Blackhole H+4 - Chasing the Shadow - Please reduce it.

as a shadow tank, i could sole that H4 (republic side then) ever since i had crappy hear (orange with mod 50 from daily)

now that i am in columi/rakata, it's quite easy to solo, i don't even use defensive CD anymore.

Now, as vanguard tank in full rakata, i could not solo it, went to the last boss, but he killed me. Can easily be done with two people though, i did it as a vanguard tank (no control) with a commando dps and two elara dorne (companion heal)

4 people for that quest is completely over kill, it's already an H2 IMO

So it is more of a challange to find to do it.

So find guild, friends etc to help you do it.

The last thing I want to see is a dumb down content because someone can't do it.

It is just silly and immature.

You pay your sub to play the game and not to have access to everything you know.

/Facepalm

He is in a Guild with plus 100 members. I am in that Guild too. Its names Eternal Alliance. Me (a DPS commando), Jarwan (Jarwan, a Scoundrel DPS) and Sukul (Scoundrel healer), completer this with Bowdaar as a tank. Once we did it with Sukul's alt, Woktu. He is a Guardian tank... With 13k hp XD.

To Bioware. Please fix this Quest. I had it bug out 2 times (we completed it again, all that lovely loot...), but its rather annoying to spend your time on that Bull****.

They really just need to fix the bugs in this quest at the end that will perma root a companion or cause them to become invincible. Seriously-- I've watched Qyzen not take a single hit through the entire boss fight.

It's not really up to H4 difficulty, but it's certainly more difficult than the other H2 dailies. It's doable by 2 people. But with 4 players it's too easy. They need to make a decisions of which way to go with it, and adjust it accordingly. Considering that there are rarely more than 5 people in the BH area, anytime other than the day the quests refresh, I feel like they ought to adjust it down to a H2 level.

Actually, these "Heroic 4"s need to be made harder.

I solo the Imp side version in 10 minutes. I haven't been able to solo the Pub side but it's easily 2-mannable.

Are there any Jugg who can solo it in 10 minutes?

I want to L2P

If you can, find a friend or guildy to do it with. Companions count as a player, so with 2 players (each with 1 companion), this quest is very manageable.

Oh and if you're feeling up to an even bigger challenge, you can try soloing the quest. I was able to solo it last week for the first time (and I'm a healer). It was slow but eventually I got it done, and it felt pretty rewarding :)

Edited by Shlamorel

explain how this can be done with 2 people please without the 60s stun? 9seriously....how please?) Guardian and trooper (me and my friend) have only 6-9s stuns against 4 elites and four strongs. I don't think I'm a bad player but without taking out at least two of the elites and/or having a full time healer spec with you, I don't see how you can survive the focused damage of 6 or 7.

I laugh when someone says their healer companion has rakata gear. didn't the thread start with 'low population servers means this can't be completed' - I assume if your companion has rakata gear you have found lots of guild/groups to work with to finish the operations :-)

The problem as stated was 'in low population servers, there is no way to complete this'. That is not a problem with this specific heroic but in general - end game content is unavailable for most part to a huge group of us right now since there is no-one to do anything with to 'progress' in gear :-( ...... so, there is no way to get campaign gear without ...... finding groups......so the question is really 'how to get best gear on low population servers'.

I guess I dont' get the problem with creating challenging/tough heroic-2's that granted commendations..... most of you dont' realize how very very difficult it is to do anything of value on our servers.....and most of us casual gamers are not going to invest months to get our lvl 50's 'rerolled' somewhere....so we are stuck

explain how this can be done with 2 people please without the 60s stun? 9seriously....how please?) Guardian and trooper (me and my friend) have only 6-9s stuns against 4 elites and four strongs. I don't think I'm a bad player but without taking out at least two of the elites and/or having a full time healer spec with you, I don't see how you can survive the focused damage of 6 or 7.

I laugh when someone says their healer companion has rakata gear. didn't the thread start with 'low population servers means this can't be completed' - I assume if your companion has rakata gear you have found lots of guild/groups to work with to finish the operations :-)

The problem as stated was 'in low population servers, there is no way to complete this'. That is not a problem with this specific heroic but in general - end game content is unavailable for most part to a huge group of us right now since there is no-one to do anything with to 'progress' in gear :-( ...... so, there is no way to get campaign gear without ...... finding groups......so the question is really 'how to get best gear on low population servers'.

I guess I dont' get the problem with creating challenging/tough heroic-2's that granted commendations..... most of you dont' realize how very very difficult it is to do anything of value on our servers.....and most of us casual gamers are not going to invest months to get our lvl 50's 'rerolled' somewhere....so we are stuck

You're right, certain class combinations can make this very difficult. Do either of you have healer companion(s) and/or companions with CC? For example, I know my healer companion can do some continuous CC.

You're right, certain class combinations can make this very difficult. Do either of you have healer companion(s) and/or companions with CC? For example, I know my healer companion can do some continuous CC.

hmm.... I have never seen him throw a long freeze...but I should force him to throw this and find out how long it lasts

hmm.... I have never seen him throw a long freeze...but I should force him to throw this and find out how long it lasts

Yea, try that.

I know it's frustrating and ideally we would have bustling servers with tons of people to group with... but in the mean time, think of this as a challenging goal. I mean, every time you accomplish something for the first time it feels pretty dang good, right? So if you can find a friend to try this with (and be willing to put in some blood and tears), then when you finally accomplish it it'll be such a reward :D

(Seriously not trying to sound like Barney, I'm just encouraging you to try; it's certainly within reach!)

explain how this can be done with 2 people please without the 60s stun? 9seriously....how please?) 1k

I just wanted to add some specific tips since you were asking for specifics

I don't know what specs you and your friends are, so that complicates the advice i can give you. I'm just going to assume you're both DPS because I think that presents the hardest scenario.

