CE idea

belizar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CEs did NOT get what they paid for, we are NOT receiving constant updates to our vendor.

The CEs are the biggest supporters of TOR, we paid the most to play and were lied to by EAware. Yes, we deserve more, we ARE VIPs.

This post with your sig, is hilarious.

at the start they said they would keep the CE vendor updated with cool new items and looking gear so after 7 months we got a reskin of a pet every one got this isnt good enough more so now saying the amount of items they "just" made for cash shop items and now swtor is F2P the chances of this vendor geting updated instead of items going to cash shop are 0

i think CE owners should be offered a life time sub or a heavly discounted sub, why ? because i and like many ppl bought the CE just for the vendor having a unique looking gear in a mmo is somthing speical, with the cash shop many items that were prob planned for the vendor will now be bought with real cash so dont we deserve somthing to compensate our main ingame feature we paid for ?

As a CE owner, I disagree with both your premise AND your expressed sense of entitlement.

I have no clue how one can have a problem with a sec key. It adds additional protection, easy to set up, easy to use (getting used to it real quick!). Have one beside your monitor, don't throw it around, don't play with it - you won't have any issues with it breaking.

Fleet pass ftw!

The CEs did NOT get what they paid for, we are NOT receiving constant updates to our vendor.

The CEs are the biggest supporters of TOR, we paid the most to play and were lied to by EAware. Yes, we deserve more, we ARE VIPs.

You have a plus. Don't forget to put the key in your sig so everyone knows you're in the club.

Seriously??

No, Seriously??!!

So much irony between this statement by you and your signature. :p

I have no clue how one can have a problem with a sec key. It adds additional protection, easy to set up, easy to use (getting used to it real quick!). Have one beside your monitor, don't throw it around, don't play with it - you won't have any issues with it breaking.

Fleet pass ftw!

Needing to log on at multiple locations (not everyone always plays from home).

Security Key gets broken.

Security Key displays wrong ID.

Smart Phone version stops working correctly, delivers wrong ID or goes offline completely.

Smart Phone itself stolen or broken or otherwise unavailable (no coverage in area, disconnected, etc.).

There are other reasons I'm sure, but those are the most common I've seen on these boards.

Needing to log on at multiple locations (not everyone always plays from home).

Security Key gets broken.

Security Key displays wrong ID.

Smart Phone version stops working correctly, delivers wrong ID or goes offline completely.

Smart Phone itself stolen or broken or otherwise unavailable (no coverage in area, disconnected, etc.).

There are other reasons I'm sure, but those are the most common I've seen on these boards.

Get a physical one, gee! It's small, easy to use... I press that button few times a day since December and didn't have a single issue out there. It's very solid and never got a wrong ID. Very small and handy to bring anywhere if you're a portable gamer. Best thing to have. Just don't rely on phone ones. Same thing sold by Blizzard has a 7 year guarantee and I don't see why my sec key wouldn't survive that long... But when it breaks down I am sure Bioware will solve the issue pretty quickly.

Get a physical one, gee! It's small, easy to use... I press that button few times a day since December and didn't have a single issue out there. It's very solid and never got a wrong ID. Very small and handy to bring anywhere if you're a portable gamer. Best thing to have. Just don't rely on phone ones. Same thing sold by Blizzard has a 7 year guarantee and I don't see why my sec key wouldn't survive that long... But when it breaks down I am sure Bioware will solve the issue pretty quickly.

Who are you, the Security Key Salesman?

I have a Security Key. I'm just telling you about a lot of the problems I've read about people having with them, which is why many people won't use them. I don't think your sales pitch will convince them to change their minds.

:cool:

This one is about Bioware promising a CE vendor that would have a regular updates to its stock. Mouse droid is still up afaik, same for the Hutt Observer. The only thing CE vendor got since December was an awful reskin of a minitauntaun everyone got for being a subscriber. We simply want the new fluff (orange armor sets, mounts, pets, orange weapons with exclusive skins) to be put in the CE vendor instead of them going into Cash Shop. We were promised that!

And regarding the sec key: While I am not a salesman I'd recommend everyone getting one. I have no clue what kind of mistreatment a physical sec key would received from all the whiners who broke theirs... Breaking things breaks them ^^

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

We simply want the new fluff (orange armor sets, mounts, pets, orange weapons with exclusive skins) to be put in the CE vendor instead of them going into Cash Shop. We were promised that!

They never promised any specific content on the CE vendor. Stop exaggerating.

And the armor sets on the CE vendor went adaptive in the 1.3 patch, making them great for use on companions beginning at low levels.

They never promised any specific content on the CE vendor. Stop exaggerating.

