Sons of Numenor - Est. 2008. Mature, Friendly, Casual, and RP Friendly.

Comstrike

Sons of Numenor, Est 2008, calls on all seeking an established, mature and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Guild where you belong! SonsOfNumenor.com (Republic) ScionsOfKorriban.com (Imperial)

In our six years of existence we have become known as a unusually stable, mature, active, yet casual group of MMO players across numerous games. Every guild has a story, we invite you to write your own page in ours!

SoN is not defined by any single play style, but more as a “community within a community” where members are encouraged to share their own path. We seek people committed to helping build and improve our community. Our active and professional leadership helps ensure a drama-free environment and to guide the communities efforts.

SoN has always proudly supported members who serve in the armed forces, and from this has come one of our longest standing traditions. Members are not ejected from our community due to lack of play time. When SoN was founded in 2008, several members were deployed on active duty within weeks of joining. Others have spouses who have deployed for many months at a time. Yet when they returned, their characters and Guild were there welcome them home. This tradition extends to all our members past and present. You are not separated from us for lack of playtime or distance.

SoN actively seeks to give back to our in-game communities through sponsoring public events and spectacles. Our guild actively seeks to participate and support our fellow guilds in their events. We welcome people who enjoy doing the same!

We are a true global Guild. SoN extends across the face of the earth and we are committed to building our membership in all regions!

Beyond simple in-game activities, SoN breaks the “fourth wall” of the Internet with a growing portfolio of real-world and out of game activities. SoN founded a virtual and real-world chapter of the international Tolkien Society in 2012. Also in that year, we began “LOTROcon” an annual real-world gathering of players from many guilds, held at Cedar Point in Ohio. The Guild boasts several websites have been founded spanning gaming and some of the major games SoN plays. In 2013-2014, we look forward to starting regional gatherings and even University clubs.

Why Join SoN?

Joining a guild is about finding the right fit and enjoying the game you play. We enjoy all play styles in MMORPGs, from light and heavy RP, casual raiding, questing, sponsoring activities and events, and much more. You join as a friend, and you leave as one. This means if you find a better fit, go in peace, you are always welcome back and none hold a grudge over doing what is right for you.

Membership in Sons of Numenor extends across all the games we play. You have no obligation to play any game besides what you join us for, but you are welcome in any and all games at anytime. That means you likely already have a home as your interest in games or play style changes!

We give you all the tools you need and a great community to find and build what you want in your gaming experience. A top notch website with powerful tools, social media locations, mobile phone apps, TeamSpeak3, in-game user chat channels, are all there for your use.

Our membership stretches across all times zones globally, and we are aggressively pressing to build our base of players anywhere somebody logs into a game. We are always looking to add a few more people, if you are a good fit for Sons of Numenor, we welcome friends that are the same!

If you have visited us here and are looking for a home in the games we play, I hope you will build your home online with us!

Regards,

Nathan W.L. Boyle

Founder, Sons of Numenor

Edited by Comstrike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have folks playing now in numbers during the prime-time EST hours. (typicall 9-12 pm/am) We've two people now scheduling informal and planned activities during the month. All are welcome to do the same as well, but we are playing to our strengths and numbers at this point. Most of those can be found through our websites membership groups and forums. Being inside the guild does help too since some folks gather on their own off-schedule. LIkewise, our PvP fans have been surging in their hours on both the imperial (Scions of Korriban) and Republic guilds.

The approach I'm guiding as we build numbers again, is to keep things casual and fluid. The rebound in active players has been notable, and folks starting to join us is too. But this remains a building project. The good news in that is our guild is large and strong, and it is actively lead by myself and others. There are lights on and people at the wheel.

It's great to see SoN over here at SWTOR. I was a member of NG until life happened and I had to leave (no time to raid). It was a great group of peeps.

I wanted to check out the Scions of Korriban page, but... is Korriban purposely misspelled? The link doesn't bring up a page, and even if I correct the spelling of Korriban, it only gives a dir index, and no actual page. :confused:

The SoK page is actually just a redirect to the main SonsOfNumenor.com page. During the last refit of our site a few weeks back I took the redirects out while the new landing pages are built, etc. My apologizes for the confusion there. We are also looking to consolidate our branding so you may be in SoK, but we keep things tight and singular out of game. Works better then all playing the game know everybody else.

You'll often find some of us in TeamSpeak (which isn't required) jumping back and forth as needed between factions.

When in doubt, post on our website, or even drop into Teamspeak if you would like to join. So long as you have registered and sent the "Join Us" form in (the electronic form, fill-in the blanks) we can get you setup ASAP.

All the best,

Benjimir (Republic)

Rimijneb (Imperial)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You know what (in my mind) is your best sales tactic. Your still bumping your thread even after months, looks like a more stable guild then another leader who posts an ad one time and wonders why he never gets results. Gonna go log into game now and trying hitting your guild up.