two, you need to try the volatile strike tactical. That's likely the reason OP is having trouble, as lowbies can't use tacticals or set bonuses yet.

• 4 weeks later...
No they don't, he's right. Conc's DCDs roflstomp those of assassin and sorcerer. Even if we're talking leth, the DCDs are still far stronger than sorcs' (which are basically just force speed, dark heal, and stalling for more force speed). Also, if you think the damage is weaker (single target) than either of those two, you need to try the volatile strike tactical. That's likely the reason OP is having trouble, as lowbies can't use tacticals or set bonuses yet.

Sroc has rly good dcds if you use the correct combat utilities. And for pve acid lash is way better tactical.

• 2 weeks later...
Came back recently and playing concealment, but compared to other classes it feels so weak and squishy. Heroic+2 I breeze through with my gunslinger or sentinel I freaking die on with my Operative. Does this sound legit or am I just playing it wrong?

Tank comp helps for more consistent Backstabs, and the aoe Volatile Substance tactical makes quick work of groups of mobs in Heroics.

If you are still leveling, tank comp is still good, just single target dps the mobs down starting with weakest to strongest.

• 2 months later...

(From a PVE, Lethality mostly perspective) combat proficiencies are important to consider:

- 25% AOE damage reduction

- 5% damage reduction

-5% heal added to shield probe

-6% damage reduction with self probes on (though I often get lower stealth cooldown instead)

-30% increase to absorb shield

-150% reflect

-20% damage reduction during stim (I get halo tranverse buff instead)

force barrier is the biggest double edged sword in the game. i just wait it out before stomping the idiot sorcs in their face once it ends.

It's a good DCD but only if you've got a healer healing you up while you are in the bubble. When you are by yourself, indeed, it is only good for buying time when defending nodes in PvP. Ever since they nerfed the utility that heals you under Force Barrier, it has been a pretty crap DCD. It gives you some time to get some cooldown back but usually it's just a mild annoyance for the enemy.

Edited by Equeliber