New Class for Expansion

JediTaylor

I have seen some thoughts of new classes for swtor's future expansions and I'd like to add my 2 cents.

Class Imperial Helmsman

Role DPS Utility (Maverick Spec), DPS (Pilot Spec)

Armor Medium

Stat Aim

Weapon Blaster Pistol for Pilot, Blaster Rifle for Maverick

Example Tie Fighter Pilots from Episode IV (there is also an in game Pilot right on Hoth when you get to the planet to see possible armor possibilities).

Overview

Maverick specialization deals mostly with exploiting weaknesses among enemies (Accuracy Debuffs, slows, stuns and AoE Crowd Control).

Pilot specialization deals mostly with AoE attacks (AoE Grenades, Air Strikes, & Nukes).

Class Republic Officer

Role DPS (Squadron Leader), DPS Utility (Master at Arms)

Armor Medium

Stat Aim

Weapon Blaster Pistol for Squadron Leader, Blaster Rifle for Master at Arms

Example Wedge Antilles (there are plenty of in game Republic Officers to see what armor options would be available).

Overview

Master at Arms specialization deals mostly with exploiting weaknesses among enemies (Accuracy Debuffs, slows, stuns and AoE CC).

Squadron Leader specialization deals mostly with AoE attacks (AoE Grenades, Air & Nuke Strikes).

Now I haven't gone into detail on the Trees as far as talents go, but given the time if anyone has some good ideas I'd love to hear them. And if we can get some good feedback from our community maybe in some way we can get at least the idea of a pilot or officer as a playable class in the foreseeable future.

Jedi Master Taylor

I'm fine with the classes we have at present. We dont really need more classes IMO, however, I would like for them to give bounty hunters the mandolorian title, allow us to get an HK droid, 47 or 51 - but if we get 51 instead of 47, then i hope they would replace "Organics" with "Organic Meatbags" - for a companion; and I personally would like the level cap to go up to 60 or 70 max.

i highly doubt they will ever add new classes in expansions. maybe new advanced classes... err... advanced advanced classes? but probably never new classes.

The reason being it would be WAY to much work.

They would need to redo voice work for EVERY SINGLE quest in the game for both male and female versions of the class. from lvl 1 - whatever max level is at that time.

They might pull a WoW and add a class like the death knight, who starts at a higher level. so if the expanison makes the level cal from 50-60, the new class starts at lvl 50. but thats just dumb.

Edited by XplaguesX

Yeah you guys are probably right. The easiest thing would be to add new races. Voice over work would be pretty extensive to add 2 new playable classes. I love the character creator the way it is. It's just extensive enough to make your own unique look.

I would also like to see new companions (like an HK droid) or the ability to buy or "trade in" your ship for a different one. I'd love for my Smuggler or Juggernaut to have the Phantom ship. I just love the aesthetic of the IA's ship.

1.- If you know the source where they say this game is going to have Xpacs instead FREE patches, link please

2.- Before an Xpac they must fix and balance what we already have

3.- Before a new class, wich only would benefit those playing it, i´d love new features like Open & Multiplayer space combat and whatnot

Nothing else coming to mind, thanks for reading

• 2 weeks later...

I'd prefer instead of new classes more variety for existing classes.

It would take a lot of work still, but I'd love to see stuff like bounty hunters being able to use rifles, or the various saber wielding classes having more options than just whatever their AC dictates.

Aside from the fact that the game is way too new to put in any new classes (and too new for an expansion as well), a pet-based class would be a nice addition.

A Republic Mechanic that uses droids, and for Imperials a Sith Handler that uses mind control and alchemy on animals.

That would be unique enough to avoid being a carbon-copy of any current class, and certainly flavorful. Advanced classes could focus on various small and expendable droids/animals or a single powerful one. The former could be healing/dps, the latter pure dps.

Of course that would involve all the usual problems of pet classes, and since we already have companions for solo-play it might not be the best idea. But it's an idea, and it's too soon for definitive speculation anyway.

I have seen some thoughts of new classes for swtor's future expansions and I'd like to add my 2 cents.

Class Imperial Helmsman

Role DPS Utility (Maverick Spec), DPS (Pilot Spec)

Armor Medium

Stat Aim

Weapon Blaster Pistol for Pilot, Blaster Rifle for Maverick

Example Tie Fighter Pilots from Episode IV (there is also an in game Pilot right on Hoth when you get to the planet to see possible armor possibilities).

Overview

Maverick specialization deals mostly with exploiting weaknesses among enemies (Accuracy Debuffs, slows, stuns and AoE Crowd Control).

Pilot specialization deals mostly with AoE attacks (AoE Grenades, Air Strikes, & Nukes).

Class Republic Officer

Role DPS (Squadron Leader), DPS Utility (Master at Arms)

Armor Medium

Stat Aim

Weapon Blaster Pistol for Squadron Leader, Blaster Rifle for Master at Arms

Example Wedge Antilles (there are plenty of in game Republic Officers to see what armor options would be available).

Overview

Master at Arms specialization deals mostly with exploiting weaknesses among enemies (Accuracy Debuffs, slows, stuns and AoE CC).

Squadron Leader specialization deals mostly with AoE attacks (AoE Grenades, Air & Nuke Strikes).

Now I haven't gone into detail on the Trees as far as talents go, but given the time if anyone has some good ideas I'd love to hear them. And if we can get some good feedback from our community maybe in some way we can get at least the idea of a pilot or officer as a playable class in the foreseeable future.

Jedi Master Taylor

i know this off topic but how did u get that signature

Interesting idea, and in line with game lore. Give one of the advanced classes a healing or tanking spec so you're not adding two more pure dps AC's into the game.

And don't sweat those people saying that 8 AC's are already too difficult to balance. If this game expands, it will add new classes/advanced classes.

• 2 weeks later...

The obvious being the wookie.

Wookies could go sith or republic.

Crossbow

Vibroswords

Warcrys etc...

Voice work would be a breeze lol. Although repetitive. Wookies have always played second fiddle. Give them a starring role.

And yes two more stories would take a lot of time. But a wookie finding his/her way through the turmoil betweent he sith and republic to end up a famous hero or villain would be amazing.

You could start out as an arena slave and then have a chance to escape and choose your path.... Empire or Republic. Then its just a matter of building a quest line as you progress through the planets. Maybe a new world of Kashykk. to start and return to.

I like it. It is going to be a ton of work but well worth it.

Classes are fine.

Changing/Overhauling current specs might be an interesting idea but one would have to consider balances. New races would also be okay, because past voice overs there wouldnt be many changes required.

Bottom line is this: Bioware HAS a solid product that has prettymuch everything we are here for and want with the exception of a few areas that are lacking (Namely endgame content and PVP related goodies). Assuming they listen to their player base and work hard at delivering what we are asking for, I see no reason for them to not find the time to introduce extra things or even expansion packs in the future.

Edited by rweiowjerwei

• 1 month later...

Or better still as i n swg

1) Player fortifications or house building (where you can place loot such as pictures and stuff

2) Crafter, Dancer and Doctor classes for buffs, Rangers for pets and camping outside

3) More world pvp rather then on pointless remote planets that no one has ever heard before and frankly not worth fighting over

4) New planets LOK and DANTOINE (or what ever the spelling is) and NABOO just for starters

5) More terminal missons

6) bound to be an uplift to level 60 or 80 at some point

7) World events

8) More virtual community inworld stuff to have a reason to be in the capitals or cantina apart from rest xp

Edited by WessexFox