Prefixes and the Crew Skills Forum

Wekeltes

Hi all,

We’ve made some changes to the Crew Skills forum – this section now uses a prefix system to identify the specific crew skill being discussed within the thread.

When creating a thread, you will be offered a Prefix option above the thread title that lists all of the Crew Skill names. If you select one of these skills, it will place that prefix tag in front of your thread on the forum index.

For example, creating a thread called “What do crits give me.” on the topic of Slicing and selecting the Slicing prefix would cause it to look as follows:

[slicing] What do crits give me.

It isn’t required to use a Crew Skills prefix, but doing so will help other members of the community find threads about specific Crew Skills. We’ve added in a sorting option at the top of the Crew Skills forum that allows you to select a specific Crew Skill, and using it will display only threads tag with the selected skill prefixes.

Because only threads with a Crew Skill prefix will show up when using the sorting tool, community members may want to add a prefix to any existing thread you’ve created by going to Edit and selecting the appropriate prefix. If you’re unable to do so, you can also use the Report function to report your opening post in the thread and request that the appropriate prefix be added.

We hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

Hi, this applies to all crew skills. Is it possible to place the level of the crafted item next to what it is? For example my cybertech toon is level 34, now when I want to craft a level 15 earpiece for a guild member or friend I open my cybertech craft tree and have to scroll through 40+ different earpieces trying to find which one is the level 15. If the tree had level numbers on the left it would make it sooo much quicker to find what I wanted. When I get my toon to level 50 (or cybertech 400) I will have 100+ items just in the earpiece tree plus the armoring or grenade tree. It almost takes as much time to find a level 15 earpiece as it does to craft it. The color code on the right of the tree does help with knowing what craft skill points I will obtain from crafting 'it', but the greyed out lower level stuff has no discernible way to judge what item is what level.

Have been waiting on group members at flashpoints and have crafted items for friends on the spot, but as the craft tree gets longer is takes too long to search through each item, waste to much time doing it when implementing a level guide would solve it so easily.

• 3 months later...
Hi, this applies to all crew skills. Is it possible to place the level of the crafted item next to what it is? For example my cybertech toon is level 34, now when I want to craft a level 15 earpiece for a guild member or friend I open my cybertech craft tree and have to scroll through 40+ different earpieces trying to find which one is the level 15. If the tree had level numbers on the left it would make it sooo much quicker to find what I wanted. When I get my toon to level 50 (or cybertech 400) I will have 100+ items just in the earpiece tree plus the armoring or grenade tree. It almost takes as much time to find a level 15 earpiece as it does to craft it. The color code on the right of the tree does help with knowing what craft skill points I will obtain from crafting 'it', but the greyed out lower level stuff has no discernible way to judge what item is what level.

Have been waiting on group members at flashpoints and have crafted items for friends on the spot, but as the craft tree gets longer is takes too long to search through each item, waste to much time doing it when implementing a level guide would solve it so easily.

There is an option to sort by level. In the upper-right corner there is a drop down box. By default it is set to Difficulty, but you can change it to Rating, Level, and Quality (not sure if I got the name corect on this last one, but it will sort the items by color: purple, blue, green).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...