World Progression Thread: 8-Man Watchman Sentinel/Annihilation Marauder Team Ops

New progression thread for 8 man operations using only Watchman Sents/Anni Maras.

But not really, <The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> are tentatively claiming world first clears of 5/5 EC SM 8-man, 5/5 KP SM 8-man and 4/5 TFB SM using only watchman sentinels. Going for a 7/7 SnV SM tomorrow night. Pics to come after we recover.

DP NiM? Pfft. Hateful Entity? Pfft. Trying to carry bads through GF OPs? Pfft., 8-man Watchman Sents/Anni Maras is where it's at.

Show me what you got.

New progression thread for 8 man operations using only Watchman Sents/Anni Maras.

But not really, <The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> are tentatively claiming world first clears of 5/5 EC SM 8-man, 5/5 KP SM 8-man and 4/5 TFB SM using only watchman sentinels. Going for a 7/7 SnV SM tomorrow night. Pics to come after we recover.

DP NiM? Pfft. Hateful Entity? Pfft. Trying to carry bads through GF OPs? Pfft., 8-man Watchman Sents/Anni Maras is where it's at.

Show me what you got.

Back when <Chosen> was still around (before NiM DF) we went 5/5 in both NiM EV & KP with Anni Maras. We easily downed Zorn in Toth in NiM EC as well but the tanks proved difficult.

What was the issue on the Terror in TfB? And, I am anxious to see how S&V goes.

Irisa was doing this kind on 16 man with all sentinals like a year ago on tofn, hardly a new idea.

16 man is easier because more sentinels for more healing, cool downs and bodies to soak damage.

Oof, Terror sucked because we were pretty tired and couldn't coordinate our "tanks" to deal with the Terror hitting them. As we get more and more time to play around, hopefully moving to HM's and seeing how far we can go. Seeing as there is barely any challenging content out these days, may as well do something fun. Curious to know how you dealt with fall damage in EV? Split up and leap to power sources?

We were pretty bad at mechanics so kinda just tried to brute force through everything with sheer dps, hence just the SM runs.

SnV should be pretty straightforward apart from warlords we think.

Edited by Afieri

16 man is easier because more sentinels for more healing, cool downs and bodies to soak damage.

Oof, Terror sucked because we were pretty tired and couldn't coordinate our "tanks" to deal with the Terror hitting them. As we get more and more time to play around, hopefully moving to HM's and seeing how far we can go. Seeing as there is barely any challenging content out these days, may as well do something fun. Curious to know how you dealt with fall damage in EV? Split up and leap to power sources?

We were pretty bad at mechanics so kinda just tried to brute force through everything with sheer dps, hence just the SM runs.

SnV should be pretty straightforward apart from warlords we think.

As I recall, we only had ~3 left alive by the time we got the Soa kill. We split into two groups and actually used Deadly Saber/Overload Saber before the leaps to apply DoTs to the powers sources and used Berserk/Zen to force crits and heals during the fall phase.

I think you'll have a fairly easy time moving through HMs. Incidentally, I know many of us switched to a pretty high crit build - 500+ crit rating - as well for more heals as DPS was never an issue.

As an aside, when we got to NiM Tanks in EC we were all tired, and we struggled to have our 'tank' Maras execute mechanics and maintain threat. It became an exercise in coordinate force camo. Still, we felt it was a doable fight. We were worried about NiM Kephess though.

As I recall, we only had ~3 left alive by the time we got the Soa kill. We split into two groups and actually used Deadly Saber/Overload Saber before the leaps to apply DoTs to the powers sources and used Berserk/Zen to force crits and heals during the fall phase.

I think you'll have a fairly easy time moving through HMs. Incidentally, I know many of us switched to a pretty high crit build - 500+ crit rating - as well for more heals as DPS was never an issue.

As an aside, when we got to NiM Tanks in EC we were all tired, and we struggled to have our 'tank' Maras execute mechanics and maintain threat. It became an exercise in coordinate force camo. Still, we felt it was a doable fight. We were worried about NiM Kephess though.

Using higher crit rating is a very good idea, completely forgot about that. We only had 6 people on for all our runs up until OP IX when we had to gather reinforcements. Myself and another sent only had 97% acc because we switched from combat.

Terror poses a few issues though, requires people to actually be on some sort of A game to notice the terror is hitting them and to bail off the platform, as well as not having consistent healing. Definitely doable, just requires more concentration than we put into this run :p.

Irisa was doing this kind on 16 man with all sentinals like a year ago on tofn, hardly a new idea.

I should have in my archive area the TST opener we all used on Bonethrasher. We almost crashed the server with so many sabers flying around :D. It was good fun and we will try hateful entity with 16 sentinels for Christmas :D.

I should have in my archive area the TST opener we all used on Bonethrasher. We almost crashed the server with so many sabers flying around :D. It was good fun and we will try hateful entity with 16 sentinels for Christmas :D.

WICKED WAS CHEATING, HE PLAYED COMBAT

I also approve of this idea, the game needs more sentinels.

this have to happen :) aka sign me up (I learned Watchman so its all good)

Edited by IamWICKED

We did a 16m KP SM nearly all sents (2 guardians... so all knights) several weeks ago and I got a screenshot of the TSTs on Bonethrasher... sheer awesomeness!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wigjd72tka3mir9/Screenshot_2014-08-08_22_17_23_223343.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Immortal-nite

We did a 16m KP SM nearly all sents (2 guardians... so all knights) several weeks ago and I got a screenshot of the TSTs on Bonethrasher... sheer awesomeness!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wigjd72tka3mir9/Screenshot_2014-08-08_22_17_23_223343.jpg?dl=0

Pics are so oldskool! This is what you need, SIR!

PS: this is probably the best tanking you will ever see in this game! Watch the video to the end! #bestshadowtankEU!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

• 2 weeks later...
We ran again, cleared all of DF and Half of DP until 8 Gore Ravages crashed the server.

This is the best highlight of the night: http://www.twitch.tv/clickxx_swtor/c/5237277

Damn, 75 second kill for draxus

I wonder if you could do it faster with a boatload of deception sins...

Im guessing you're saving the non-marauder shenanigans for later though. (as in, nothing but sages, for example)

Anyway, kills this fast won't come again till post 3.0. I blame the bug that almost removes the need for accuracy on carnage spec.

Edited by TACeMossie

I started this thread because borrrreeeeedddd but out of curiosity, seeing as 8 man mara stuff is actually quite viable, do people want to make a competition out of this? I'm not sure how you would do it, maybe clears for 8 people in each spec or some weird stuff like that? Anyways, seeing as 3.0 hasn't even been announced yet and it will be a fair while before it comes out, we got plenty of time to nut out the deets. Post opinions and more mara vids here!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...