Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does Treek compare to other heal and tank companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How does Treek compare to other heal and tank companions?

Cernow
08.08.2013 , 07:55 AM | #1
How does Treek compare to other healer and tank companions in the game? Better, worse or about the same?

I don't need Treek for levelling, most of my characters are 55 so it would mostly be for getting through dailies efficiently and taking on heroic content solo, for the challenge.

Just wondering if it's worth stumping up the credits (I have the legacy level) and gearing Treek up. Or when the post-patch novelty wears off will Treek just be a sat around on my ship like a neglected stuffed toy because other companions do a better job?

Callaron
08.08.2013 , 07:57 AM | #2
There's already a few threads about it (some still on this page).
From what everyone seems to be saying, Treek is an awesome healer - better than the existing ones, and with much more survivability than most of them, she even tosses out the occasional heal while in Tank mode.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Suromir
08.08.2013 , 07:58 AM | #3
I have him on 3 chars. only one is 55 though and I haven't geared him up yet since he only starts with lvl 10 blues.

on my other characters he outperformed both Qyzen and T7 as a tank..allowing me to solo H4's because he heals himself.

That doesn't help your question but..I'd imagine he'll perform relatively the same against like-geared tank companions since he heals himself during fights better then any other tank can.

haven't used him as healer yet

yes Treek is a "she" not "he" I know that.....brain not awake yet

FromTheDuDe
08.08.2013 , 07:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
There's already a few threads about it (some still on this page).
From what everyone seems to be saying, Treek is an awesome healer - better than the existing ones, and with much more survivability than most of them, she even tosses out the occasional heal while in Tank mode.
I haven't used her but eh, I don't see how she'd be anything better then already established healers simply because don't they all use the same A.I.? I'd just like to see a small buff across the field for all of them in the A.I. section(like iunno me being 1 little foot outside their healing range and instead of them moving ever so slightly to heal they instead just fire their blasters like crazy).

Lionflash
08.08.2013 , 08:03 AM | #5
Is there a down-side to Treek? I've heard everyone say that she's the best tank and has the best heals but what about damage? I know she has no DPS stance and that isn't her role, but I mean when compared to say... Kaliyo in tank stance, does she atleast do more damage? To give the other companions some area where they excell?

Or is Treek the best companion in the game right now hands down? If that's true it offends me on 2 levels...

Callaron
08.08.2013 , 08:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Is there a down-side to Treek? I've heard everyone say that she's the best tank and has the best heals but what about damage? I know she has no DPS stance and that isn't her role, but I mean when compared to say... Kaliyo in tank stance, does she atleast do more damage? To give the other companions some area where they excell?

Or is Treek the best companion in the game right now hands down? If that's true it offends me on 2 levels...
No idea about her damage.
It seems the "unlockable" companions are superior to our existing ones though, HK is the best DPS companion, and now Treek seems to be the best healer (and possibly tank as well).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

bannsider
08.08.2013 , 08:20 AM | #7
Treek has better AI and programming than the comparisons that were designed years ago for launch, I would fully expect her and future companions to be slightly better