We are not paying 10k for.your crew skill mission

Duncanmcloud

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was selling missions for 500-3000 credits. From Blue to purple.

With the overnerf on Slicing you should get them for 10k. Sooner or later there won't be any more, since LOTS of people dropped the useless skill for a better one and the people that still has it only uses it for the casual yield gathering.

Kthxbye

I wish they sold at that price. My server sells most of their missions between 1k and 4k tops. It is rare to see missions any higher than that :(

With the overnerf on Slicing you should get them for 10k. Sooner or later there won't be any more, since LOTS of people dropped the useless skill for a better one and the people that still has it only uses it for the casual yield gathering.

Kthxbye

I really do hope this comes true :D

Edited by Tuqui-tuqui

Kthxbye

Problem with that theory is that the materials one gets from the missions aren't worth nearly 10k. It's a problem for crafters that will take care of itself. People will figure out that it's cheaper to get the materials they need for much less than the missions are often going for on the GTN, and then the prices will go down. If they don't, I don't really care, I'll just sit back and wonder why people are possibly overpaying so much for those missions while I get my mats from standard missions.

Well they cant complain then when a purple hilt/enhancement ends up costing 80k.

Btw on my server a lot of guys arent buying them or the over priced purple mats.

Truthfully I just want to create high end REASONABLY priced items.

Otherwise no point in being a crafter if you can't create products to sell.

I don't even see the point in the Mission Discovery missions any more. They still have a failure rate. We pay an arm and a leg for them, wait for hours on end, and still have a very high chance of getting absolutely nothing for our effort. Yea... no thanks...

It will go the other way in terms of price at least IMO .. and for only one reason: what the hell else is money for? I'm making so much cheese doing my dailies and I've run out of stuff to buy.

Not a crafter I presume. If you were tht money would br gone lol

3k is nothing and IMHO a bit low, even for lower skill level missions. I see purple missions sell for higher prices (10-25k) that are in the 300+ skill range. And realistically, any character that has a 300+ crafting skill is crafting high level items, so the prices should be high for those missions. I'm surprised some of them aren't running as high as 50k on my server yet, since that kind of coin is nothing to a high level toon.

I sell all of mine for 300 credits for blues and 600 to 800 for purples, and magically the all sell.

I have both armstech and biochem on two chars, and because I am on the crafting side, i understand the related costs of those missions and that the cash value for the mission itself is very low.

I personally only buy missions i find for less than 300 for blue. The fact that what comes out of them is usually not that spectacular and costs double the normal mission for that rank, and twice the time, i am not going to inflate the cost of the mission itself.

I also know that if i charge that much for the mission, it increases the cost of the good it produces, so i will sell the missions for low money, and count it as free money when getting lockboxes.

I sell all of mine for 300 credits for blues and 600 to 800 for purples, and magically the all sell.

As fast as they 'repop' for 5-6k.

Buying cheap, selling expensive.

Truth is I think the higher missions should be around 7-8k which is the default price for them.

But now Slicing Missions are not profitable at all, just a waste of time. So waiting for cheaper ones might be .. long.

I have both armstech and biochem on two chars, and because I am on the crafting side, i understand the related costs of those missions and that the cash value for the mission itself is very low.

I personally only buy missions i find for less than 300 for blue. The fact that what comes out of them is usually not that spectacular and costs double the normal mission for that rank, and twice the time, i am not going to inflate the cost of the mission itself.

I also know that if i charge that much for the mission, it increases the cost of the good it produces, so i will sell the missions for low money, and count it as free money when getting lockboxes.

I hope your on my server, people like you help people like me make money. I buy your under priced product and then sell at high price. And people wonder how to make money in this game. I hope more people follow your ideas, the market is small enough to control and set the price. Thanks for the credits btw.

3k is nothing and IMHO a bit low, even for lower skill level missions. I see purple missions sell for higher prices (10-25k) that are in the 300+ skill range. And realistically, any character that has a 300+ crafting skill is crafting high level items, so the prices should be high for those missions. I'm surprised some of them aren't running as high as 50k on my server yet, since that kind of coin is nothing to a high level toon.

