Biochem not worth it

SeloDaoC

Except for the purple "pots" biochem is not worth it

Getting the mats from missions costs you way more then what you get from them.

A single use blue healpot costs you ~15 items in mats, for 1 item, the lvl 48 blue healpot use 17 items

Ive wasted loads of money trying to get the purple recipes (failed getting purple implant today after reverse engineering 40 implants)

and yet i know i can just trade a better version from an npc, or get it from pvp vendor.

Maybe if the blue items came in a stack of 10 per craft, then it might have been worth it.

As it is now im jsut gonna get the rakata items, then change profession.

Edited by SeloDaoC

you do realize biochem is the only good trade skill right now? all the crafting skills re eclipsed by raiding or flashpoint gear, hell even daily gear is better then anything made.

the only skill that has use is biochem for unlimited medpacks, stims and the cooldown adrenals.

you would be foolish to drop it. but i guess if you don't plan to do anything at 50 go for it.

Can't you make the Rakata reusable items, drop biochem, and still be able to use them while picking up a different crafting skill? The items don't say that they require biochem since they are bop and require biochem 400 to make.

If it is possible I would imagine that they would hotfix it by adding a biochem requirement to the items themselves, but seems like a pretty big oversight atm if it does work that way.

Consumables will always be useful no matter how bad the market is.

People have already been arguing that armor (and weapons) are not very useful in crafting. Implants are no different in this regard.

After you unlock your epic reusables, sell rares on the auction house. Or sell the epics. Keep in mind you do not need to unlock the epics, especially the med pacs. There is a very high chance someone on your server has already done it and will sell you one, or craft you one for a reasonable fee.

Unlock the epic stim(s) and adrenal(s) you use most, and sell the rares.

you do realize biochem is the only good trade skill right now? all the crafting skills re eclipsed by raiding or flashpoint gear, hell even daily gear is better then anything made.

the only skill that has use is biochem for unlimited medpacks, stims and the cooldown adrenals.

you would be foolish to drop it. but i guess if you don't plan to do anything at 50 go for it.

Calling it "good" is basically saying it's the leper with the most fingers.

Considering so many folks are biochem's, 3 gathering professions will make you tons of cash and you can buy all the stims/medpacs you'll ever need.

Considering so many folks are biochem's, 3 gathering professions will make you tons of cash and you can buy all the stims/medpacs you'll ever need.

It's better then being the leper with no fingers :)

Can't you make the Rakata reusable items, drop biochem, and still be able to use them while picking up a different crafting skill? The items don't say that they require biochem since they are bop and require biochem 400 to make.

If it is possible I would imagine that they would hotfix it by adding a biochem requirement to the items themselves, but seems like a pretty big oversight atm if it does work that way.

I get the feeling this is not intended and that rakata items will have biochem requirements soon. When/if they do, you'll need to level biochem all over again, and you'll be gambling at making a profit with something else.

This game is still new anyways, and crafting skills are highly likely to see big changes before much longer. I wouldn't start hopping around crew skills just yet.

The flipside is that if there are 'so many biochems' you can unlock the epics and people will buy them rather than unlock them themselves. Especially the stims, if you want to go to the trouble.

It's better then being the leper with no fingers :)

LOL true. But not having leprosy is better still.

Ehh people should just level what they want honestly. I can't see these staying the way they are for all that long (just look at the number of people complaining, something will have to change heh).

Personally I dropped biochem and have 3 gathering professions and just banking the mats/credits for now. Both Synthweaving and Artifice looked pretty fun to me, but just a waste of time in their current iterations.

I'm hoping the next month or so we'll see some changes.

If you're a PvPer, I feel like those with biochem have a HUGE advantage over those who don't.

If you don't have a reusable, persists-through-death stim, you most likely won't use one at all. There are of course persists-through-death stims out there that anyone can use, but they are expensive, and it's hard to justify using one up just for the purpose of PvPing. Because, of course, in PvP you die constantly, and if you didn't have a persists-through-death stim then it's pointless to use one. And why is this such a big deal? Because it gives you over 100 of your primary stat, and when you're fully epic-ed out, you're still only at about 1400 of your primary stat, meaning you can boost it by more than 7%. That is HUGE. It's like you get to wear an extra piece of gear that most other players don't get to wear.

Secondly, health packs. The reusable one can be used on a whim, and nobody is going to buy so many health packs that they would freely use them on a whim like you do. They likely won't use them at all. Whatever health is restored by the health pack, consider that an addition to your endurance in any battle. Your own health bar is over 20k now.

And lastly, adrenals, another thing that people aren't going to buy so many of that they would use them on a whim like you can as a biochem with the reusable adrenal. Instead of 2 relics, you get 3.