And the armor sets on the CE vendor went adaptive in the 1.3 patch, making them great for use on companions beginning at low levels.

It's in teh bracket, as a suggestion... I said "fluff" clearly.

They're hardly great on the companions - they look bad, they don't fit them and it breaks the immersion. Also getting low level mods is ridiculously time taking and expensive (considering their actual usefulness) to bother with. You're best with the companion gear you get from questing. Most of the players, especially new ones, can barely afford 100k for the empty set of armor for the companion with nowhere to get the good modifications from. Modification vendors have limited assortment with missing mods for various roles and they cost a good bit of commendations. You are better off with the green armor from quests.

Also EVERY gear marked as "social" went adaptive... Why'd ya bring it here?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The free sub thing is reaching...

But they advertised an in game vender, with regular updates..... and have delivered no updates.

A lot of people bought the CE just for the vender - I did. It's got a few things, but not nearly enough to justify what I paid for it. ~ and I only paid $30.

The statue - garbage, probably going to sneak it into my crandmother's precious momments collection - or add it to my inlaws' nativity set & see how long it takes them to see it.

the cd - oh yeah- gotta have my TOR on my iPod too.... no thank you

the book - okay, yeah I like that little bit, something to read on the toilet.

huge box - I'd throw it away if it didn't keep all that junk organized.

security key - okay, yeah I would have bought this.

So my $30 bucks got me a security key & a vender that has gotten like 3 new items in 9 months? I bought all the stuff I wanted a long time ago, and the only thing I keep going back for is fleet passes. Gimme something BW, so I don't feel like I got bent.

They're hardly great on the companions - they look bad, they don't fit them and it breaks the immersion.

I disagree.

Also getting low level mods is ridiculously time taking and expensive (considering their actual usefulness) to bother with.

If you have no crafting skills, maybe. But between crafting, commendations, and cherry picking the GTN I have never had any problems. Takes very little time and insures your companions gear is always at peak levels.

You're best with the companion gear you get from questing.

Sub-standard at best, and a mish mash of gear. And by the time you get it, it's under level so you are gimping your companion.

Ashara and Jaesa just look great in a common Imperial trooper armor with that huge antenna on the back.

Besides, the Republic Officer Armor looks the same as the Civilian Pilot gear with only but minor colour changes. That's so good, so exclusive!

Regarding rest of the items in CE, the only thing I am not satisfied with is the music CD and some digital items. When CE was announced it was nowhere said that we'll get a DEMO version of the full soundtrack. This CD is barely 1/6 of all the original tunes composed for the game. And many tracks are missing from the official Youtube channel, too.

The speeder is unique and fun-looking. But it was nowhere said it's gonna be usable for only a week 'til you hit level 50 and get proper, fast mount. Now, thanks to recruit a friend, it is completely useless due to Kurtob Alliance being available in your starting area. Not everyone can get a rich friend to sub into the game, you say? I don't have one, too! I was smart enough to go starting area and looked for people on trials who are enjoying the game and would be interested in a purchase and sub. Told them about the deal, free mount and offerred few hundred grand for a start, in exchange for creating a new email and swtor account to which i'll send an invitation to. Easy. Worked.

The holo-dancer was useful until they patched it... Getting Tatooine cron is awful now. I could've just summon a dancer on the sancrawler and intercede up.

The mouse droid received a better-looking reskin from Karagga HM later on.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Not that I believe that eabw will do anything of the sort, but they need to update the CE vendors, the security key vendors, and the alignment vendors. Not just the CE vendor.

The alignment vendors need more than just level 27 moddable boots, level 9 un-moddable gloves, and green relics.

There need to be moddable chests, and legs at the very least.

Not that I believe that eabw will do anything of the sort, but they need to update the CE vendors, the security key vendors, and the alignment vendors. Not just the CE vendor.

The alignment vendors need more than just level 27 moddable boots, level 9 un-moddable gloves, and green relics.

There need to be moddable chests, and legs at the very least.

THIS! I'm glad someone brought that out. They should do something with that vendors, how about more speeders, pets etc. I'd like to see some sith warrior-like mask which was "smuggled" to the rep fleet or something like that. Come on, there are so many ideas!

THIS! I'm glad someone brought that out. They should do something with that vendors, how about more speeders, pets etc. I'd like to see some sith warrior-like mask which was "smuggled" to the rep fleet or something like that. Come on, there are so many ideas!

I second to that. Aligment vendors have very poor assortment of items. It would be really good to get some unique sets epressing our alignment, instead of that pair of boots and gloves (amirite?) which are atm available. Dark robes for a Jedi Knight? Sounds good to me. Dread Guard set is dark as hell ;)