Taking to the stage.

Tromador

I bought the Mek-sha stage and the cantina performers bundle, thinking to make a stage with well, performers.

Does anyone know of a method to make the performers stand ON the stage? They want to stand on the floor, which is below the level of the stage.

// Empty stage + Performers with no stage = Wasted my money.

Basically, no. BW has yet to give us an update to the deco system in spite of there being a number of requests for QOL improvements.

We need a Z axis slider, so decos such as the stage can be used for their designed purpose, and we need the offset increased to +/-40, at least.

We need a Z axis slider, so decos such as the stage can be used for their designed purpose, and we need the offset increased to +/-40, at least.

Negative Z doesn't seem very useful in most cases, since that would *lower* the decoration, and it seems the most common request is to be able to *raise* them. Of course it would let you hide posters inside walls or rugs inside floors, if you have a reason to want to reach 100% decorated without actually adding more visible decorations (see also: a recent request for a decoration that's only visible in Edit mode(1)).

OK, never mind, carry on.

(1) It seems like the sort of request that is unlikely to be acted on, since 100% decoratedness doesn't seem to have any game-mechanical value any more.

Negative Z doesn't seem very useful in most cases, since that would *lower* the decoration, and it seems the most common request is to be able to *raise* them. Of course it would let you hide posters inside walls or rugs inside floors, if you have a reason to want to reach 100% decorated without actually adding more visible decorations (see also: a recent request for a decoration that's only visible in Edit mode(1)).

OK, never mind, carry on.

(1) It seems like the sort of request that is unlikely to be acted on, since 100% decoratedness doesn't seem to have any game-mechanical value any more.

Steve, sometimes I think you are intentionally obtuse. To anyone familiar with stronghold decorating, of which I know you are, they know that the current interface only allows for X and Y adjustments along a flat plane. Z axis adjustments would allow us to move the object perpendicular to that plane. Thus, because adjustments are made on a scale of -20 to +20, with 0 being the center of the decoration hook, the Z axis would allow us to move the object up to -20 below and up to +20 above that plane with 0 being on the plane. Yes, that means we could lower an object into the ground or place it into a wall with negative numbers. It also means we could raise the object above the group or move it away from the wall with positive numbers. Ideally, we would also have yaw and pitch adjustments, which would allow for some truly imaginative decorating. Alas we are stuck with this two-dimensional system.

You're both being a bit obtuse. There's no reason to suggest that the Z axis would have to have a negative value just because the X and Y axis's do. Or that the zero point of the Z axis would need to be at the floor or wall.

The Z axis could simply have it's zero point at some distance above the floor or outside of a wall, or more likely, just be limited to only + values.

Edited by JediQuaker

You're both being a bit obtuse. There's no reason to suggest that the Z axis would have to have a negative value just because the X and Y axis's do. Or that the zero point of the Z axis would need to be at the floor or wall.

The Z axis could simply have it's zero point at some distance above the floor or outside of a wall, or more likely, just be limited to only + values.

Right, because within the context of the system that we have that makes so much sense.

Steve, sometimes I think you are intentionally obtuse. To anyone familiar with stronghold decorating, of which I know you are, they know that the current interface only allows for X and Y adjustments along a flat plane. Z axis adjustments would allow us to move the object perpendicular to that plane. Thus, because adjustments are made on a scale of -20 to +20, with 0 being the center of the decoration hook, the Z axis would allow us to move the object up to -20 below and up to +20 above that plane with 0 being on the plane. Yes, that means we could lower an object into the ground or place it into a wall with negative numbers. It also means we could raise the object above the group or move it away from the wall with positive numbers. Ideally, we would also have yaw and pitch adjustments, which would allow for some truly imaginative decorating. Alas we are stuck with this two-dimensional system.

No, I'm not at all obtuse here. As you note, I'm well aware of the current X, Y and Yaw ("Rotation") adjustments, and that they have +/-. And I'm *also* quite aware of what Z adjustment would mean. Indeed, that was more or less 1000% my point: negatve Z would push the decoration into the surface (floor, wall, ceiling), while positive would "lift" it away.

And yes, pitch and roll (not yaw, because that is the current "Rotation" thing(1)) would be able to produce some fairly wild effects, including fairly obvious things like chairs tipped on their sides, ground-standing banner poles leaning against walls, etc.

Strictly speaking, what we are currently stuck with is a "three degrees of freedom" system (X, Y, Yaw), whereas you're suggesting adding the missing three (Z, Pitch, Roll).

And I'm agreeing with that suggestion.

(1) I'm using these terms as they are used in the context of aircraft:

* Yaw is turning left / right, as you do in a car.

* Roll is turning on a horizontal axis, as when a plane banks.

* Pitch is turning on the other horizontal axis, as when a plane puts its nose up (to climb) or down (to dive).

No, I'm not at all obtuse here. As you note, I'm well aware of the current X, Y and Yaw ("Rotation") adjustments, and that they have +/-. And I'm *also* quite aware of what Z adjustment would mean. Indeed, that was more or less 1000% my point: negatve Z would push the decoration into the surface (floor, wall, ceiling), while positive would "lift" it away.

And yes, pitch and roll (not yaw, because that is the current "Rotation" thing(1)) would be able to produce some fairly wild effects, including fairly obvious things like chairs tipped on their sides, ground-standing banner poles leaning against walls, etc.

Strictly speaking, what we are currently stuck with is a "three degrees of freedom" system (X, Y, Yaw), whereas you're suggesting adding the missing three (Z, Pitch, Roll).

And I'm agreeing with that suggestion.

(1) I'm using these terms as they are used in the context of aircraft:

* Yaw is turning left / right, as you do in a car.

* Roll is turning on a horizontal axis, as when a plane banks.

* Pitch is turning on the other horizontal axis, as when a plane puts its nose up (to climb) or down (to dive).

Perhaps I mistook your meaning, and if so then I apologize, and I did misuse pitch and yaw. I too meant pitch, roll, and yaw in the aeronautical sense. Aside from the extensive decorating possibilities that negative Z would allow, there are a number of hooks that cause wall decos to float away from the wall. Negative Z would allow us to correct for some of the haphazard hook placements. Having done extensive modding in Elder Scrolls games, where we have to ability to fully rotate an object, this decorating system feels very limiting. Z axis alone would be great. Full 3D manipulation would be even better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rocking the mic yourself is fun.

To do this as is you'd need to find either an elevated NPC like the Sith Sorc (forget it's name) and\or a hook that is just barely beneath floor level like the entrance to the downstairs foyer in NS.

Simple solution via the dev team would be to give\sell us pedastools we can mount thngs on so they hover like the starship models. Would still be able to take advantage of the loose clipping in the graphics engine without cumbersome new boundary points which is a huge pain in the butt and why this isn't currently allowed I'm guessing.

Edited by Taliesihne

• 1 month later...
Yeah this is something that has bugged me since the Bounty Holding Cell, with feel disappearing through floors etc. Be nice, and I know programming would prohibit it probably, for some decos to have hooks actually on them, or maybe an incremental height option for the height of the floor hooks, elevate them to a level equal to your stage or other plaftorm, thereby lining it up realistically? I know they are capable of putting hooks on different levels as we have seen on the strongholds we have. Edited by Vigilanis

I totally agree.

Even decorations placed on the "bare floors" of some stronghold areas are missing the bottoms/feet because the floor is higher. For example, the floor of the Manaan SH along the sides of the hallway on the 1st floor and through out the 2nd floor room (with the open ceiling).

Also, having the ability to raise the height of the decos would enable us to reliably place the kneeling decos (like the meditative padawan) on top of other decorations, like a couch or chair.