Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

HalloWorld

I am mostly driven by the stories in this game. I have four lvl 40s characters in this game; Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor, Trooper and Imperial Agent. I love them all, and Bounty Hunter and Trooper are being my favorite. I looked up at some sources (wookieepedia) about the Jedi Knight's story, and from what I read, it seems like that the Jedi Knight

gets to confront the Sith Emperor (oh my my) at the end of the story

. This definitely makes Jedi Knight stands out a bit more than other classes. This is just my opinion, I haven't played it yet so I don't know what I'm talking about. Can any of you tell me how good the Knight's story is? I want to decide what to play next after my Imperial Agent. :o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm, too, am curious.

I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor, who is just so much fun. I love the good bad girl vibe she has going on with her story line, (I'm female, so it's just really fun), the voice actor is great with that slightly arrogant tone. Andronikus Revel is awesome. The voice actor for this character has an amazing voice. I haven't played my smuggler much, but I like where her story is going as well and I like her voice actor. More than several times I've found myself laughing out loud at my smuggler. her storyline is fun and lighthearted at times.

I started a Jedi knight. Since I'm a Star Wars geek, I really thought I should do this, but so far I've not liked the storyline. I'm still willing to give it a try since she's only level 12. I like the play style and the duel lightsaber is cool. It's the story, like the OP mentioned, that keeps me playing. I do hope the story ramps up. It's very insipid and the voice actor for the female jedi sounds like she's this eager 15 year old cheerleader; very little wisdom or maturity.

Please tell me it gets better?

Edited by ejadavidson

I'm, too, am curious.

I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor, who is just so much fun. I love the good bad girl vibe she has going on with her story line, (I'm female, so it's just really fun), the voice actor is great with that slightly arrogant tone. Andronikus Revel is awesome. The voice actor for this character has an amazing voice. I haven't played my smuggler much, but I like where her story is going as well and I like her voice actor. More than several times I've found myself laughing out loud at my smuggler. her storyline is fun and lighthearted at times.

I started a Jedi knight. Since I'm a Star Wars geek, I really thought I should do this, but so far I've not liked the storyline. I'm still willing to give it a try since she's only level 12. I like the play style and the duel lightsaber is cool. It's the story, like the OP mentioned, that keeps me playing. I do hope the story ramps up. It's very insipid and the voice actor for the female jedi sounds like she's this eager 15 year old cheerleader; very little wisdom or maturity.

Please tell me it gets better?

Yay! I like my Inquisitor too, but after chapter 1... Ugh. Chapter 2 is the end to me. My Inquisitor is a good sith as well, only a bit bad mouthed when talking to her superior. =)

I haven't done much with my smuggler class yet. My Jedi Knight is around lvl 14 atm, her story totally bored me rightnow. Basically is like going around the galaxy and save/help people, it's the typical Jedi theme anyway. I'm only lvl 14 so I don't know what happens later, I bet something major will happen. I'm playing as a Jedi Guardian and she is very mature in my setting, wise wise jedi. I plan on turning her into the darkside later =P

The JK story is really good. It just starts off slow. 10-15 is kinda hokey but the 20's get more interesting and the 30's it takes off. I couldn't space bar though any of it. If I missed anything I would hit Esc and restart the convo. So in a nutshell Act I is slow and gets better towards the end and Act II and III are fun. I also think it depends a bit on what decisions you make. I was hitting 1 most of the time and 2 a few times. All my choices were light side too.

So to sum it up. I really enjoyed the JK class quests. Wouldn't mind doing them again with another character and trying different choices.

The JK story is really good. It just starts off slow. 10-15 is kinda hokey but the 20's get more interesting and the 30's it takes off. I couldn't space bar though any of it. If I missed anything I would hit Esc and restart the convo. So in a nutshell Act I is slow and gets better towards the end and Act II and III are fun. I also think it depends a bit on what decisions you make. I was hitting 1 most of the time and 2 a few times. All my choices were light side too.

