lolsmash ?

thamightyboro

1390 expertise and hit for almost 7K. I guess that other dude in ops chat was less geared and the guy they hit for 7,3K even more so.

Smashes can be fairly easy to avoid on the other warzones but on VS you're required to stay somewhat close to the doors...and you will get jumped. So it's going to come down to either taking a hit every now and then or running away from the objective. With more than one geared mara/sent in the game it's pretty much unavoidable to not get smashed and that's when it's silly to get hit for 7K in BiS.

And they wonder why some classes are more popular than others in rwz.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone acknowledge the fact that shi-cho jugs/guards are very easy to eliminate?

If you know what you are doing.

The more you know about a class the better you will be against them. You would not need to wonder when that smash is coming... you would know.

Dude, you think what smashers who grind almost 3x war hero gear (1st for armorings, 2nd forpower mods, 3rd for power enchants) for min/max their stats for smash, are noobs? Hahaha :D

You are just bad sorc, cry more. Playing guardian/jugg ever smash spec requires plenty skill, if you want use it in full potential - with taunts, guardian leaps, aoe slow etc etc. melee classes in general much more harder to play than ranged in pvp.

I play guardian (def/vigi tank and focus vr86 ), sentinel (watchman and focus vr 62), scoundrel (sawbones and scrapper vr 83), vanguard (assault vr40) and sage (telekinetic) - so all melee dps classes (especially sentinel and guardian and less scoundrel) - requires much higher skill cap than ranged (sage and vanguard).

Notice how you dont mention your valor on your sage have you ever pvp'd on a sage and had two maras or juggs jump you with half a brain i have a valor 87 marauder and i dropped it because honestly the class is too easy now warriors have never been hard to play you make using leaps and taunting sound hard omg thats two buttons. its not kiting with a 4 sec slow on a quite long cd against a melee that can gap close easily. If you find a guardian/mara hard you are bad end of.

1390 expertise and hit for almost 7K. I guess that other dude in ops chat was less geared and the guy they hit for 7,3K even more so.

Smashes can be fairly easy to avoid on the other warzones but on VS you're required to stay somewhat close to the doors...and you will get jumped. So it's going to come down to either taking a hit every now and then or running away from the objective. With more than one geared mara/sent in the game it's pretty much unavoidable to not get smashed and that's when it's silly to get hit for 7K in BiS.

And they wonder why some classes are more popular than others in rwz.

out of curiosity was that a jugg or a mara? and since I'm on your server I'm a little curious about the name of the player.

The imp staff looks like this these days :) Ye, and that was huttball.

The worst thing is that reps teams look exactly the same as on the screen, i mean sages/scoundrels/commandos mostly. :D

Amuzing, isn't it.

TBH have no ideas how to survive in the monkyzergfest of present days. The only thing i enjoy is my plasmanade+mortar+sticky+hail aoe combo on 5 monkeys focusing our healer :rolleyes:

Edited by dejavy

Gone are the days when people thought that a Sentinel/Marauder is a weak class because they don't know how to play them. But now after a bunch of noobs learned how to play them properly it has now become a FOTM.

Start of the End of the world i tell ya.

The smash of a juggernaut is the only thing that can do damage and it has 12 seconds cooldown. So in those 12 seconds he does almost no damage.

Lets look at the railshot of the powertech - always hits, instant cast, 4.5k (or even more) damage + 30% chance to reactivate after rocket punch.

Or lets say the jedi shadow? You kill everyone with 3 shadow strikes (5k+ a strike) in one stun. They do insane SINGLE target damage.

And if they are 2 shadows in the team attacking one target? You can figure that out yourself.

Snipers? 3 snipers in one team and after 3 seconds you will materialize in the respawn area. 15 seconds and the whole team will die.

Lets not forget about the operative healers.

Stop crying about the smashing groups forming in the warzones, the situation will be the same with group with snipers and especially with group of shadows/assassins.

I'd second that... Vanguards/pts can murder smashers.. Range dps in general is tough..

I feel like alot of classes shouldn't really be able to complain about smashers..

Vanguards/Snipers: Largely counter classes, And since they Can Dps from range, if they get caught clustered its pretty much their own fault.

Bub sorc: Sure.. a couple smashers can kill them almost instantly.. they are the ultimate melee counter class tho when not dead..

