Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dantooinian Culinarian respawn times nerf ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dantooinian Culinarian respawn times nerf ?

JulesKor
06.20.2019 , 10:18 PM | #11
I'm all for challenges, but I have been "camping" at the two areas for the last two items for around 5 hours and haven't seen them spawn. A friend told me that one item spawned while I was at the other location, but it was quickly taken by someone else.

All we ask is just for a respawn time nerf to keep it fun. I know I will "eventually" get the achievement, but camping for it has not been fun. I don't know what the aim of having long, drawn out respawn timers is - is it to ensure I resub after my 180 days expires? If that's the case....make it fun, not tedious

UPDATE: It took me a bit over 5 hours of on/off camping to finally get the shroom. Gee that was a fun 5 hours

merovejec
06.21.2019 , 12:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JulesKor View Post
UPDATE: It took me a bit over 5 hours of on/off camping to finally get the shroom. Gee that was a fun 5 hours
People keep on forgeting that this is an achievement, it has to be achieved! So keep camping

I am also slowly getting all the items.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Sundown
06.21.2019 , 02:23 AM | #13
Had to get up early for different reasons today and seized the opportunity to check some locations. Got really lucky and found 3 items, so I now just need to camp a single last one. At least I can confirm that all items can be found in peacetime (provided that the one I am missing actually is, which is just confirmed by other sources).

This is some kind of "different" challenge.

DarkTergon
06.21.2019 , 08:33 AM | #14
Someone mentioned in chat that they camped one of them from when it was picked up (by someone else) till it spawned for them, and it was 3 hours. That's 3 hours of sitting around doing nothing, not getting any rewards, not having any fun. Not doing anything meaningfull. Doesn't sound like an achievement to me :/
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

LJ_Gibbs
06.23.2019 , 09:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Someone mentioned in chat that they camped one of them from when it was picked up (by someone else) till it spawned for them, and it was 3 hours. That's 3 hours of sitting around doing nothing, not getting any rewards, not having any fun. Not doing anything meaningfull. Doesn't sound like an achievement to me :/
Exactly... you'd think the devs would want us playing the game... not standing around with our thumbs up our rears.

CaptRogue
06.23.2019 , 11:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Exactly... you'd think the devs would want us playing the game... not standing around with our thumbs up our rears.
Yeah you know except this is an ACHIEVEMENT. Not something you have to do. Not something that has a limited time to do. Something that can be done over time.
So while you wait, go do something else. Come back & check periodically.

Not all achievements are made to be done 100% within a day or two & move on.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Kissakias
06.24.2019 , 02:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Will we ever see this nerfed because it's like rats going for a bit of cheese and it's meant to be an event that is fun not a rat race and we don't even know what the respawn times are even this would be a great help.
The respawn timer is fine is OK!
BUT that the player that ALREADY have it and CAN reclick it, is beyond unfair !!!!
THAT should be changed asap.
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--62000-achievement points--

LJ_Gibbs
06.25.2019 , 05:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Yeah you know except this is an ACHIEVEMENT. Not something you have to do. Not something that has a limited time to do. Something that can be done over time.
So while you wait, go do something else. Come back & check periodically.

Not all achievements are made to be done 100% within a day or two & move on.
You do know that MMOs prey on people's OCD?

Over time achievements is like killing 500 silver Rist on Alderaan.... not having to fight other people over a stupid long spawn.

DarkTergon
06.25.2019 , 05:52 AM | #19
I got that and the once of mission on the pvp instance around 10 am GMT (On Starforge), if that's a help to anyone. Seems to be the quietist time.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

chaharbagh
06.25.2019 , 03:14 PM | #20
I just hope that the Devs are listening.
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4