If you're both DPS, you ideally have a tank and healer companion between the two of you. If this is the case, I'd reccomend sending the tank companion in while the healing companion heals him. You and your friend will need to attack your tank companion's target.

Use all of your high damage cooldowns right off the bat... with a large pull (the 1st pull is the hardest, IMO), you need to get some mobs dead ASAp.

Also, I can't stress this enough - for the 1st pull especially, be sure to remember to use your 15 minute ability that you can activate when your companion is out; this helps your HP regen much faster. If you have Sacrifice/Unity (Legacy rewards for reaching lightside/darkside rank 5), make sure you;re using those well.

My last bit of advice is to make sure your companions have decent gear. If not, you may want to invest time/money into improving a companion's set of gear. IT may be tedious, but it pays off in the long-term (with a geared companion, you can do quests much easier/solo, and therefore make credits faster).

I just wanted to add some specific tips since you were asking for specifics

I don't know what specs you and your friends are, so that complicates the advice i can give you. I'm just going to assume you're both DPS because I think that presents the hardest scenario.

If you're both DPS, you ideally have a tank and healer companion between the two of you. If this is the case, I'd reccomend sending the tank companion in while the healing companion heals him. You and your friend will need to attack your tank companion's target.

Use all of your high damage cooldowns right off the bat... with a large pull (the 1st pull is the hardest, IMO), you need to get some mobs dead ASAp.

Also, I can't stress this enough - for the 1st pull especially, be sure to remember to use your 15 minute ability that you can activate when your companion is out; this helps your HP regen much faster. If you have Sacrifice/Unity (Legacy rewards for reaching lightside/darkside rank 5), make sure you;re using those well.

My last bit of advice is to make sure your companions have decent gear. If not, you may want to invest time/money into improving a companion's set of gear. IT may be tedious, but it pays off in the long-term (with a geared companion, you can do quests much easier/solo, and therefore make credits faster).

we are tank guardian and dps vanguard. I agree that the gear upgrade helps immensely as does the command stim - that with the cantina cocktail raises my companion by 2000 HP.

I'm still curious when people say they have 'beat' this with two people whether they mean - beat it with multiple deaths or .... ? yes, we can wittle it down since it is an instanced zone. Good advice on remembering to use both heroic moment and my legacy sacrifice to heal (only good thing they have for being a dark jedi!)

Problem in general with companions is they are just too damn random if you are not paying attention. Invariably you can have them attack the thing you are attacking at start if you are careful but they will almost always wonder off and attack something else BEFORE the focused attack is finished.....and it is very difficult to control your healer....for some reason they LOVE to heal my partner before they heal me!

You don't need any 60-second CC's, or even a great deal of coordination. Here is a video of me on gunslinger, duoing it with a shadow. The shadow is in mostly rakata gear, but I am only in a mixture of tionese and columi. You'll note that we are not careful about pulls, aggro or interrupts, and we intentionally used no CC longer than Flash Grenade. On the youtube channel you can also see me soloing easily on my main, a sentinel.

Enjoy

The trick to solo or duoing this quest with a heal comp is to have the comps CC ability (Carbinizing Stream, Deploy Holiday etc) acitve when taking down the trash but turn it off for the boss fight.

The standard rules for taking out trash apply start with the standards, then the strongs and finaly the elites.

For the final boss if you are well geared there is no need to move out the AOE just soak the damage.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm usually spec'd healer when I 2 man it with my sorc husband. But I've done it DPS spec'd without a primary healer.

It's all about CC and planning without heals. Leaving things CC'd extra time to give your companion more time to heal helps. Also, time your inturrupts and stuns with your friend. I usually do this one on voice with a guild mate. I probably wouldn't enjoy having two DPS spec'd individuals with 2 healing companions out if we weren't on voice-chat to coordinate things.

So my question for all of the "my server is dead" qq'ers out there is: Who is it out there that's forcing you to play on these supposed dead servers while you're still consciously deciding to pay for the game?

Man up and reroll.

I'm usually spec'd healer when I 2 man it with my sorc husband. But I've done it DPS spec'd without a primary healer.

It's all about CC and planning without heals. Leaving things CC'd extra time to give your companion more time to heal helps. Also, time your inturrupts and stuns with your friend. I usually do this one on voice with a guild mate. I probably wouldn't enjoy having two DPS spec'd individuals with 2 healing companions out if we weren't on voice-chat to coordinate things.

without voice comm it is hard but I've done it with 2 gunslingers + 2 heal companions. Do enough damage and mobs will fold.

So my question for all of the "my server is dead" qq'ers out there is: Who is it out there that's forcing you to play on these supposed dead servers while you're still consciously deciding to pay for the game?

Man up and reroll.

I personally wouldn't re-roll servers with 1.3 and server transfers incoming somewhere in the rather near feature (my gut tells me in a few weeks max). Let's just wait and see how BW will be allowing said transfers. ^^

Yeah, this isn't an H +4 but more like H+2. I duo it pretty much all the time and the only reason I duo it is because it's a pain to try and kill that much stuff solo. Just find a person that you are used to playing with and then do this mission with them.

Use cc's, interrupts, and stun's liberally.