Republic Armstech - what's a good seller?

Descento

which Armstech items would be best sellers on a republic side?

i figure trooper Barrels/Autocanons and maybe Rifles (for trooper / jedi droid companions)

what's the most used Jedi Consular companion? need to figure this out to see what weapon they use.

post your experiences.

In my experience, weapons don't sell well at all. I get the feeling most people seek out moddable weapons and then simply upgrade their mods as they go along, especially since commendation tokens are a great (free) way to get them. I crafted Skill Barrels all the way to 400 Armstech, and every few barrel levels re-engineered to get blues. As a smuggler I was able to use my own crafted items (commendation vendors seem to sell Skill gear, especially barrels, several levels below a planet's suggested level cap).

You can make whatever you'd like, but I get the feeling barrel mods are the way to go for Armstech. They're cheap to make, and I never needed to sell them on the AH since they can often be sold to vendors at a profit (even if you don't have Scavenging), and I wouldn't be surprised if more people start buying them once they've finished their Jedi / Sith characters and move on to the barrel-based classes.

Barrels are your best bet, but in general pick items players can use over companions. No one is going to blow 5000 credits to get a rare tech staff for qyzen.

Blaster rifles (aim)

Blaster cannons

blaster pistols (cunning)

Cunning Barrels

Aim Barrels

These are the weapons players use on Republic side.

Techblades. The first companion you get as a Consular is a "melee-based Aim tank" who only uses tech blades. This means that every Consular who wants to keep him up to date either needs to find vendors who happen to sell techblades (a very small market) or they need to hit up the GTM. And even then, I'm pretty sure the vendors only sell greens. Only way to get blue or purple techblades is from an Armstech. Go forth and make money my friends!

Barrels and nice looking orange guns so people can get it for looks will be the best sellers.

People collects orange (moddable) items. I can imagine that a crafted orange gun that has nice model will go for a fair bit.

Edited by aRtFuL

Your best bet is to make barrels if you can make epic 126 rating ones, and even then odds are people won't buy them if they have half a brain. Epic weapons won't sell to 50s unless they haven't been 50 for long and will immediately regret spending the money and vendor it once they find out about dailies.

The problem is that it is free(well actually you GAIN money for doing it this way) to simply do a single day of Ilum/Belsavis dailies and get a full set of epic level 50-51 mods for your weapon/armor(Barrel/Armoring(126 rating), Enhancement, and Mod). The only thing you actually would need to buy from another player would be a color crystal weapon-wise. You can fully mod out a single orange piece once a day in epics just from doing these quests so it kinda makes armstech and armormech worthless for level 50s. Wish I knew this going in, I would have just gone Biochem.