Where is Darth Marr's body? Can he come back as a companion?

Socialbob

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so dark siders are not suppose to be force ghost, then what the hell is my Inquisitor eating, if those are ghost then what, they look like ghost, walk like ghost, quack like ghost, must be a ghost?

ANd i never got the questioned answered if my Inquisitor can bind ghost why can't she bind Valkorian and be done with the first 9 chapters, go kill arcann, and wait for Vaylin to go nuts then go kill her.

Im still pissed about how they ruined Vaylin in the second part, turning her from little miss sly with mind games for older bro. to the sniveling thing attached at the hip to that stupid droid

And sorry I know some of this is off topic but I just had to get it off my chest

Edited by Atalantia

I disagree. I prefer Marr and wish he'd come back, even if it is as a ghost. Alive is better, but if a ghost is what we can get, I'm okay.

At this point I would be down for a two minute AA focusing on Darth Marr and a Sith fanatic on Korriban trying to bind Marr to his armor. :D

I'm okay with him coming back as a companion, but I think for stories sake Marr should stay ded. Unless, of course, I would much rather have Marr return as a Force Ghost, to play an advisor role to the MC. Love Lana, but I think that would be wicked to have the MC meet regularly with a Force Ghost. It'd be like their own, private, counsel. More Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda moments ftw. Edited by TyonYlle

As far as bringing back a "dead' Sith goes...

Malgus > Marr

Must we really pick sides? I like them both!

Not what I'm referring to, Kiesu.

All right, I'm at a loss then.

I enjoy keeping up with rumors. I just hope bioware is trolling the players somehow because man the massive lacking in creativity/writing to actually push that rumor is monumental. It has to be a joke to get people stirred up.

When nobody stays dead in the world, dying loses it's impact... I would call it bad writing as well.

Though, in SW falling down a pit and coming back alive is a meme by now. After Maul I refuse to believe anyone dies to that no matter how many bits they were sliced into first.

Edited by Kiesu

Go for it. Did Darth Marr have an apprentice?

Darth Lachris, the governor of Balmorra, was Darth Marr's apprentice, but she dies during the Republic's planetary arc there. There is still Talos Drellik's brother who had been personally selected by Darth Marr to train as a Sith. He is listed as Darth Marr's apprentice on Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talos_Drellik%27s_brother

Edited by Ylliarus

Darth Lachris, the governor of Balmorra, was Darth Marr's apprentice, but she dies during the Republic's planetary arc there. There is still Talos Drellik's brother who had been personally selected by Darth Marr to train as a Sith. He is listed as Darth Marr's apprentice on Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talos_Drellik%27s_brother

Use him then. :) Maybe he doesn't trust Acina or Vowrawn to defend the Empire and he wants to bring Marr back with the help of the Imperial Outlander.

Edited by fishpeople

Use him then. :) Maybe he doesn't trust Acina or Vowrawn to defend the Empire and he wants to bring Marr back with the help of the Imperial Outlander.

Could potentially work with a Sith Inquisitor and Talos Drellik... there might be a potential there aye, but I am afraid the story devs will keep Marr dead :p but... how about this:

The Sith of this era are obsessed with creating strong Sith bloodlines, the Dark Council even taking part in setting up marriages between Sith to produce Force Sensitive offspring (this is confirmed in the Fatal Alliance novel). What if Darth Marr had... a son? He could be a Sith Lord at the moment who sees the current position of the Empire and knows how his father was a key figure in its defense. He could be aspiring to continue his father's legacy and work, trying to climb to the Dark Council and resume the Defense of the Empire as his father had. There were three Darth Wyrrloks in Star Wars who were named Darth Wyrrlok I, Darth Wyrrlok II etc. Why not have a Darth Marr the Second? As part of the story perhaps our Imperial-aligned characters could help him achieve his goal and along the way romance and marry him? :) Hehe... MARRy.

Could potentially work with a Sith Inquisitor and Talos Drellik... there might be a potential there aye, but I am afraid the story devs will keep Marr dead :p but... how about this:

The Sith of this era are obsessed with creating strong Sith bloodlines, the Dark Council even taking part in setting up marriages between Sith to produce Force Sensitive offspring (this is confirmed in the Fatal Alliance novel). What if Darth Marr had... a son? He could be a Sith Lord at the moment who sees the current position of the Empire and knows how his father was a key figure in its defense. He could be aspiring to continue his father's legacy and work, trying to climb to the Dark Council and resume the Defense of the Empire as his father had. There were three Darth Wyrrloks in Star Wars who were named Darth Wyrrlok I, Darth Wyrrlok II etc. Why not have a Darth Marr the Second? As part of the story perhaps our Imperial-aligned characters could help him achieve his goal and along the way romance and marry him? :) Hehe... MARRy.

Not a bad idea, personally I would go with the clone idea and transfer Marr's spirit or essence into the new clones body or better yet just hurl his body into the Belsavis machine and tell it to 'rebuild' him. I think there are plenty of ways we can bring back the dead. It's just a question of why we would bring back Marr, Vaylin and anyone else.

Give us some two minute AA's with our favourite characters devs! Or just throw them into the computer on Odessen.

Go for it. Did Darth Marr have an apprentice?

Cool :D He did actually, Darth Lachris, but I dare say

she's no longer among the living.

So it's me now. I'm now his apprentice and willfully working toward bringing him back. I reckon he'll be annoyed, but some sacrifices are worth making lol.

Edited by Lunafox

Cool :D He did actually, Darth Lachris, but I dare say

she's no longer among the living.

So it's me now. I'm now his apprentice and willfully working toward bringing him back. I reckon he'll be annoyed, but some sacrifices are worth making lol.

Wasn't there a story blog before KOTFE was released that had Darth Marr take on a new apprentice?

Tell him the Sith Empire needs him and he should come willingly. Even in death he still fought to protect the empire.

Wasn't there a story blog before KOTFE was released that had Darth Marr take on a new apprentice?

Tell him the Sith Empire needs him and he should come willingly. Even in death he still fought to protect the empire.

I don't think so...there was one that I remember that featured Darth Lachris, but if there is one, and someone can link it, please do so.

I'm sure Darth Marr would understand why he's being pulled out of the afterlife. He's the Empire's great defender! And I'd happily remind him. :o

Can we not?

Can we just let obviously dead characters stay dead? As much as I loved Malgus in vanilla, I'm not overly thrilled with his return, and I was sick of Revan the first time they brought him back, not to mention when they gave him his own expansion. And lets not even start on Kephess.

I don't think so...there was one that I remember that featured Darth Lachris, but if there is one, and someone can link it, please do so.

I'm sure Darth Marr would understand why he's being pulled out of the afterlife. He's the Empire's great defender! And I'd happily remind him. :o

Have you ever played a game called Soma? If we cloned Marr, would it be Darth Marr or just a perfect copy of Darth Marr?

I guess not. Yeah, Marr is awesome! Can we clone force users?

Only Palpatine has ever managed to clone a body that was able to use the force, and he used decades refining and preparing the bodies for his personal use, nobody else could benefit from the bodies he personalized for his own use (and his essence transfer kicks in immediately when his current host body dies).

So a third random person trying to clone Marr after he has already deceased, and Marr not preparing any ritual or link to this other body, the chances of him ever being able to transfer essence 8 something years after he already died are pretty much nonexistent.

You could make a droid and stick it in Marr's armor and artificially try to program his personality in it, but it wouldn't be real Marr nor would it able to use force.