Ranked daily/weeklies

DarthRaistlin

We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.

So tell me, oh wise exalted one, if there was a Que, and ONLY a RANDOM Que to get into DF NiM, and you lost a token of gear for quitting said pug...

And you got someone in level 43 greens.

How would you feel?

Seriously this is one of the stupidest, Short sighted, over personalized and bigoted post i've seen on the forums.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers! :i_biggrin:

Amazing.

You've saved my ranked Que, I was planning on never Queuing solo Que again, thank you.

But, Pray tell... When is 2.7.1?

We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.

If I lost 20x in a row in RANKED, that character would be done for the season.

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

The problem with it being wins is that its going to scare off people that are kind of on the borderline of doing it. They might be in all Obroan and somewhat decent at their class and they see the daily and go "oh this requires wins, I'm probably not going to win so I just won't bother"

Have matches played is going to attract a lot more people on the borderline and get them into it in the long term even if it does attract a few more "bads".

Making 'wins only' to count the Ranked Dailies is good for the game . . .

However it will destroy the illusion for many as to unbeatable they are - to rank a winner there always need to be a loser

. . . so I fore say an upswing for the imbalance threads and a the 'Bads get out of rank' threads . . .and 'oc the nerf this and that threads . . .

Since the rules of losing in PvP is in ranking order;

1) there were 'Bads' in my team

2) we faced a cowardly FOTM team

3) so nerf this

4) or that

5) the classes are imbalanced

6) no cross server queue because all good pvpers on my server, but me, has left the game

7) the devs suck

The problem with it being wins is that its going to scare off people that are kind of on the borderline of doing it. They might be in all Obroan and somewhat decent at their class and they see the daily and go "oh this requires wins, I'm probably not going to win so I just won't bother"

Have matches played is going to attract a lot more people on the borderline and get them into it in the long term even if it does attract a few more "bads".

Don't agree with you here

Those who want a competitive game should have their own space in the game,

It's all those who never manage to lose with grace, never use self reflection on their own play and who constantly refuse to learn from experience that will shun this

Edited by t-darko

PvE relics are BiS for PvE, thanks for showing how little PvE experience you have. :rolleyes:

Point is, there are plenty of PvE players farming PvP dailies to get PvP relics, without contributing at all in the PvP match. Not everyone has super carebear knowledge.

Yeah well untill cross server becomes a thing we don't have enough of those on most servers to even make the queue pop most of the time.

So what you are saying is this; It's all those who never manage to lose with grace, never use self reflection on their own play and who constantly refuse to learn from experience that will shun this and that it is the only ones left that PvP!?

Interesting - it gonna reveal it self then . . . read my post again and think real hard, This creates a space AND A REASON for those who know and are able in PvP to be on their own play ground . . .

Edited by t-darko

thank you.

now for consistency.'s sake, about that proposed expertise requirement? requiring full exp would, btw, eliminate any need for bolster as you couldn't enter the match w/o pvp mods in every slot. no need to compensate for higher dmg pve barrels or gear gaps (conq min/max is competitive enough to eliminate loss by gear gap alone).

:rak_03:

Don't listen to this casual scrub Alex. This prevents players who know they have no chance of performing well in ranked from queuing, willing to take a beating if they know they're gonna get extra comms from the quest.

Your comment is exactly what I was talking about, that insulting elitist attitude. First you insult me, then you discount anything I've said just because you don't agree with it by saying I am "casual", which I am not. People with your attitude is what is ruining the fun of this game and PVP. Your little "club", which it is not. You can have a playstyle and legitimate opinion, but don't insult people and act like a child about it all shoving your ego into everything.

Ranked isn't about playing or gearing up. Ranked is about winning. It only makes sense that the rewards would be driven by this.

Ranked is about whatever the player want's it to be. Unfortunately too many people seem to think its an ego trip and elitist club. Which it is not. I pay 15 bucks a month for the game, so I can do Ranked if I please, for any reason I please. Yet, the Ranked que never popped in Season 1 on my server, leaving my toon qued at prime time for 3 hrs with no pop, so doesn't much matter anyway.

thank you.

now for consistency.'s sake, about that proposed expertise requirement? requiring full exp would, btw, eliminate any need for bolster as you couldn't enter the match w/o pvp mods in every slot. no need to compensate for higher dmg pve barrels or gear gaps (conq min/max is competitive enough to eliminate loss by gear gap alone).

:rak_03:

So, how do you propose fresh 55's get into a WZ then? You cant have enough comms saved to buy a full set of PVP gear the second you hit 55, so you have to PVP in half PVE gear until you can get more PVP gear. What you are saying would make it impossible to do PVP at 55.

I think the whole situation is not even supposed to be there.

Just make PVP relics NOT proccable in FP's and Ops. problem solved

NO!!!!! The Berzerker Relics are second best in slot. Most everyone I know in my HM ops has them now. They are essential. I PVP'd all week to save comms before 2.7 hit so I could get the new Relics on many of my HM Ops toons. This is an outrageous idea.

