What to do when switching crew skills?

TheToony

I'm currently 24 on my Bounty hunter and decided I've no real need for armormech. I just never use it, really. So I've decided to go biochem which means completely switching all crewskills.

My question is, what's the best thing to do now? Should I head back to Dromund kaas and just farm nodes since theres no way I'll be able to harvest later planets with 1 bio-analysis skill? Should I just buy some material off the GTN and mass-craft some stuff to try and bump my crafting skill to a level more appropriate to my level? What's the best course of action?

Either option will cost you time (farming DK) or credits (running missions and/or buying mats in the GTN). It will depend on which one you have more of to spend.

You will want to get your Bioanalysis skill up through gathering and/or missions ASAP so you can gather stuff when you kill mobs and run around while leveling.

I don't think it would take too much time and/or credits to at least get your Bioanalysis skill up. Getting your Diplomacy up will help you acquire mats to make stuff.