Sword Squadron HM Gravity Missile Mechanic?

Hi folks - we're running our first 16 man HM run tomorrow for TOS. I'm trying to study up - and on Sword Squadron I'm reading that only 8 get pulled into the gravity missile. How do those 8 folks get selected? Is it random? Is it proximity?

Also - in that fight I'm so used to the "cross formation" post-gravity missile in 8 man. How do folks typically stand in 16 man? Is still the same cross formation for 8 people, and then spreading the ranged DPSers around the edges like a box? We will have a DPS comp of 3 melee and 7 ranged.

Thanks - I'm assuming that the 8 closest folks to the gravity missile are "it"? How did you prioritize who jumped in? DPS? Healers?

We designated 8 of the dps to stand near the middle to make sure that neither of the tanks get it and we tried to avoid healers getting it so they can just focus on healing.

• 1 month later...

Just give all the melee and heals assigned spots to run to and everything will be fine. The splash damage from the gravity bombs ONLY applies to other people with gravity bombs (the 8 that got sucked in) so it doesn't matter if you splash onto people that didn't get sucked in.

Its important to keep people clear of the middle area where the suck in mechanic occurs to precent someone from dropping an AOE there before the suck in which can / will wipe out the 8 that get sucked in. But the suck in mechanic also wont target a tank if he has a aoe attack targeting him, like the blue rapid fire aoes...so as long as the spot is clear before you go in, it will be clear when you leave it.

It's a little bit of a cluster anytime you're doing 16m but with the lower DPS check this inst too hard as far as HM goes. GL! Hint: you can "hide" a low dps by having them run bombs, assuming they are mechanically sound and can pay attention to the timer.