Wrath and Ruin - Talon of Izax

Eriamea

Since 6.0 the end walker fight is essentially unbeatable in MM unless you are extremely lucky with the add placement. (That’s not even counting the unavoidable deaths to the adds on the way to the boss).

In the past, it was possible to use gravity mine and then fury mortar to down several adds at once. You also used to be able to one shot the small adds. However, that no longer kills them: each add needs to be shot twice (base attack or mortar), as attacks of the player do reduced damage while the adds have more health than before (see stats below). You can always stomp the close adds but it's not overall effective as the walker is too slow. In fact mortar does less single damage than the base attack. This makes it impossible to kill all the adds in time to avoid receiving important damage.

Put several waves of 4-6 adds that do 33+k of unavoidable and unrepairable damage per add and a slow walker with no defence (shield comes down immediately) and weak attacks and you end up dead in no time.

You can get to last phase only if you are lucky with add placement (if they spawn not too far from each other or if a wave gets glitched due to all spawning at the far side for example). If you get there your health will be extremely low and as you are temporarily immobilized in the red beams, you can only try to launch one last attack hoping it will kill the boss before you are hit by something, which is a matter of a few seconds (and forget killing the adds in that phase: you will die in no time if you try).

Either bump the defence, hp and and attack of the player's walker or reduce the hp and the damage the adds do.

Some comparables with 5.9:

- Player and boss hp

Then:

player health: 418k

Talon health: 650k

Now (@ level 75):

player 368k

talon: 760 k

-Adds hp and dmg:

then:

add hp: 28000

add dmg: +-33k

now:

hp 32k

dmg: +-33k

-Player dmg:

then:

player base attack: about 43k

player mortar: about 44k

now:

base: 28k (hence must hit adds more than once)

mortar: 24k

The boss having more hp is not a big issue in itself if adds get fixed: the fight will be slightly longer but it is possible to avoid most of the damage from the boss.

Completing this in MM is almost downright impossible at the moment and success is down only to pure luck with add placement and add glitching.

Edited by Eriamea

Yeah...getting to the boss was dying constantly. It was a frustrating exercise. Why even have a walker boss when a mere trooper can do 10 times the damage?

I completed it on MM but as mentioned above it was down to pure luck as the adds glitched on two waves, Even then, I had less than 1k health when I got to the last phase, yet I avoided all the damage from the boss except a few unavoidable basic attacks. The newly spawned adds killed me the instant after but pfew! I only needed to kill the boss. It still took me a few hours to complete for just a few conquest points.

Chapters are so unbalanced, especially at level 71+. Sometimes on MM, a random add within a mob will jump to you and deal over 100k damage in one shot.

Also couldn't complete the final Arcann fight on Battle for Odessen on MM: I get to last phase where you have to walk to him with the shield when he is at the top of the stairs but despite being at full health, the periodic damage is so high, I kept dying just before being able to make it Arcann.

Edited by Eriamea

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah...getting to the boss was dying constantly. It was a frustrating exercise. Why even have a walker boss when a mere trooper can do 10 times the damage?

I completed it on MM but as mentioned above it was down to pure luck as the adds glitched on two waves, Even then, I had less than 1k health when I got to the last phase, yet I avoided all the damage from the boss except a few unavoidable basic attacks. The newly spawned adds killed me the instant after but pfew! I only needed to kill the boss. It still took me a few hours to complete for just a few conquest points.

Chapters are so unbalanced, especially at level 71+. Sometimes on MM, a random add within a mob will jump to you and deal over 100k damage in one shot.

Also couldn't complete the final Arcann fight on Battle for Odessen on MM: I get to last phase where you have to walk to him with the shield when he is at the top of the stairs but despite being at full health, the periodic damage is so high, I kept dying just before being able to make it Arcann.

I dunno, I tried this again, never had trouble beating this walker in KOTET. It would throw me back to the start, and every mob I killed would respawn. I finally, gave up after trying resets, blah, blah, blah. I went back to ship and started Ossus. I know it's a hard kill, always has been. But now even when you have the tactics down...it sucks.

• 6 months later...

well i had big issues here on walker on master mode, chapter 1. first i tried avoiding some adds on the way to the shrine. cant do that, cause if you sneak past some they basically teleport after you engage some other adds later, so no way to survive like that. kill in order, smaller groups, try breaking rocket launchers.

as for the boss, avoid red AoE. when he summons rocket adds, immediately search for them and throw gravity or rocket. kill asap, every time. i managed it like that in first try.

hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had loads through there until the change,, I got 1 through in all this time,, 12 deaths and just through luck,, all on story mode..

I got my 16 year old grandson,, who is great at gaming to try,, he thinks the people who made that mess should be sacked as it holds up going through the story,, quite a few episodes and stops Sith from Keeping people alive and having a bad ending to it..

Jedi are fine skipping..

It really is an issue