Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

March 27th Maintenance

ratatech
03.26.2012 , 11:44 PM | #21
Hi all,
I think this is great since it means everyone except the whiners are happy since we get to play the game while maintenance is happening and the weekly maintenance stills goes ahead! This would not have been possible with the now shutdown Star Wars Galaxies and with all the bugs and glitches the old SWG had the maintenance would have likely been double the normal time for SWTOR.So to all whiners on this thread shut up and enjoy being able to play the game while the weekly maintenance happens!

glenbruton
03.26.2012 , 11:56 PM | #22
This is ridiculous! maintenance time is when I do my laundry! Now I'll be naked at work tomorrow!

Mezla
03.27.2012 , 12:00 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
So did anyone see this yet:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376078

Now how amny complaints will there be because there will be NO downtime.
What's really funny/sad is that they present it as something amazing. In every other game lack of maintenance is ordinary and they only announce when there is one.

Goretzu
03.27.2012 , 02:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CeruleanNite View Post
So did anyone see this yet:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=376078

Now how amny complaints will there be because there will be NO downtime.

None.

There will be a lot of threads and posts like yours complaining about the LACK of complaints about no down time however.

This thread is filling up with them.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Vahzl
03.27.2012 , 02:05 AM | #25
I am waiting for the next downtime maintenance, good gravy is there going to be some monumental QQ.
Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

corbanite
03.27.2012 , 02:09 AM | #26
WHen will we get maintenance feature that WoW has. This is basic feature of all MMO and bioware broke it

Vahzl
03.27.2012 , 02:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
WHen will we get maintenance feature that WoW has. This is basic feature of all MMO and bioware broke it
You mean weekly downtime at the same time every week, which causes a tonne of QQ from the night shifters and basement dwellers?

You mean that maintenance?

When are people going to understand that servers require restarts and maintenance for things like running updates, defragging, clean ups, cache clearing and other bits of tinkering so they DONT go down during key moments in your gameplay.

If you can design a server that never needs to be taken offline and can do all this stuff without interruption, and without degradation of service, you are going to be a very rich man or woman, as every mmo company in the world is going to want a piece of your tech, because right now, it doesn't exist.
Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

OddballEasyEight
03.27.2012 , 02:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Well, this will most likely be the only thread on this. Anytime it is complaint worthy to those who just like to whine, there's about 10 threads about it.
theres at least one more thread about this
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Goretzu
03.27.2012 , 02:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post
You mean weekly downtime at the same time every week, which causes a tonne of QQ from the night shifters and basement dwellers?

When are people going to understand that servers require restarts and maintenance for things like running updates, defragging, clean ups, cache clearing and other bits of tinkering so they DONT go down during key moments in your gameplay.

If you can design a server that never needs to be taken offline and can do all this stuff without interruption, and without degradation of service, you are going to be a very rich man or woman, as every mmo company in the world is going to want a piece of your tech, because right now, it doesn't exist.
He's trying to be ironic (and failing).

He's whining about the lack of whining about it basically.

There's no reason server maintance time cannot be split, other than it's more hassle for Bioware (and less hassle for constumers) though.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Urdnaxela
03.27.2012 , 02:24 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vahzl View Post

ah, yet another ignorant...

on another note: GJ BW! +1
Proud member of the Red Zone .