Returning player gearing

Greetings,

So I haven't really played Story mode operations or the level 60 hard mode flashpoints since 3.0

My question...

Is the 186 basic gear from the fleet, un augmented good enough for storymode operations, and the lvl 60 new flashpoints?

I always felt that augmentation was for the serious player who wants to tackle the hardmoe and nightmare mode operations. Or people who just want to fully tune their gear.

Any tips for me?

Oh and I know about the 190 ziost gear but my main question is about the 186 fleet basic gear

Edited by ross_deutsch
added info

Greetings,

So I haven't really played Story mode operations or the level 60 hard mode flashpoints since 3.0

My question...

Is the 186 basic gear from the fleet, un augmented good enough for storymode operations, and the lvl 60 new flashpoints?

I always felt that augmentation was for the serious player who wants to tackle the hardmoe and nightmare mode operations. Or people who just want to fully tune their gear.

Any tips for me?

Oh and I know about the 190 ziost gear but my main question is about the 186 fleet basic gear

If you know about the 190 Ziost gear, why do you care about the 186 basic ones? 190 is in every way superior to 186.

On the question of augments, I guess it's enough, but on the other hand I really don't see why you wouldn't augment. Blue augments are good enough if you're looking to get off without too much cost.

Lot of talk in gen chat, and I know the source "gen chat" but some argue that the 190 ziost, isn't really any better than the 186 fleet basic gear.

Well they are wrong. Use your eyes.

186s from vendor are high endurance so extremely bad for tanks/heals.

For dps they are decent but you can still get better enhancements from Artificer.

Augments aren't really required for HMFPs and story mode operations but they help especially reaching accuracy cap as dps.

186s from vendor are high endurance so extremely bad for tanks/heals.

For dps they are decent but you can still get better enhancements from Artificer.

Augments aren't really required for HMFPs and story mode operations but they help especially reaching accuracy cap as dps.

Why would high endurance enhancements be any less worse for a dps than a healer. :rak_02:

Edited by Memo-

Ziost Gear is Mk-2 so the Enhacements are optimized. Being 190 they are only a few points off from 192. Best part I find the 190 gear is that it is Blue and thus cheaper to rip out. :) Edited by FerkWork

Just get all 190 gear from Ziost, and then get a 186 mainhand from gtn, they go for like 30k nowadays I believe. Relics you can pick up a couple Ruusan relics for like 200k each. Earpiece and Implants you don't get from Ziost I believe, I'd go with some crafted 186 Hawkeye something with whichever stats you need after you got your Ziost gear.

Just get all 190 gear from Ziost, and then get a 186 mainhand from gtn, they go for like 30k nowadays I believe. Relics you can pick up a couple Ruusan relics for like 200k each. Earpiece and Implants you don't get from Ziost I believe, I'd go with some crafted 186 Hawkeye something with whichever stats you need after you got your Ziost gear.

You can get 190 implants and earpiece from vendor on orbital station.

Also 190 implants have small chance to drop on Ziost.

Lot of talk in gen chat, and I know the source "gen chat" but some argue that the 190 ziost, isn't really any better than the 186 fleet basic gear.

Most likely the ignorant players who believe purple > blue, even though anyone with an ounce of brain cell matter can compare the stats and see that 190 rating blue items have more stats than equivalent 186 rating purple items, and deduce that the game assigns stat budgets based on item ratings, not color - thus 190 > 186.

Not to mention, all of the enhancements in all of the comm gear are poor high endurance versions. Even the 198 comm gear enhancements are inferior to the optimized enhancements pulled from 190 dps and healing gear (Ziost tank gear has the poor enhancements, but even still, they are better than the 186 comm gear enhancements).

Oh and don't forget that the game assigns extraction costs to mods based on a combination of rating and color (rarity), with blue substantially less expensive than purple, so pulling the superior 190 mods from Ziost gear is actually cheaper than pulling the 186 purple comm gear.

Of course with any gear obtained in game, one will have to tweak their overall stat balance to ensure the optimal stat mix, which will most likely require mixing and matching mods pulled from multiple pieces.

Edited by DawnAskham