Yeah, you could take 3 gathering professions, make a bunch of money, and buy a whole bunch of stims, health packs, and adrenals that you would use them all on a whim in PvP. You'll spend countless hours gathering with those professions to make that money to buy all that stuff. Or you could just make the 3 items once with biochem and be done with it. Not to mention that I seriously, seriously doubt anyone would ever buy that many health packs and adrenals and stims and use them so abundantly in PvP as you would as a biochem. If you're at 70% health and want to top yourself off, wouldn't that feel like a waste? All that time spent gathering this stuff up, and you use a health pack like that? Seriously, nobody is going to use these items as much as a biochem will.

None of the other crafting professions come even remotely close to giving you this sort of edge in PvP.

Edited by Malachy

If you're a PvPer, I feel like those with biochem have a HUGE advantage over those who don't.

If you don't have a reusable, persists-through-death stim, you most likely won't use one at all. There are of course persists-through-death stims out there that anyone can use, but they are expensive, and it's hard to justify using one up just for the purpose of PvPing. Because, of course, in PvP you die constantly, and if you didn't have a persists-through-death stim then it's pointless to use one. And why is this such a big deal? Because it gives you over 100 of your primary stat, and when you're fully epic-ed out, you're still only at about 1400 of your primary stat, meaning you can boost it by more than 7%. That is HUGE. It's like you get to wear an extra piece of gear that most other players don't get to wear.

Secondly, health packs. The reusable one can be used on a whim, and nobody is going to buy so many health packs that they would freely use them on a whim like you do. They likely won't use them at all. Whatever health is restored by the health pack, consider that an addition to your endurance in any battle. Your own health bar is over 20k now.

And lastly, adrenals, another thing that people aren't going to buy so many of that they would use them on a whim like you can as a biochem with the reusable adrenal. Instead of 2 relics, you get 3.

Yeah, you could take 3 gathering professions, make a bunch of money, and buy a whole bunch of stims, health packs, and adrenals that you would use them all on a whim in PvP. You'll spend countless hours gathering with those professions to make that money to buy all that stuff. Or you could just make the 3 items once with biochem and be done with it. Not to mention that I seriously, seriously doubt anyone would ever buy that many health packs and adrenals and stims and use them so abundantly in PvP as you would as a biochem. If you're at 70% health and want to top yourself off, wouldn't that feel like a waste? All that time spent gathering this stuff up, and you use a health pack like that? Seriously, nobody is going to use these items as much as a biochem will.

None of the other crafting professions come even remotely close to giving you this sort of edge in PvP.

biochem crafts boe, last-through death, re-usable forms of stims/healthpacks/potions. They are just a few stat points below the BoP ones for biochems only.

biochem crafts boe, last-through death, re-usable forms of stims/healthpacks/potions. They are just a few stat points below the BoP ones for biochems only.

Are you sure anyone can use them? I don't know why BioWare would allow for such a thing since it would kill the market for biochems. If a player only needed to buy what a biochem made once in his entire career, then that really cripples the crew skill.

I have seen persists-through-death items that anyone can use, but every reusable item I have seen has required you to be a biochem.

Edited by Malachy

I agree with Raze... AND, I enjoy the RE's. It's FUN to crit and create something new.

I also have guildies send me mats and make them for them, so overall it's a good time.

Z

You're going to get me into trouble if you consider me the spokesperson for all of Raze :)

Anyone who can use reusables will also likely be able to make them since using them requires biochem as well. Of course there will be those who don't get the recipes but still, I don't see a big market for these.

Okay, I just read there are some that don't require Biochem. I might drop slicing now and pick this up. Of course the second I do they will buff it lol.

Edited by Seksi

It was my understanding that the Reusable, non-Rakata, stims/adrenals/healthkits were not biochem-specific (since they aren't bop).

If that's not the case, then excellent, more opportunity to sell adrenals :D

Edited by boomdead

It was my understanding that the Reusable, non-Rakata, stims/adrenals/healthkits were not biochem-specific (since they aren't bop).

If that's not the case, then excellent, more opportunity to sell adrenals :D

*ALL* of the Biochem reusable items are Biochem only. The level 48 stims, medpacks, and adrenals, for example, all require Biochem (340) or maybe it was 350.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

*ALL* of the Biochem reusable items are Biochem only. The level 48 stims, medpacks, and adrenals, for example, all require Biochem (340) or maybe it was 350.

I see. Strange that they didn't think to put that in the in-game tooltip. Oh well.

The problem is not that you cant use them, its just the cost of mats you need to gather to make 1 blue item you can use once. Making 1 blue lvl 48 potion costs 17 material items, you can use it once, then its gone, making 10 of those will cost you 170 items.

How many times in PvP do you use you reusable heal as a biochem? way more then 10 times for me atleast.

I doubt people will buy those pots for a price that would cover the price for the missions you have to do to get them