Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spent around 50k at the trainer for skills that I already earned.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just spent around 50k at the trainer for skills that I already earned.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
12.03.2014 , 02:59 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Although there may have been some skills that would require training with the implementation of Disciplines, it does seem (due to these reports) that it may be wider spread than that. We are looking into this now and once I have more info I will pass it on.

-eric
Thank the maker. I definitely can't afford to do that across 11 toons. On re-training skills and buying the new levels of crew skills, I dropped a few hundred K before I even fired a single shot on Rishi!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Devako
12.03.2014 , 03:18 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
Thank the maker. I definitely can't afford to do that across 11 toons. On re-training skills and buying the new levels of crew skills, I dropped a few hundred K before I even fired a single shot on Rishi!
Yea this needs fixed fast, the cost of training is already ridiculous enough leveling up but this new issue is a joke. I hope they fix this asap because my training for my level 50-60 characters is on hold until they do...not everyone that plays has time to grind dailies all day just to pay for new skills, especially when the new dailies are like what? 5-7k payouts? and my level 38-50 alt's training is like 13k-25K or more per skill rank up, lol no thanks.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Oeilduciel
12.03.2014 , 03:57 PM | #163
What an unpleasant surprise.
I didn't paid attention there's a cost at first and so i ruined the money of two of my characters.
If i was more cautious i would have avoided to stupidly spend my money in skills i earned before for free, not mentionning the fact that their price are outrageous!
I don't earn so much money per day as i'm a casual player usually, so wasting it like this hurt.

I expect we'll get some refund when this bug will be fixed, but as it's EA at the command i can always dream to see a gesture from them.

Seeing this just cut me all envies to play with this game now as well as to renew my subscription.

Mariojediwookie
12.03.2014 , 04:00 PM | #164
The kicker for me was telling me I had to pay for speeder license on my toon that I paid cartel coins for when I first played this game 8 months ago. I mean seriously.......I actually paid you REAL money for the skill and you want me to pay credits? I'm disappointed in the BETA testers, come on this is pretty simple to see and understand why it's not a good idea.

Surprised they didn't make me pay for my strongholds again.......wait I may be giving you devs more ideas.......

JoeeyyMagzz
12.03.2014 , 04:25 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Mariojediwookie View Post
The kicker for me was telling me I had to pay for speeder license on my toon that I paid cartel coins for when I first played this game 8 months ago. I mean seriously.......I actually paid you REAL money for the skill and you want me to pay credits? I'm disappointed in the BETA testers, come on this is pretty simple to see and understand why it's not a good idea.

Surprised they didn't make me pay for my strongholds again.......wait I may be giving you devs more ideas.......
The beta testers were obviously well selected. Can we get an update on this, please? I will not pay 300k on average per toon for abilities that I already trained. The worst part about this is that I guarantee they do not refund any of your money back. Have fun wasting your credits people, I will not.

LordArtemis
12.03.2014 , 04:30 PM | #166
It may be difficult to issue refunds. I can't personally remember any time when they offered refunds, but I might be mistaken about that.

Deewe
12.03.2014 , 04:43 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It may be difficult to issue refunds. I can't personally remember any time when they offered refunds, but I might be mistaken about that.
They do record every purchase you do so would they want to they can refund everyone.

Not saying it's an easy task but it can certainly be done,
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

EricMusco
12.03.2014 , 04:50 PM | #168 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Ok so I have an update on the training/re-training of abilities with the launch of 3.0. With all of the changes that hit with 3.0 to Disciplines, it is intended that there are abilities that need to be trained/re-trained. Here are some of the criteria that could cause this to happen:
  • If an existing ability changed, in name or functionality. This could especially affect Disciplines which used to share an overlapping name and set of abilities, such as Lethality Sniper/Operative.
  • We adjusted at what level you would acquire certain ranks of skills. If you are a character pre-55 you may be training skills at ranks that were previously unavailable.
  • In some cases we moved abilities from the Base Class to the Advanced Class or vice-versa. This technically means you could have to retrain an ability you already had, since it changed where/how you got it.
I had not realized the scope of abilities that would need to be trained or I would have been more proactive in alerting everyone to this prior to 3.0. With this in mind, the need to train/re-train abilities in 3.0 is intended and therefore we are not planning on making any changes at this time. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Essence_of_Light
12.03.2014 , 04:52 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Ok so I have an update on the training/re-training of abilities with the launch of 3.0. With all of the changes that hit with 3.0 to Disciplines, it is intended that there are abilities that need to be trained/re-trained. Here are some of the criteria that could cause this to happen:
  • If an existing ability changed, in name or functionality. This could especially affect Disciplines which used to share an overlapping name and set of abilities, such as Lethality Sniper/Operative.
  • We adjusted at what level you would acquire certain ranks of skills. If you are a character pre-55 you may be training skills at ranks that were previously unavailable.
  • In some cases we moved abilities from the Base Class to the Advanced Class or vice-versa. This technically means you could have to retrain an ability you already had, since it changed where/how you got it.
I had not realized the scope of abilities that would need to be trained or I would have been more proactive in alerting everyone to this prior to 3.0. With this in mind, the need to train/re-train abilities in 3.0 is intended and therefore we are not planning on making any changes at this time. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric
Thanks for the update, Eric.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

Nothematic
12.03.2014 , 04:54 PM | #170
Eric, in the future please ask the team to reduce the costs to 1 credit or even free when such substantial changes are being made. I've spent hundreds of thousands of credits on one character alone - god forbid how much I'll have to spend on my 11 other alts.
Coastas - 70 Marauder | Confidential - 70 Operative
[DARTH MALGUS]