Gearing alts in 5.0 for pvp

---AlterEgo---

Right now we can just transfer wz comms between characters if we have a new character in need of 65 pvp gear. I have 10 characters in full 208 pvp gear, but most of my wz comms come from 3 characters as I only play the rest of my toons sporadically.

If I'm reading all this new information out right, BW is making sure I don't get to gear up 7 characters but only my 3 main characters since gear only comes from the crates thing. Is that right? Will people like me, that have a whole bunch of alts, get screwed by Bioware and their new gear mechanic? Which is even worst than imaginable since the gear from crates are completely RNG and the level of the crate influence the lvl of the gear, so even if you get what you want with a lvl 10-20 crate you'll be hoping to get something you want again at Command rank 50+.

Is this the end of pvp alts for someone that doesn't play the game 12+ hours a day?

Right now we can just transfer wz comms between characters if we have a new character in need of 65 pvp gear. I have 10 characters in full 208 pvp gear, but most of my wz comms come from 3 characters as I only play the rest of my toons sporadically.

If I'm reading all this new information out right, BW is making sure I don't get to gear up 7 characters but only my 3 main characters since gear only comes from the crates thing. Is that right? Will people like me, that have a whole bunch of alts, get screwed by Bioware and their new gear mechanic? Which is even worst than imaginable since the gear from crates are completely RNG and the level of the crate influence the lvl of the gear, so even if you get what you want with a lvl 10-20 crate you'll be hoping to get something you want again at Command rank 50+.

Is this the end of pvp alts for someone that doesn't play the game 12+ hours a day?

Pretty much this... that is the way it is being explained in other threads in the general sections...

Alts will have to be played with minimal gear if you want to use them... can't believe I wasted all that money on gear slots.. I guess 35 characters was too many :(

Bioware can easily fix this if they just make the gear drops bind to legacy. Then you can give them to your alts.

Can I suggest you double post this thread and put the same one in the general section. More people will see it than here and Bioware are more likely to pay attention because they don't look at the pvp section

After re-reading the Musco posts, alts will just be played without set bonuses, all gear can crafted be so it will be on the GTN. It is just going to cost you a lot of money to get starting gear.

Again this punishes more hardcore PvP players because almost all the ones I know are broke, including me.

Edited by mhobin
mistake

I mean my subs running out a and all so probably my last post and no I'm not just trolling but like honestly guys and girls.

Why do you care any more like *********** honestly...

why do you persist? The writings been on the wall since day one that being five years ago now kids...

Is it because you love star wars? Or because the PvP is "good"

Just give it up...there are other games and other ways to spend your time...

You have to be apes if you think anything will ever change or anything you post here or the general thread will ever be taken in to consideration lol it's been five years of let downs... time to get over it and go next.

Edited by mfourcustom

It's probably going to take forever just to max out one character. Maxing out multiple alts seems like it would be out of the question, unless this game is your entire life. I can't see how anyone with a life could find the time to max out multiple characters for PVP in 5.0.

Alts will have to be played with minimal gear if you want to use them...

Well I've got 3 mercs and one mando, guess they can all share gear gained via CXP.... same goes for my 4 shadows.... and 2 operatives and one scoundrel....

Hope one of those classes is well set for the 5.0 balance..... :(

Well I've got 3 mercs and one mando, guess they can all share gear gained via CXP.... same goes for my 4 shadows.... and 2 operatives and one scoundrel....

Ha, haven't you seen the DvL armor. The armoring cannot be removed. :)

You remember the patch when they increased wz cap too 200000?

And said the % of people who had even 2 char at full ranked gear was too low, so all gear would coast only wz coms and price was greatly reduced, plus day rears and weekly increased i loved that, i could finally gear up fairly and play other disciplines and alts, so wth as passed on their head to make such a wrong mistake like this? the majority of 5.0 is a fiasco, how can even people defend rng?... Go play a koream mmo to see how painful gearing is both pvp and pve, i cant play 12h day or more. They once get rid off RNG cause was proved very bad and truly many left game and not even came back after the change, if they go live with this then game is doomed, since stream day i saw server activity low( people piss off, talking wath new games they could move on) and no my server is not dead is the most populated on Europe.

Ha, haven't you seen the DvL armor. The armoring cannot be removed. :)

• the current intention is that the armor sets will be moddable so you could always change the mods to add or remove a stat, such as Accuracy.