So to sum it up. I really enjoyed the JK class quests. Wouldn't mind doing them again with another character and trying different choices.

Are some of the dark-choices tempting? I'd love to see my goody jedi turns rogue later on.

Unfortunately, no.

Dark chocies are:

a) Kill some imperials instead of saving few innocents (Sometimes when it's just killing imperials it's dark side.. Got no *********** idea why ^^)

b) Don't give money instead of.. well, figure that out ^^

That's unfortunetly about it.

Through all the story I felt like dark choices are kinda forced here. I wanted to be a grey jedi, but the choices are: Sadistic idiot or a pacifist.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! for JKs and Sith Warriors!!!

I havent finished yet, Im in late 40s now, but some guy spoiled me both an endind to JK and SW.. There it is: The Emporor you fight in the end is just "Voice of Emperor", just like those Voldemort's horcrucs

Edited by Enderhawk

I'm not out of Act 1 yet, but so far on my Knight, I feel like I'm just cleaning up after everyone's complete and utter incompetence. The main guy I get my storyline missions from is just a moron and most of the people I have to team up with deserve a lightsaber to the face more than they deserve my help.

That said, I'm not totally against the story line and I am enjoying it but I do feel a bit like a babysitter rather than a Jedi Knight :)

I enjoy it. But it can get a bit cheesy and overblown at times. Basically it's, "you want me to single-handedly save the galaxy...AGAIN? Fine, everyone else go stand in the corner while I do it, as usual.". There are A LOT Of helpless people in the galaxy...

Basically, if you're expecting anything other than a straight up Jedi story, then you'll be disappointed, imo.

I went into it fully expecting to be a complete goodie-two-shoes who follows the Jedi code to the best of their ability. That is what I got.

I enjoy it.

Edited by Faolon

I've really enjoyed it so far. I havebt tried any of the other classes so I can't compare, but it's kept me addicted (to the detriment of my work bonus this month!)

I'd just like uk disagree with some people over the ls/ds choices. If you really read the responses and weigh up the results I think I would personally have chosen half the ds choices. Obviously my goodie goodie Jedi has followed the code each time, but some of those people did deserve to die, sometimes the greater good outweighed the individual, so if you want to play a jk with your own personal moral code, expect a very neutral looking alignment!

I don't think one can truly appriciate the Knight story before they played other classes. My first 50 is a knight, and while I was generally happy with it, I didn't really think very highly of it.

But after I got my trooper to 50, I kinda wish if only the story can be as half decent as the knight story. I have a 40 Consular and just landed on Hoth, except for Balmora everything up until have been a very painful snooze fest. I heard that this is where the Consular's story starts to pick and I really hope it is, but even then it's still hell overdue.

The great thing about the Knight story is that all the chapters are well connected, and the final chapter kinda show an accumaltive afford of what you've been doing since the beginning. I don't think I can say the same for other stories. Not only that, once you play the Knight respective, it kinda render what the other classes doing in their story pretty moot (except maybe Smuggler).

Hmmm... upon reading through all this, I'm not very exicted about my jedi, but I'll keep her for now and play her during those times I need a break from my inquistor or my smuggler.

Doesn't romancing Doc give you dark side points? Has anyone romanced Doc with their female jedi and how is it working out?

The story is painfully slow, up until about the end of Coruscant.

Once you get past Coruscant, it starts to ramp up. Even though it can get a bit predictable with the "Oh, the sith have a planet destroying weapon on X planet", I thought the story was really awesome due to the scope of the story and how often you get to fight powerful NPCs one on one. Really adds some personality to the story when you're trying to get through a planet in order to fight a powerful enemy one on one at the end. Well, that and Jedi vs Sith combat always looks really awesome.

Oh, and if you get through the JK story, it also teaches you how to interrupt EVERYTHING which is always a nice habit(The bosses you duel rip you to shreds otherwise).