Reason I would never buy it for a price like that: I don't need it. It is very slightly more convenient than running several regular missions to get the same materials. It's not magic. It doesn't get me something I can't obtain elsewhere, so why would I pay any more than it costs me to get the exact same materials myself? To free up a couple of runs for my companions...not a lot of incentive.

slicers win actually as it seems now epic resources are only avaible from the discoverable missions

Not true, or at least not entirely. I was sending my ship droid out yesterday on investigation missions and got epic resources at least twice. I will admit that they are not top level missions. They are still in the grade 2 category for missions I am sending him on.

As fast as they 'repop' for 5-6k.

Buying cheap, selling expensive.

Truth is I think the higher missions should be around 7-8k which is the default price for them.

But now Slicing Missions are not profitable at all, just a waste of time. So waiting for cheaper ones might be .. long.

Not gunna pay a total of 10-12k for 2-4 purple mats when the purple item itself wouldn't sell for 15k since people can get equal quality from comms.

Heck and for the gathering missions its not even purples, just regular resources >_<

Edited by RagNoRock

Missions are only worth as much as the materials they return. Paying 10k for a mission that returns 6k worth of product is stupid on the buyer's part. On the other hand, selling a mission for 2k when the return is going to be in the neighborhood of 6k is stupid on the seller's part.

I sold a Slicing mission on the GTN for 15k. I've run that exact Slicing mission myself many times. Its cost was about 2k (to run it), takes up your crew member for about an hour, and it returned 6k credits and an augment worth about 1k. You're literally losing ~10k if you buy and run that mission. And yet that mission sold. Quickly.

The bottom line is this: As long as stupid people have money to burn, more frugal players aren't going to see lower prices. And to expect us to sell things at a lower price is absurd, because half the time the lower priced product will just be scooped up and resold at a higher price by resellers. So I lose out on credits so somebody else can overprice things instead.

No thanks. Sorry about your luck. That's how a free market works.

Reason I would never buy it for a price like that: I don't need it. It is very slightly more convenient than running several regular missions to get the same materials. It's not magic. It doesn't get me something I can't obtain elsewhere, so why would I pay any more than it costs me to get the exact same materials myself? To free up a couple of runs for my companions...not a lot of incentive.

Add up the cost of "running several regular missions" until you receive comparable results, and see how much it costs you compared to one purple mission. Paying 10k will be cheaper.

Not gunna pay a total of 10-12k for 2-4 purple mats when the purple item itself wouldn't sell for 15k since people can get equal quality from comms.

Heck and for the gathering missions its not even purples, just regular resources >_<

You can't compare one item sale to 2-4 purple mats. If you only got 2, I'll betcha dollars to donuts you can sell those purple items for a minimum of 7k and still turn a profit.

Add up the cost of "running several regular missions" until you receive comparable results, and see how much it costs you compared to one purple mission. Paying 10k will be cheaper.

I have. It's not. Especially since I don't need the purples anyway (which seems to be the big selling point of these missions.) If you RE enough to try to get good items, you will end up with so much extra Purple mats just trying to get enough blue to keep REing that the price of these slicing missions will crack you up.

But would end up with plenty of blue mats which can be used to RE for the Purples.

340 purple Diplo missions return 8 blue and 4 purple. Regular Grade 6 diplo missions return 2-8 blue and the chance of 2-4 purple while costing ~2000 each.

So for your 8k I could get 8-32 blue with possibly 2-4 purple. Will gladly take the larger number of blues (especially considering I need to make ALOT of blues) over the 100% purple.

You can't compare one item sale to 2-4 purple mats. If you only got 2, I'll betcha dollars to donuts you can sell those purple items for a minimum of 7k and still turn a profit.

I would possibly turn a 2-3k profit... after running a 2 hour 30 minute mission and waiting a few days for the GTN.

But that's IF I already have the purple schem. To get the purple Schem I need 20+ blue mats. To get those mats I needed to run several of my own missions. During the course of doing so I got my own purple mats.

So, why would a logical person buy your high chance of a few purple mats (since the mission could still fail at which point they would be in a straight loss of 7-8k credits).