Edited by DarthVengeant

The upcoming (in 2.7.1) Ranked Missions only progress from wins. They are completed with 3 wins for the daily and 9 for the weekly. We will see how those amounts work in the wild and adjust accordingly.

Cheers! :tran_grin:

for this to work the comm count must be significant higher then in the reg dailies, and more in occurance so that these fine PvPers don't wonder off to much ...

Ranked is about whatever the player want's it to be. . .

And in this case the player want it to be about winning, it has to swing both ways . . . take a lesson from your self and allow those who want it to be about winning have their fun as well ...

So, how do you propose fresh 55's get into a WZ then? You cant have enough comms saved to buy a full set of PVP gear the second you hit 55, so you have to PVP in half PVE gear until you can get more PVP gear. What you are saying would make it impossible to do PVP at 55.

breathe deep. reread the quote. we're not talking about WZs. we're talking about rated arenas. it's the lack of gear restriction and bolster in rated that's at issue. this has absolutely zero to do with fresh 55s.

You should be careful alex, or we might start to like you.

Your comment is exactly what I was talking about, that insulting elitist attitude. First you insult me, then you discount anything I've said just because you don't agree with it by saying I am "casual", which I am not. People with your attitude is what is ruining the fun of this game and PVP. Your little "club", which it is not. You can have a playstyle and legitimate opinion, but don't insult people and act like a child about it all shoving your ego into everything.

Nothing wrong with elitism. You made a stupid comment, so you got called out for it. Don't be mad.

Ranked is about whatever the player want's it to be. Unfortunately too many people seem to think its an ego trip and elitist club. Which it is not. I pay 15 bucks a month for the game, so I can do Ranked if I please, for any reason I please. Yet, the Ranked que never popped in Season 1 on my server, leaving my toon qued at prime time for 3 hrs with no pop, so doesn't much matter anyway.

No, it's about winning. And if ranked never popped on your server, then you ARE a casual for not xferring to a real server.

That's what regs are for.... do you play this game?

NO!!!!! The Berzerker Relics are second best in slot. Most everyone I know in my HM ops has them now. They are essential. I PVP'd all week to save comms before 2.7 hit so I could get the new Relics on many of my HM Ops toons. This is an outrageous idea.

Why? PvE gear shouldn't be in PvP, and PvP gear shouldn't be in PvE. You keep basing your support/opposition for proposed game decisions on how it will affect you and your friends, not whether or not it will be good for the game as a whole.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Please Please Please make them wins only count, and you need 4 or even 6 a day.

We do not want Ranked filled with the PvE'ers in there PvE gear just taking up space to get the relics they want. It's bad enough there in regs getting killed from behind by sorcs doing there keyboard turning wondering where the dmg is coming from.

Please make it so you have to win to get credit.

I was around during release when games only counted wins.

Know what happened? If the team was not optimal and started off winning, half the people gave up while a good majority just abandoned the game assuring the loss.

With a team of 4v4 we will end up with one team recognizing a couple of good players and abandoning the game. Maybe 1 or 2 people will stick around, but that will guarantee a loss before the game even starts.

Keep it like normal warzones where loses count for half the total of a win. We do not have the population for ranked PvP to cater only for winners.

Edited by illgot

I was around during release when games only counted wins.

Know what happened? If the team was not optimal and started off winning, half the people gave up while a good majority just abandoned the game assuring the loss.

Keep it like normal warzones where loses count for half the total of a win.

This is why abandonment lockouts need to be implemented, as they were in group finder.

If not, this will simply fail again.

They should make weekly/dailies count for loses as well, but make it group only. That would probably be a nice compromise and incentive grp ranked, which is what really needs a boost.

Personally I think the Ranked missions should be team-only. There will always be 'that guy' who beats his head against the wall until something happens, and will queue over and over and over with worthless gear hoping to luck out on a win. As a result, everyone's rating suffers.

By restricting these dailies to team-only, your teammates already know the gear you're coming in with, and you won't be robbing the real PvPers of their rating.

I don't think losses should count towards the daily or the weekly, but I do think that the Ranked PvP missions should be restricted to team-queue.

Edited by idnewton

Point is, there are plenty of PvE players farming PvP dailies to get PvP relics, without contributing at all in the PvP match. Not everyone has super carebear knowledge.

That word doesn't mean what you think it does, and you clearly have no idea what BiS is as well.

General rule, if you don't know what a word or term means, it's a good idea to spare yourself potential embarrassment.

This is why abandonment lockouts need to be implemented, as they were in group finder.

If not, this will simply fail again.

Lock outs don't stop people from leaving a game they think they will lose. Look at warzones. People still leave if they think their team isn't optimal or their team starts losing.

We do not have the population for ranked Warzones to cater only to winning teams.

Bioware already tried rewarding winning teams only, it failed. What makes them think it will work in ranked PvP which has a smaller player base and much smaller teams where every player counts.

Edited by illgot

Ranked is about whatever the player want's it to be. Unfortunately too many people seem to think its an ego trip and elitist club. Which it is not. I pay 15 bucks a month for the game

Oh? I thought you unsubbed. At least three times. Ranked is about winning, whether you like it or not.