[Artifice] Grade 2 artifacts

GellonSW

Can anyone recommend an ideal area to run around for these (sacred artifact)? I spent about 2 hours on Taris last night just running around and I've gotten a good amount of crystals (and other mats) but barely any artifacts (ratio seems to be every 10 crystal nodes 1 artifact). There seemed to be better balance on Grade 1 mats back on Coruscant. On the GTN I also dont see them on sale either so I'm assuming they must be super rare for some reason?

Thanks.

Edited by GellonSW

I don't know. I find artifacts okay. That said, I have an overabundance of power and color crystals, while I often have a lack of artifacts. Furthermore, my artifacts sell more on the auction house than the others.

My advice is to use crew skills if you are low on artifact fragments.

Thanks. I'm actually trying to avoid having to waste credits on something I can harvest (assuming I can find a good spot) and instead use the missions on the blue mats.

I feel your pain. The devs kept saying you should harvest all you need. But they made a big goof with archealogy.

There are too many different types of nodes so it really waters down the results

Archealogy has 1. power crystal nodes 2. color crystal nodes which can be red/blue/green 3. artifact nodes.

That means at any given repop you can get one of 5 nodes where as most gathering skills you only have ONE node that repops and then you can get random things from that one repop. So we're screwed there.