Healers: Again, kinda there own fault if they get caught in it.. no reason you can't stay away from your teammates and heal from range

Mara/Jug dps: Since they roll the spec.. cant really complain about it.

Assassin: Has every tool in the world to react to the smash build up and prevent it from going off at inopportune times

Really would say in general i only feel bad for people in the tanking roll. Trying to peel a smasher off you healer means youre inevitably going to be eating some 1.5x smashes due to your guard.

This guy gets it. Especially a certain Sniper player who has been crying about melee for as long as I can remember. I just finished levelling up my Sniper and they have NO room to complain about anything. I'm shocked that people aren't screaming for the nerfbat on them.

Gone are the days when people thought that a Sentinel/Marauder is a weak class because they don't know how to play them. But now after a bunch of noobs learned how to play them properly it has now become a FOTM.

Start of the End of the world i tell ya.

And this right here. I just laugh at these post about Smash/Sweep because they have been doing it long before 1.5, but nobody cried about it. It was always considered the joke of the Sentinel/Marauder section. Only difference between now and then is that it is instant and everybody is playing it now.

This guy gets it. Especially a certain Sniper player who has been crying about melee for as long as I can remember. I just finished levelling up my Sniper and they have NO room to complain about anything. I'm shocked that people aren't screaming for the nerfbat on them.

And this right here. I just laugh at these post about Smash/Sweep because they have been doing it long before 1.5, but nobody cried about it. It was always considered the joke of the Sentinel/Marauder section. Only difference between now and then is that it is instant and everybody is playing it now.

Ya it would be cool except that pesky los huh? Snipers would totally own in an empty WZ map, when are those coming?

The smash of a juggernaut is the only thing that can do damage and it has 12 seconds cooldown. So in those 12 seconds he does almost no damage.

Lets look at the railshot of the powertech - always hits, instant cast, 4.5k (or even more) damage + 30% chance to reactivate after rocket punch.

Or lets say the jedi shadow? You kill everyone with 3 shadow strikes (5k+ a strike) in one stun. They do insane SINGLE target damage.

And if they are 2 shadows in the team attacking one target? You can figure that out yourself.

Snipers? 3 snipers in one team and after 3 seconds you will materialize in the respawn area. 15 seconds and the whole team will die.

Lets not forget about the operative healers.

Stop crying about the smashing groups forming in the warzones, the situation will be the same with group with snipers and especially with group of shadows/assassins.

You're right but WHY DON'T I SEE 6 snipers/ssins/PTs on a single wz???!!! But i do see 5-6 warriors almost every wz? I'll tell you why. They are all SINGLE target classes, not 7k ololosmashAOEgangers. More over they can leap and it can't be los anyhow, can't be interrupted. They just jump on you with 3 monkey friends and you're just dead the same as those who were standing near by. Is that clear?

Instant AOE of even 5k is ****** ridiculous coz you just can't escape in comparison with other classes. Snipers' aoe is 1.5 cast and 1.5 until the strike itself hits the area. ALL are escaping and you hit maximum 1 idiot who was stunned or didn't notice a giant circle on the ground. More over all AOEs are channel abilities which are interruptable. Maybe now you see the difference.

The devastating result of smashes is obvious especially at node caping. 3-4 monkeys can destroy the WHOLE group at the node/gate/terminal with the SINGLE hit. I don't see any balance or sense here. It's just stupid, idiotic skill which made WZs zergmonkeyleapfest. Tactics? Who cares if you have 5 smashers.

You're right but WHY DON'T I SEE 6 snipers/ssins/PTs on a single wz???!!! But i do see 5-6 warriors almost every wz? I'll tell you why. They are all SINGLE target classes, not 7k ololosmashAOEgangers. More over they can leap and it can't be los anyhow, can't be interrupted. They just jump on you with 3 monkey friends and you're just dead the same as those who were standing near by. Is that clear?

Instant AOE of even 5k is ****** ridiculous coz you just can't escape in comparison with other classes. Snipers' aoe is 1.5 cast and 1.5 until the strike itself hits the area. ALL are escaping and you hit maximum 1 idiot who was stunned or didn't notice a giant circle on the ground. More over all AOEs are channel abilities which are interruptable. Maybe now you see the difference.

