level 75 preferred can't equip 75 crafted green earpiece

DexterousGecko

My buddy used a token to get a 70 character and then completed onslaught to get to level 75. For some reason they're not able to equip green level 75 gear that I crafted. I checked and it says "needs artifact authorization" or something. The weird thing is, it's a green item, not purple. Am I missing something here?

The gear color system has been changed with 6.0 and purple does not indicate artifact quality gear anymore. Once you hit lvl 75 and earn lvl 75 gear, all the gear regardless of the color is treated as artifact quality gear and the colors indicate their own little progression ladder in accordance to crafting quality.

To make it short: BioWare does not want you to "cheat" your way out of not subscribing and still being able to equip the best gear for lvl 75.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The gear color system has been changed with 6.0 and purple does not indicate artifact quality gear anymore. Once you hit lvl 75 and earn lvl 75 gear, all the gear regardless of the color is treated as artifact quality gear and the colors indicate their own little progression ladder in accordance to crafting quality.

To make it short: BioWare does not want you to "cheat" your way out of not subscribing and still being able to equip the best gear for lvl 75.

Yeah. On the upside it does mean that when you get artifact authorization it also includes gold gear and not just up to purple level. As for qualifying the green quality gear as part of "the best gear" is questionable but your point is fair.

best gear is that a joke? this was a 268 earpiece lol. How does that make any sense at all?

best gear is that a joke? this was a 268 earpiece lol. How does that make any sense at all?

It depends upon how you look at it. Some would say that only 306 is the "best" gear. Others would say that, collectively, any of the latest gear, 268 and better, is the "best" gear.

As he said:

It depends upon how you look at it. Some would say that only 306 is the "best" gear. Others would say that, collectively, any of the latest gear, 268 and better, is the "best" gear.

Simply replace the word best with latest and maybe you will be able to understand that BioWare does not want you to get the latest 6.0 gear without subscribing or not buying artefact authorization. And giving crafted 6.0 gear to non subs falls under that category.

As he said:

Simply replace the word best with latest and maybe you will be able to understand that BioWare does not want you to get the latest 6.0 gear without subscribing or not buying artefact authorization. And giving crafted 6.0 gear to non subs falls under that category.

Yea, except they're wearing all 75 270 and up armor pieces and weapon. It's just the earpieces, relics and enhancements. I mean, if they're going to limit what non subs are able to equip, at least make it clear.