Grade 10 mats unobtainable from Jawa vendors @ Cartel Bazaar

cashtwomuchos

Was about to create a thread to say the same thing. on the plus side you can now get DMCs, EiSs and SRMs for scraps which I believe is a new thing (correct me if i'm wrong). seriously though I have all these scraps and I wanted to get a head start on crafting. I probably won't need to use them if i have to wait for a patch and the scrap will just keep piling up.

Bump. Checked all the possible Jawa Junk vendors, cartel, guild ship, personal stronghold. None of the Grade 10 mats are available. Would appreciate it if the Jawa vendors would sell mats we can use in the expansion.

They will eventually.

This is a standard practice since the jawas were introduced. What they are trying to avoid is exactly what you planned to do: stocking up on jawa parts pre-expansion and using those parts post-expansion to get a head start on everyone else with crafting; it is an anti-P2W "feature" (since the overwhelming majority of jawa parts come from packs; the only other method of acquisition is conquest and through conquest they are doled out with an eye dropper, OTOH buy a hypercrate and you can get a few hundred)

Per Dulfy, they will also drop from Command Crates.

Also, they can still drop from the Cartel Slot Machine, albeit at a lower rate than upon introduction. Nobody would seriously want to do this anymore, but there are still a few people who cry when they think about "what could have been", and their tears are so salty and tasty I feel like I would be doing the rest of the forum a disservice if I didn't point out that it's still *technically* possible. :)

Its so odd that jawa vendors selling grade 10 mats are disallowed, it not as if its an exploit, anyone can save them, so what if some people save up scrap prior to launch. I don't see the harm. Eventually the scrap I have saved will be exchanged for mats and I will gear all my alts. So why later rather than sooner? if its to stop people getting rich fast then it wouldn't go on for very long cause everyone would catch on. If its to stop insta gearing then i still don't see the harm. If left too long people will be able to craft end game stuff and sell anyway.

I don't see the harm.

Conversely, I don't see the harm in having to wait a few weeks before you can exchange jawa junk for mats.

I currently run crew missions, get the mats, make things, gear up (or sell the things on the GTN) without using my large backlogged stacks of jawa junk.

Then, when the mats are made available in the vendor, I will use the jawa junk to buy a boatload of mats and stop running crew missions for a while.

What's the big deal?

Darthanimus, because it has a whiff of Pay-to-Win.

(If my own personal experience is any indication) easily 90% of the jawa parts out there come from CM packs (the ONLY other source being conquest), so people are paying real money for those jawa parts (YOU may not be because you buy your packs off the GTN but someone is; those packs one buys off the GTN had to come from the CM at some point). This means that if someone wants a leg up on the next tier of crafting, all they have to do is spend $500 on packs and sock away those jawa parts until expansion launch.

Now some will say that this is more pay-to-accelerate not pay-to-win, but when you consider the extreme pricing of new crafted goods when an expansion hits, there is a significant advantage to accelerating.

If my own personal experience is any indication) easily 90% of the jawa parts out there come from CM packs (the ONLY other source being conquest),

And Galactic Command crates and the cartel slot machine...not sure what the drop rate is from GC (I got some green in one of the two crates I opened), and the CSM drop rate might as well be zero, but it isn't actually.

I don't see Jawa stuff as being particularly P2W -- for $500 worth of packs, I'm pretty sure you could sell the items and just buy the mats (or whatever you wanted to craft with them) directly.

Now some will say that this is more pay-to-accelerate not pay-to-win, but when you consider the extreme pricing of new crafted goods when an expansion hits, there is a significant advantage to accelerating.

The P2W factor would definitely be the strongest at release. Also, not adding the Jawa stuff to the vendors at launch makes early access more desirable and [properly] resets the market for the new tier of items, and tbh, crafting has never been more accessible in swtor than it is currently.

I was talking about prior to 5.0 :p

And the slot machine is what two years old now and was nerfed to **** after one week.

I know, I'm just a stickler for accuracy...other than thinking Synthweaving was ever better than Artifice, you're usually very correct on things :) :)

Also, as far as the CSM goes, I'm quite aware of how it went down...some of my best ever swtor posts are in that thread (which still gets rezzed occasionally). [At least] two of this game's biggest trools (troll/tool combo intended, not a typo) left because of it. I still go back and re-read that thread because it gives me this sort of feeling;

I know, I'm just a stickler for accuracy...other than thinking Synthweaving was ever better than Artifice, you're usually very correct on things :) :)

Also, as far as the CSM goes, I'm quite aware of how it went down...some of my best ever swtor posts are in that thread (which still gets rezzed occasionally). [At least] two of this game's biggest trools (troll/tool combo intended, not a typo) left because of it. I still go back and re-read that thread because it gives me this sort of feeling;

LOL that thread was hilarious - one would have thought the end of the world was here when they nerfed the slots.

Also hilarious is that I still have like several K of purple jawa junk thingies from the slots in my cargo bay, best couple of million I ever spent buying a pair of those decos.

Edited by DawnAskham

And I have since altered my stance on that. Although right now (with the new expansion) synth and armstech are just printing credits; artifice is a distant third. But I know that won't be forever.

Edited by psandak

LOL that thread was hilarious - one would have thought the end of the world was here when they nerfed the slots.

I remember expecting one person to post something like:

"Yesterday, January 21, 2015—a date which will live in infamy—the Contraband Slot Machine was suddenly and deliberately nerfed by Bioware developers.

It will be recorded that the distance in time from the release of the CSM makes it obvious that the nerf was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Bioware Community Team has deliberately sought to deceive the players by false statements and expressions of hope for continued usability."

Also hilarious is that I still have like several K of purple jawa junk thingies from the slots in my cargo bay, best couple of million I ever spent buying a pair of those decos.

Still haven't used mine up (although to be fair, I haven't quite finished using all the tokens I had bought at the pre-nerf prices either).