Wasn't Critical Successes implemented for modification items?

SoltanusFoo

I'm a 400 Artificer, and I've crafted tons of color crystals, hilts and enhancements, and not once have I ever had a critical success. I thought I read at the end of beta that you could have crit success with them and get double the items?

Also, any other 400 Archeologists have the exact same missions in their log? I think it's 1 Abund Color Crystals, 1 Abundant Power Crystals, 1 Abundant Artifacts, 1 moderate Power Crystal and 1 moderate cortosis. You select it for a mission, it vanishes, and then when it's done it's right back. I think it's even the exact same name every time.

Also 2.0, Does RE'ing purple quality Orange and Yellow color crystals work like other beginning blue items where you can get a tier 2 artifact? Or are there only two levels to the orange and yellow color crystals. The starting (prototype) and RE'd (artifact) levels.

I've had several. I have 10000/10000 affection with a companion and every 5 to 8 items crits and brings back one that has an open augment slot.

You've made a modification with an open augment slot? That is impressive!

But I'll chime in and say I've never critted with Artifice that I've noticed. It's kind of depressing, and it makes me want to switch my craft after I'm done making my Artifact orange crystal.

critical successes are in the game. as a cybertech I've seen one (Superior) item (currently 36). If you crit on Advanced mods (purple) you get a Mastercraft item.

Critting is very very very rare. it is affected by your companion's critical chance (if they have one) and by their affection.

You've made a modification with an open augment slot? That is impressive!

But I'll chime in and say I've never critted with Artifice that I've noticed. It's kind of depressing, and it makes me want to switch my craft after I'm done making my Artifact orange crystal.

I did once. Before the patches started coming out. And yes, it was a mod item. Though I can't remember if it was a crystal or a hilt. I think it was a yellow color crystal.

I RE'd it figuring I'd make more. That was a week into early access. Hasn't happened since then.

And yes, it had an augment slot. I remember that much. I also remember thinking "Wasn't I supposed to get to name this?" because it didn't give me that option.

Edited by CriticalMasses

Critting is for items like armor, earpieces, weapons etc. Mods/Barrels/Hilts etc do not get an augment slot.

incorrect. these do get crits with better stats. however you are correct in that they don't get augment slots.

You're seriously saying you've made a modification with a modification slot?

Yo dawg, I heard you like mods.

I did. When I saw it, I was thinking. Not a big deal, by the time I can use the augment slot, i'll be leveled up and need another one. So I RE'd it. I regret that now because I haven't created another one. :/

Maybe it was a bug and was never meant to happen in the first place. If so, that kind of sucks, considering at level 365 artifice (stuck at this level until I finish Belsavis, all my current schems are gray), the only complete item we can make seems to be shields. The rest are all mods....

The only reason why I continue on with Artifice is in the hope that at some point we will be able to make the actual lightsaber hilt (container) for the mods and the color crystals. But who knows when that will happen.

Edited by CriticalMasses

I did. When I saw it, I was thinking. Not a big deal, by the time I can use the augment slot, i'll be leveled up and need another one. So I RE'd it. I regret that now because I haven't created another one. :/

Maybe it was a bug and was never meant to happen in the first place. If so, that kind of sucks, considering at level 365 artifice (stuck at this level until I finish Belsavis, all my current schems are gray), the only complete item we can make seems to be shields. The rest are all mods....

The only reason why I continue on with Artifice is in the hope that at some point we will be able to make the actual lightsaber hilt (container) for the mods and the color crystals. But who knows when that will happen.

...That makes no sense. It's certainly a bug. Mods aren't moddable.

There are a couple level 400 Lightsaber recipes for Artifice. They require op/hard flashpoint materials, and they're basically equivalent to the tier 1 PvP sabers.

...That makes no sense. It's certainly a bug. Mods aren't moddable.

There are a couple level 400 Lightsaber recipes for Artifice. They require op/hard flashpoint materials, and they're basically equivalent to the tier 1 PvP sabers.

to correct this, they aren't "basically" equivalent to tier 1 PvP.. they have expertise (PvP stat) instead of another PvE secondary stat (power, alacrity, etc). being as expertise has zero use in PvE, this by default makes them worse.

bugs me to no end when people say PvP gear is "basically as good" in this or other games, when it has a whole stat on it that's meaningless outside of PvP.

to correct this, they aren't "basically" equivalent to tier 1 PvP.. they have expertise (PvP stat) instead of another PvE secondary stat (power, alacrity, etc). being as expertise has zero use in PvE, this by default makes them worse.

bugs me to no end when people say PvP gear is "basically as good" in this or other games, when it has a whole stat on it that's meaningless outside of PvP.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Yes, the PvP weapon is worse outside of PvP. It's better inside of PvP. You seem to be thinking that PvE is default, but there is a significant subset of people for whom PvP is their main focus.

The PvP weapon has slightly lower stats, slightly higher base damage, and an expertise bonus. The crafted weapon has slightly higher stats, lower base damage and secondary bonuses instead of expertise. The PvP weapon is better for PvP, the crafted one is better for PvE. They're functionally equivalent. I don't know why you're getting bent out of shape about this.

Same problem here, I have Artifice at lvl 200 and never had a critical success while crafting shields (or any other offhand) that's more, I can't even reverse the shields i get as a mission rewards or looted, I just can RE my own crafted shields (however, I can reverse hilts or crystals that I found anywhere)

I wonder if anybody got a critical success while crafting lightsabers

PS btw, also I never got a better recipe for shields or any offhand while reversing it. They are broken.

I would take the people who are saying they crit on here with a grain of salt. People have a tendency to misunderstand (or lie) what exactly is going on.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, no companions have a "cybertech crit" stat. Also, I've crafted a crap ton of mods with a 10000/10000 Mako (+15 cybertech effeciency) and never seen a crit.

Until we start seen screenshots of "crit mods" I'm going to call troll, and you should too.

Same problem here, I have Artifice at lvl 200 and never had a critical success while crafting shields

PS btw, also I never got a better recipe for shields or any offhand while reversing it. They are broken.

Well, I did. They're pretty random, but that's it, you get your augment slot from time to time.

REing vendor-taught crafts does yield better schematics, so they're not broken. Or not completely at least :rolleyes:

All that said, never did I get the "mastercraft" hilt, for example, even though some are out there in the torhead itembase. Don't feel like wasting mats on making lots of those just to test it out, tbh, they don't sell all that well.

There's a guide about Reverse Engineering at the top of this forum. It includes information on criticals.

In a nutshell. Wieldable items can Crit. When they do, they gain a modification (Augment) slot.

Modifications themselves do not, cannot, and will never crit.