The devastating result of smashes is obvious especially at node caping. 3-4 monkeys can destroy the WHOLE group at the node/gate/terminal with the SINGLE hit. I don't see any balance or sense here. It's just stupid, idiotic skill which made WZs zergmonkeyleapfest. Tactics? Who cares if you have 5 smashers.

They can't leap snipers, you can easily run away from the smash. Whats the difference if 3 smashers jump on you, or 3 snipers snipe you, or 3 shadows backstab you? There is none, you will be dead.

And 600k single target damage is much more overpowered than 600k AOE.

And if you with all your friends are staying in hug range, then you deserve to be smashed.

They can't leap snipers, you can easily run away from the smash. Whats the difference if 3 smashers jump on you, or 3 snipers snipe you, or 3 shadows backstab you? There is none, you will be dead.

And if you with all your friends are staying in hug range, then you deserve to be smashed.

When you defending a node or taking it, running away - melee class - is a bad idea.

Let's think it this away. 2 or 3 Shadow need to get their infiltration tactic + cric - which quite unlike likely -, or have to prepare their Force Potency charge yet these are 1 target so they have to chose to attack the same target.

Smash ? you dont need to attack the same target, every one around you will get 5k damage, 2 jug in a pt can instance deal 10k damage on their enemy - 5 target got half their hp gone. - you think their healer can heal enough for 12 sec before the 2nd smash ? not to mention being attack by others.

Because they don't do 7k AoE crits.

Read that again.

7k AoE crits.

WIth the risk of getting infraction points here but talking with one as clueless as you is pointless.

"Easy" to avoid smash when its instant+ aoe + smashers have one of the best slows in the game, and leap/charge is instant and there is only one class in the entire game that cant be leaped to?

Dude what have you been smoking? :S

And your 600k vs 600k is not right, it would be more like 600k single target vs 900k aoe smash. But i dont really have any faith that you will understand why that is so.

Let me guess, you're playing a monkeyglowstick class right? and you can't hit peeps coz they are running away from you? What a BULLSHI*? Play a commando, a sage, damn! any other class and you'll notice that smash is instant which they use right after the leap. HOW am i supposed to avoid it?! In most cases they leap from different sides and you can react only against one monkey, the other smashes are full yours for sure. Try and play some real pvp bro, stop farming FPs coz i see you have no ideas what you are talking about.

Edited by dejavy

Here is my problem folks.... people like this complaining about smash and dont even know thier own class or what needs to be slotted.

The smashers know what needs to be slotted ;-)

maybe that's why you fail... or one of the reasons anyways.

At least I am braving the trolls and sarcastic comments and actually trying to improve myself and my gameplay. I believe that is what L2P means?

Edited by ElanSolUgad

Let me guess, you're playing a monkeyglowstick class right? and you can't hit peeps coz they are running away from you? What a BULLSHI*? Play a commando, a sage, damn! any other class and you'll notice that smash is instant which they use right after the leap. HOW am i supposed to avoid it?! In most cases they leap from different sides and you can react only against one monkey, the other smashes are full yours for sure. Try and play some real pvp bro, stop farming FPs coz i see you have no ideas what you are talking about.

lol, FYI, my main is a full wh sorcerer and i've leveled only through pvp, never done a flashpoint.

And yes, i have also a marauder, and yes you can run away from the smash.

lol, FYI, my main is a full wh sorcerer and i've leveled only through pvp, never done a flashpoint.

And yes, i have also a marauder, and yes you can run away from the smash.

Leap + hit Sweep while in the air: even if you're stunned or knocked back immediately, it will still land.

Also, you either cleanse Force Exhaustion/Crush if you have a cleanse, otherwise you will not run anywhere for a good few seconds.

WIth the risk of getting infraction points here but talking with one as clueless as you is pointless.

"Easy" to avoid smash when its instant+ aoe + smashers have one of the best slows in the game, and leap/charge is instant and there is only one class in the entire game that cant be leaped to?

Dude what have you been smoking? :S

And your 600k vs 600k is not right, it would be more like 600k single target vs 900k aoe smash. But i dont really have any faith that you will understand why that is so.

Nope its not, assassins in the wzs are doing much more dps than the smashers. They have more defensive cooldowns in comparision to the juggernaut smashers.

Have you played a smasher class? Or do you repeat what you've heard from the others?

Because i have, as i have leveled every class in this game through pvp.