Should I bother with Esseles Flashpoint at level 18?

Hi all.

I started playing SW:TOR a couple of days ago. Yesterday I had the opportunity to finally try out the first flashpoint. However, I was not successful in finding a group. I am in a low population server.

Things have started to pick up in the server, and I am thinking of trying it out. The only thing is that I now have a level 18 commando. Is this overkill, would I just ruin it for the others playing the flashpoint for the first time? Also, would I even be able to enter the flashpoint (it is now grey in my mission list)?

Any thoughts?

Edited by SpeckledHen

The only thing is that I now have a level 18 commando. Is this overkill, would I just ruin it for the others playing the flashpoint for the first time?

It's a fun flashpoint so you should try to give it a go. But running it at a normal level with a level 18 isn't going to be any fun for the other players. I ran it the other day and the team leader invited a level 19 sentinel. He was on sprint the whole time, mauling guys before we could even get to the next mob. Even though we told him this, he kept doing it and it sucked all the fun out of running it. Since then, I won't run a flashpoint with someone far over the level range. However, I'm sure there are other people who would be more than happy to have someone of a higher level with them that can carry them.

It's a fun flashpoint so you should try to give it a go. But running it at a normal level with a level 18 isn't going to be any fun for the other players. I ran it the other day and the team leader invited a level 19 sentinel. He was on sprint the whole time, mauling guys before we could even get to the next mob. Even though we told him this, he kept doing it and it sucked all the fun out of running it. Since then, I won't run a flashpoint with someone far over the level range. However, I'm sure there are other people who would be more than happy to have someone of a higher level with them that can carry them.

Yes, this is what I was afraid of. I just finished it. A level 11 or 12 jedi joined me. I made sure to turn off sprint as I realised how dumb that would be.

I tried to leave some fun to him so I would throw a cryo grenade at the big bots and then pulse them while he sliced away at them. The tough part is with the regular soldiers, they died so fast. I tried to just limit my shots to hammer shots, but habit took over. I think he had a good time.

Funny enough, he said he had done it before but he did

not realise that the story continues after you kill ironfist. The group he was with for his first time disbanded after that point in the operation. So he never realised that there was a huge chunk of mission left.

I have to say it was pretty slick. Quiet a few different paths could have been taken for the story.

edit: oh and it did take us a while to figure out how to do the bonus. Didn't realise we both had to work at the same time. I don't think you can get your companion to do it.

2nd edit: I was too embarrassed to mention this, but I actually died during the operation. I don't think this is to spoilery, but we had to jump down a shaft and I missed the last platform and dropped to the ground and died.

Edited by SpeckledHen

Yes, this is what I was afraid of. I just finished it. A level 11 or 12 jedi joined me. I made sure to turn off sprint as I realised how dumb that would be.

I tried to leave some fun to him so I would throw a cryo grenade at the big bots and then pulse them while he sliced away at them. The tough part is with the regular soldiers, they died so fast. I tried to just limit my shots to hammer shots, but habit took over. I think he had a good time.

Funny enough, he said he had done it before but he did

not realise that the story continues after you kill ironfist. The group he was with for his first time disbanded after that point in the operation. So he never realised that there was a huge chunk of mission left.

I have to say it was pretty slick. Quiet a few different paths could have been taken for the story.

edit: oh and it did take us a while to figure out how to do the bonus. Didn't realise we both had to work at the same time. I don't think you can get your companion to do it.

2nd edit: I was too embarrassed to mention this, but I actually died during the operation. I don't think this is to spoilery, but we had to jump down a shaft and I missed the last platform and dropped to the ground and died.

I rushed a group through it as a Level 40 Sentinel. :p

I offered to slow down and let them kill mobs but they wanted to get through it. So. Works out in the end. Just be talkative? :D

well you cant really, because there is a point where you have to activate 2 consoles at the same time.

That's for the bonus boss, not for the main quest line of the Flashpoint.

If you haven't done it, and you want to see how it is, and you think it will be fun, then just go do it, no matter your level. You don't need our advice about it, just do what is fun for you.

• 3 years later...
well you cant really, because there is a point where you have to activate 2 consoles at the same time.

I just went through (The Esseles Solo) and they have updated the Flashpoint so now you don't need to click both consoles at the same time you only need to click one, So the bonus is now available for soloers like me.

Edited by JJMcCM