The Underlurker is a buggy female dog.

Okay so we basically spent 3 hours this week trying to get this thing down on HM (after first-timing the walkers).

The result: out of maybe 35 tries, 30 wipes were entirely on the bugged mechanics of the underlurker.

To be more specific:

1. why on earth does the DD replacing the off-tank in phase 3 behind the boss gets one-shottet (green cross, regardless of CDs) with a hit that not even a full equipped tank could have withstood. We ended up using sorceres for the first crosses with force barrier to avoid this bug.

2. Why is the damage coming in after a green cross almost as high as if it was red and the group can basically only survive if you take a PT with you.

3. Why is the Cross red eventhough everyone was 100% in the right place and the boss didn't even turn a degree (you know what bug I have in mind here).

So in short: why is it so god damn hard to fix a simple boss mechanics script? This is just frustrating. The week before we were lucky and had a kill after a few tries, but this week was horrifiyng.

1) See below. Always pop a DCD just in case. They can survive it if everyone is topped off.

2) Damage always goes out after green cross however it's random 8 attacks going out and can hit the same person if unlucky. If having trouble use an Operative and use Evasion and stand in front every time. Also rebounds are always good.

3)Just like Kiting Raptus, or CZ Gravity field make sure to jump to update position.

Edited by FerkWork

You do have the main tank alternate front and rear positions, right? This is needed in HM or he will get 1-shotted. We use an Operative healer (with evasion) to take the front of the cross on the even numbered crosses, while the main tank takes the rear on those. On the odd numbered crosses, the main tank of course takes the front while a "tanky" dps (usually the other tank that has specced into DPS and has a good DPS set) takes the rear. Even then, be prepared to have the guy in the rear use DCDs, as it can still hit like a truck. Also, as mentioned before, have the off-tank in DPS spec (or alternatively, the main tank) use rebounders just before the cross channel ends to mitigate some damage.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

My group will usually have me on my Scrapper Scoundrel take the front every time to reduce a lot of the damage for the cross. Spec into the utility to reduce the cool down of dodge/evasion every time they get attacked, and it will be up for every single cross. Just need to hit it with 1-2 seconds left in the cast, and it bounced off.

Doesn't solve other problems though, so using things like sonic rebounder are fantastic. Abilities like the Guardian/Jugg aoe taunt shield or sniper/slinger bubble help a lot too.

The fight is buggy, but other things that have been suggested would also help a lot, like jumping.

Color almost doesn't matter, I've seen people die while in the cross and get green, and have people take almost no damage and all be in the right places and get red.

Did you die running into rocks that are already on the ground?

To the rotating green AOEs from the rocks?

Not yet? Well, have fun ;-)

Only operative in front works really well. I used to take offtanking position as a mara and use predation for slows back in a day, was quite reliable, too. But now i think things got worse... :mad: