How is wildstar doing?

BrianAC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so long ago people were laughing at those who paid for the SWTOR CE's too. And now they're suddenly worth money again.

I'm sure ESO will get there in time as well. :D

the swtor ces are worth money?? when and why???

and i too am sure ESO will be just like SWTOR is... free to play... real soon!!

i am very glad i got into the beta for that game. they used SWGs character creation screen and SWG:NGE's combat

and over the shoulder view B^P horrible horrible game!! only good part about it IS the character creation... after that it goes down hill real fast!!!

How about now? Is it F2P now?

as for Wild Star from what i have heard it is doing perty good.

nope

Edited by Edzew

Not so long ago people were laughing at those who paid for the SWTOR CE's too. And now they're suddenly worth money again.

I'm sure ESO will get there in time as well. :D

I have both the SWTOR and ESO collector's editions. I love both of them. Especially the ESO one. While the game isn't great, the CE itself is absolutely amazing, and probably my favorite out of my collection. The box is really nice, I really like the map (have all of my Elder Scrolls maps from all the games set up), the statue is cool, but the best part of it is the guide to the empire. It is amazing, and next to the Skyrim art book, my favorite piece of my collectors edition collection.

As for Wildstar, I don't think the game is doing to hot. They just announced they are no longer providing new content every month. Servers are ghost towns, and the forums are nothing but negativity (like, more so then here).

the swtor ces are worth money?? when and why???

http://www.ebay.ca/ctg/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-/108793472

Here you go, bud. Enjoy the wonders of technology. You might have also figured it out if you ever read posts from people who said they wanted to buy one, but considered them to be too expensive.

and like i said before you cant just go and log into the SWGEMU you need to have the original discs and most people don't have their original discs from 10 years ago... and most people dont want to spend $100 for a new copy of those discs... and yes that is how much they go for.... used are cheaper but you don't know what you are getting when it comes to a used pc game cd from 10 years ago and you are still spending around 40 bucks for it used!

Since you posted that on the other thread. Maybe you wanna get one of these? :)

http://popular.ebay.com/dvds-movies/star-wars/star-wars-galaxies.htm

Edited by Callaron

I ran out of steam with this game, it's fun but I just don't have the time to do the end game stuff. With swtor I can pug raids and get the best gear, there's no way in hell I could do this in WS.

I think they're making a big mistake only focusing on veterans and hard core content. I don't believe they should 'dumb it down' I just think they should provide both.

As for Wildstar, I don't think the game is doing to hot. They just announced they are no longer providing new content every month. Servers are ghost towns, and the forums are nothing but negativity (like, more so then here).

It's possible to be MORE negative than they are here?

:eek:

Dear God, what must that look like...

I do have to respect Carbine's transparency with actual explanations to things.

I respect his willingness to be transparent with the connection between his work and personal life.

Of course, it wasn't as transparent as it could have been as Wildstar's declining performance no doubt was part of the reasons why he chose to, or was forced to, step down.

Edited by Projawa

I respect his willingness to be transparent with the connection between his work and personal life.

Of course, it wasn't as transparent as it could have been as Wildstar's declining performance no doubt was part of the reasons why he chose to, or was forced to, step down.

Dude has/had cancer.

I'd say that's reason enough to step down.

http://www.ebay.ca/ctg/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-/108793472

Here you go, bud. Enjoy the wonders of technology. You might have also figured it out if you ever read posts from people who said they wanted to buy one, but considered them to be too expensive.]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-/301291886368?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4626655720

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-NOT-COMPLETE-/151393983740?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item233fc8dcfc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-Factory-sealed-/281419448099?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4185e7ff23

don't look like they are flying off the shelf at a huge price to me... and again why would they be worth a lot of money??

o yea and the galaxies discs there on ebay that are actually a decent price are all used! i.e. opened. not gunna pay for used and opened. i mean if you want to pay for opened and used PC games go right ahead :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-/301291886368?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4626655720

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-NOT-COMPLETE-/151393983740?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item233fc8dcfc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Collectors-Edition-PC-2011-Factory-sealed-/281419448099?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4185e7ff23

don't look like they are flying off the shelf at a huge price to me... and again why would they be worth a lot of money??

o yea and the galaxies discs there on ebay that are actually a decent price are all used! i.e. opened. not gunna pay for used and opened. i mean if you want to pay for opened and used PC games go right ahead :p

How so? This guy lists it as factory sealed http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Galaxies-An-Empire-Divided-PC-CD-Game-W-Box-Manuals-Sealed-Discs-/161402088868#viTabs_0

The jewel case with the disc games are still factory sealed. The box and manuals are included with some shelf wear to the box.

Doesn't seem all that expensive either. And based on his feedback score, he seems like a trustworthy seller. Unless you want a pristine box and manual too?

And the other auctions aren't finished yet. Most people tend to bid when the auction's getting close to its end.

This one is getting there, currently it's going for $75.

Besides, why wouldn't one of you SWG vets burn a few copies of the discs and distribute them at cost in the interest of keeping your game (EMU) alive? I always see you guys claiming what a tight knit community you were.

Edited by Callaron

Besides, why wouldn't one of you SWG vets burn a few copies of the discs and distribute them at cost in the interest of keeping your game (EMU) alive? I always see you guys claiming what a tight knit community you were.

Because it is illegal?

And running an emulator isn't...?

It's not your typical emulator.

Basically what they've done is reverse engineer the code. Somehow, that's not illegal.

But that's really besides the point, imo.

If people wanted to play SWG because it was so vastly better than SWTOR, they would've spent the money to get it.

Excuses such as "I'm not going to pay for a used game" are laughable at best and we can all see through them. People just want to whine and they think that because they are ex-SWG players they have a legitimate reason to do so.

Edited by TheNahash

It's not your typical emulator.

Basically what they've done is reverse engineer the code. Somehow, that's not illegal.

But that's really besides the point, imo.

If people wanted to play SWG because it was so vastly better than SWTOR, they would've spent the money to get it.

Excuses such as "I'm not going to pay for a used game" are laughable at best and we can all see through them. People just want to whine and they think that because they are ex-SWG players they have a legitimate reason to do so.

Ah, probably one of those grey areas.

And yeah, it sounds like you're onto something there. :)

I quit about 2 months in due to really, really, really bad performance issues.10-12 FPS maximum, with all the graphics turned down and cores unparked. Even a lot people with very nice gaming rigs were having issues.

It seems a lot of people left for that reason, too.

Besides the optimization/performance issues, I found the game excellent and refreshing. If they ever get around to fixing it, I'd love to give it another shot.

Is that the official word from Sony legal?

Q. Is SWGEmu legal?

A. This question pops up about once per month on our forums, but the never changing answer is simply, yes. Understand, there is a fine line which SWGEmu has yet to cross. Since SWGEmu doesn't distribute any of Sony Online Entertainment's copyrighted material, it does not break any copyright laws. SWGEmu works very hard to stay within it's legal right to produce it's software, and will do it's best to never include copyrighted materials, or infringe on any software patents.

source: SWGEmu

Q. Is SWGEmu legal?

A. This question pops up about once per month on our forums, but the never changing answer is simply, yes. Understand, there is a fine line which SWGEmu has yet to cross. Since SWGEmu doesn't distribute any of Sony Online Entertainment's copyrighted material, it does not break any copyright laws. SWGEmu works very hard to stay within it's legal right to produce it's software, and will do it's best to never include copyrighted materials, or infringe on any software patents.

source: SWGEmu

Hey, a source, not just some baseless internet claim. Most excellent.