I would assume moddable means it all is moddable, as it is now.

Yep, I'm the same way. The only reason I'm still playing and streaming this game is because switching between alts and easily getting max pvp gear on them is relatively quick and easy. They've made their game so altoholic-friendly, and now they're saying "oh wait nevermind, we want the game to be about grinding rep to roll on rng for gear".

After re-reading the Musco posts, alts will just be played without set bonuses, all gear can crafted be so it will be on the GTN. It is just going to cost you a lot of money to get starting gear.

Again this punishes more hardcore PvP players because almost all the ones I know are broke, including me.

Don't forget their will probably be some hidden requirement for crafters to get those recipes and the mats will probably cost a fortune... which means crafted gear will probably take longer for pvpers to get because we never have any credits due to pvp dropping hardly any

It might also be the end of wintrading - if you have to focus on mainly / exactly 1 character.

I actually expect win trading will be worse... how many nubs will be in ranked now and ruining people's ratings... win trading will be worse, just so that people can get their ratings back up

Yeah...seems that a genious marketing guru decided to put all the hardcore fans to do the LvD event so they can fill alts, and now they will squeeze their time at grinding lolchampionbags for armor with set bonuses (u will be able to craft mods and enhas)

Pretty sure this gearing announcement with command rank is just a ploy by EA to piss you off enough to go buy and play Battlefield 1 for a few months. Late November they'll announce they're adding gear vendors you can swap bs gear for the gear you want/need.

You remember the patch when they increased wz cap too 200000?

And said the % of people who had even 2 char at full ranked gear was too low, so all gear would coast only wz coms and price was greatly reduced, plus day rears and weekly increased i loved that, i could finally gear up fairly and play other disciplines and alts, so wth as passed on their head to make such a wrong mistake like this? the majority of 5.0 is a fiasco, how can even people defend rng?... Go play a koream mmo to see how painful gearing is both pvp and pve, i cant play 12h day or more. They once get rid off RNG cause was proved very bad and truly many left game and not even came back after the change, if they go live with this then game is doomed, since stream day i saw server activity low( people piss off, talking wath new games they could move on) and no my server is not dead is the most populated on Europe.

This is why everyone is upset... they've admitted they made mistakes in the past and implemented a fairly good system to fix it.. the current one..

But now they seem to have forgotten the past mistakes... it's like there is a whole new team and game director with their own agenda and who hasn't bothered to even look at the past of their own game... how can you learn from mistakes if you don't look back at them,,,

Either there is new leadership who have their own agenda or someone over there has multiple personality disorder and dementia

Ah Bioware trying to copy Blizzard LUL. Gearing isn't the reason your game is **** Bioware it's the fact you have zero mmo content, awful class balancing (Which is getting worse in 5.0) and next to zero dev to player communication. But hey keep trying :^) At least you'll have movie hype to get some subs LUL. Edited by Yhtrac

sorry to delude you , but u wouldn't b able to...say u earned your gear for your main merc and that gear dropped at cxp level 50......your mando with cxp level 5 will not b able to use that gear until reaches cxp level 50 .

this will make people who play multiple alt ,say 1 for each class/faction taking over a year to gear 8 alts ( or b able to use hi end gear transferred with legacy ).

and the pay to win thing...so when my sub runs out...no more cxp progression .

omg just think of when 4.0 hitted .the madness in regular wz ,cause of the comp quest ..now this .yay wz we just need to kill anything that's red....half team trying to kill tank ...marked free spamming heals, healer playing with 1 hand taking it easy...anyway I don't c any big changes coming b4 june/july....then summer will come..and they maybe will listen when there will be just 50 players on the biggest server at peak time.

boom

Pretty sure this gearing announcement with command rank is just a ploy by EA to piss you off enough to go buy and play Battlefield 1 for a few months.

Odd that you should mention this. It has become my plan to be fair, pretty much as soon as the words "RNG" and "gear" turned up in the same sentence.

Funny how they raised the max cap of characters per server. Also put character slots on sale.

As if they wanted people to make alts.

But now, eh, time to choose your favorite child I guess.

Not only that, but encouraged people to roll new toons for the DvL event... it's like the person in charge over there has multiple personality disorder or there are too many making decisions and not discussing it with each other.