EDIT: As far as the Doc romance giving you darkside points, I romanced Kira and only got hit with two darkside flirt penalties throughout the entire story. They were pretty minor though, not to mention I went Diplomacy so I was able to get LS points back pretty quickly.

Edited by Grandmasterslash

I have a total of 150 dark side points at 50,

for sleeping with the Matriarch on Tython

and two flirts with Kira. I'd imagine it's roughly the same for Doc.

I very much enjoyed my JK story. I'm a very moral person to begin with (with a few flaws, of course) so the light side options were generally right along the lines of what I would do if faced with those decisions myself. There might have been a few times where the dark side option was appealing, and I was so far into the light at that point that I defered to the light side choice just to avoid taking a step backwards with my alignment.

I took a BH up to about level 10? By that point, I'd killed innocent people, taken bribes to turn a blind eye, and

even cut off a dudes head.

All in an attempt to make him dark. When I got to the spoiler part, I actually was disgusted with myself and deleted him to start over. So if you're at all remotely feeling 'connected' with what I'm saying, you'll likely enjoy the JK story with light side options.

Some of the chapters, so to speak, are just epic. Some are swing and a miss. I'm sure no archtype story is perfectly entertaining from start to finish.

And I'll just say this in parting...the buildup towards the end of a JK's storyline, and the ending itself, is just EPIC. I was riveted and engrossed as it all went down. Maybe I'm easy to please. I think I'm actually rather hard to please.

TL;DR - If you are a basically decent human being who's a straight arrow but with a mischievous side, likes being the go-to guy for the galaxy's biggest and toughest problems, and you want to be the most important of the four Republic archtypes (trust me, the JK ending trumps all others) then JK is for you.

I am mostly driven by the stories in this game. I have four lvl 40s characters in this game; Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor, Trooper and Imperial Agent. I love them all, and Bounty Hunter and Trooper are being my favorite. I looked up at some sources (wookieepedia) about the Jedi Knight's story, and from what I read, it seems like that the Jedi Knight

gets to confront the Sith Emperor (oh my my) at the end of the story

. This definitely makes Jedi Knight stands out a bit more than other classes. This is just my opinion, I haven't played it yet so I don't know what I'm talking about. Can any of you tell me how good the Knight's story is? I want to decide what to play next after my Imperial Agent. :o

If you want to be THE hero, the one who comes to save the day, then you'll like it.

It won't storm you, I got the feel only in the second part of Act 1 and Prologue was a bit disappointing, but after that it went bombastic.

Others pretty much have it right... the story really picks up after act 1, it really gets pretty good towards the end.

That said, if you like a story because of all the great choices you can make, it's not going to impress you. If you're OK with mostly being along for the ride on an epic good-guy adventure, you'll be pleased.

I enjoyed the Jedi Knight story overall and especially when it started ramping up in Act II and III. There was a bit too much of the "weapon of mass destruction on X planet" theme used over and over again.

I focused on Kira as my main companion most of the time up to 50 and maxed out her affection and completed her storyline (I think). Romancing her and the different parts of her storyline actually added enhanced the main storyline for me by adding interesting elements that went well with the main storyline. I never once saw any

Dark Side options

for romancing Kira, which I was sure was going to happen. I took the romance with her all the way

including secretly getting married and discussing having children

She still says some really cheesy stuff both in the dialogues and while running around. I wish they hadn't let the interns write her dialogue.

The end fight with

the Emperor

while being challenging enough felt a bit at odds storywise. After the initial encounter with him it I didn't think it would go down like it did. I kept thinking something was going to happen at the end and he was going to pull some trick that would let him get away.

Afterwards, the stuff

on Ilum involving Darth Malgus

and his rise to power was expected but done well enough.

Edited by Ryukan

Gets a bit old when you save the galaxy for the nth time; I mean, just how many planet-destroying superweapons can exist at any given time?

It picks up quite a bit in Act II though. And I wonder where the game's story will go from here, what with how our class quest and then one of the flashpoints end.